Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the last thread, looking for poster’s name.

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.

Last edited:
Right. They were headed towards an emergency situation (a situation they were unclear of). There would have been no reason for LE to have stopped the maroon car. A) they had other, pressing, matters at hand (to see what was wrong at the address that had called 911) and B) they didn't even know that a crime had been committed for sure, much less that they should be looking for fleeing vehicles. It's not against the law to be out driving after midnight.
I understand them not stopping the maroon car en route, but what does confuse me is why there was never any indication of it publicly as a vehicle of interest. The officer recalled the color and possibly an older model Taurus.

except he left on two previous occasions. that tells me he talks a bigger game than he can pull off.

That’s my take as well.

I think he had a general idea of how many people were in that house, but didn’t have any knowledge as to the specifics.

He obviously would have no qualms about killing anyone who was not the girl he targeted.

That was his plan.

I’m absolutely dumbfounded by the fact he would be able to be bailed out if he had the means. This case is absolutely heinous he should never be allowed out under any circumstances.

I apologise in advance if this has already been covered the thread is moving so fast. How long would a case like this take to go to trial in Wisconsin? I really hope for Jayme and her family’s sake it is not going to go on for several years.
The DA had no problem with it. He’s the one who asked for the 5 mil.

Another quote from the complaint:

"[T]he defendant stated he nearly slipped in the blood that had pooled on the floor."

If only he WOULD have slipped. That could've made up the 20 second difference he thought had passed from leaving the residence to passing the law enforcement.
If he nearly slipped, doesn't that mean he nearly slipped stepping into it.
Then that means bloody foot print or two right?

I understand them not stopping the maroon car en route, but what does confuse me is why there was never any indication of it publicly as a vehicle of interest. The officer recalled the color and possibly an older model Taurus.

Yes, that confuses me as well. I don't know why they didn't do that. I was just responding to the idea of why they didn't pull the car over on their way to the house.

we have to teach our families about these psychopaths. or test kids for it in HS. no one recognized it in him - teachers, friends, classmates, etc. but they can be detected and they should be screened. This is the most chilling, horrifying case bc no one could have stopped him, unless he got intervention (or identification) for being highly antisocial as a teen.
Sadly there really is no 'test' for these types of personality disorders unless you're already in a clinical setting. It does appear that he was socially withdrawn, didn't have an active participation in academics, little interaction with family. Those are clues, but only if someone is looking for them. IMO

From the last thread, looking for poster name to credit in progress:

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.
Footprints. LE said there were no footprints, now we know that there were

Dear heavens, the randomness of this targeting will give children and parents the willies for decades... if Dean Koontz had written it you wouldn't have believed it. "Jayme saved herself", indeed... truer words were never spoken, Sheriff! An extraordinary young woman with lionhearted bravery and strength of will. 88 days...! I don't even want to think about that part, and yet I will; because if Jayme stood it for that amount of time, I can certainly stand thinking about it a few minutes to honor her brave spirit.

I’m wondering if there are any unsolved cases that his DNA might match.

I also wonder about possible attempted or failed abductions previously.

Are any incidents possibly linked to restraining via tape? (Black tape specifically) Shot in the dark, just a thought...

Any missing young females out of the Duluth greater area that require a closer look? What about other incidents in that area?

How long has he lived alone again? Thanks in advance.

Yes and not just black tape but black "gorilla tape" From experience, that stuff is tough, it is hard to even rip with bare hands. I can't recall but did the complaint mention a knife?
Dang, that was one messed up weirdo.

there is the psychopathy checklist that can screen out antisocial tendencies.

From the last thread, @UKslueth2018 said:

“I only hope at some point we work out a way to predict or prevent such violent crimes by understanding how these individuals end up this way.. That is totally probably not realistic but whatever can be learnt and applied should be xx“

I think we are always working on this, trying to understand, especially here in these forums.

One thing I’ve taken note of re: this is how often LE says in some words or another that “one can not attempt to rationalize the irrational” (LE on a recent mass shooting). I noticed that the Director of Criminal Investigations (I forgot his name) said something similar in the interview on 48 hours the other night.

I think it’s more common than we know for parents to really struggle with a teen/young adult who’s either unwilling or unable to follow the “normal” pathway to adulthood. It makes me wonder if his inability to do so is what seemingly (based on current info) led his family members to separate/move away from him one by one.

It’s obviously a whole different story if the family was seeing more obvious signs of trouble/violence/abuse. That is what I’d like to see made more clear. Did everyone walk away from this guy because he was just unable to conform to expectations, or was there was an element of fear involved.

Imo.

If he nearly slipped, doesn't that mean he nearly slipped stepping into it.
Then that means bloody foot print or two right?
Probably. But unless the shoes are very unique, they aren’t going to catch a killer.

They’re good evidence once they catch him though, although they have a hell of a lot more valuable evidence than that.

I think he was concerned. The charge document states he removed or disabled (sorry don’t remember exact verbiage) the dome light in his car. He also turned off headlights and engine and coasted down the driveway to the house.
That's right, but I was thinking about once he left his car. Sorry, should have made that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled