Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is but some of the posters here are saying they’re hearing attorneys saying confessions don’t matter if the defendant can prove it was coerced. But I’m not worried in this case because Jayme was an eye witness and her story lines up exactly with the crime scene and evidence left behind in the house. It lines up with his confession as well.

If he walks for some reason, I don't think he'd make it a day. He's likely to get "Dahmer-ed" in prison if convicted. JMO.

I haven't misunderstood.

I ask why do you think this given the chaos in the house:
"would lead one to think they'd have been dialing the phone well before he got to the bathroom"

Obvious reasons include the thought if you be quiet he'll go away.

Easy to Monday morning QB. I can't predict my reaction to such a scenario. I certainly won't second guess theirs.

Cell phones don't make noise when you dial. Again, I'm not second guessing the Closses at all, and I don't see why you think I am. What I am trying to discuss is how what is said in the complaint compares to what we have been told was heard (or not heard) on the 911 call. Nothing else. That is literally all I am asking about.

This surely has been discussed but there are so many posts I can't read them all. Jayme and her mother his in the bathroom and heard the shot that killed her father. If they hadn't already called 911, they surely did then. After killing James, JP walked around the house looking for people, then took multiple tries to get into the bathroom, then found Denise and Jayme, and told Denise to hang up the phone. Denise and Jayme are presumably dead silent in the bathroom to avoid attracting his attention. How does this gel with the description we have been given of the 911 call having screams in the background, nothing understandable on the call? Wouldn't they have heard him tell her to hang up, and where were the screams in the background coming from?
I think the mom called 911 as soon as they got into the bathroom. The noise in the background LE described was likely the perp shoving against the door of the bathroom. I am sure they were screaming in fear from that.

jmo

It was reported that Denise tried to or did barricade the door, so that took some time. The dispatcher heard "yelling" which could have been JP yelling while he was busting down the door, or Denise and Jayme yelling/screaming. When he broke down the door, Denise may have been trying to hide the phone which could have muffled whatever was going on, making his instructions to hang up inaudible.

Thank you for your clear answer of a scenario that explains things.

Just beinging this forward from earlier talks.

Wisconsin’s supermax prison is where he is likely to end up. It is 100% isolation. The only way to get out is prolonged good behavior. Unless he has a death wish, he better make sure he never behaves enough to be released from supermax.
OH, I really hope not. What IS it with Wisconsin and making truly evil people stay alive? The cost must be enormous. ( I know nothing about WI except " the dairy state" and it's cold).

Actually I think we agree. I would also use the term sociopath (not pyschopath).

But there are a lot of sociopaths that never kill. I do think bootcamp was likely the push over that edge for this guy. I see the development of sociopathy being a combined recipe that includes biological mental illness, trauma/ abuse and other external factors (to include abandonment or neglect).

I think the only point we disagree on is that I, personally refrain from terms like “evil” or “loser” only because I’m (perhaps) excessively empathetic toward victims and believe that in order to arrive at sociopathy he, too, was a victim at some point.

I also think when we use terms like “evil” or “monster” we are being dismissive to addressing the issues that brought it to this point. To me, words like that imply that he just *IS* those things. It seems to imply there was no hope and nothing that could have been done. I don’t believe that.

To be clear, I do NOT offer that as an excuse and absolutely believe that he should be in prison forever (sorry there’s no DP for this case actually). I believe he should be held fully accountable for his actions.
Yeah, I do think we mostly agree.

There really is no such thing as “evil,” as it is an spiritual concept and not a scientifically recognized one.

As to how he got this way, I believe that it is a bit of a mix.

Certainly personal experiences influenced him, but I also think there is an underlying genetic reason as well.

When I call him “evil” or a “loser,” it is because he is still responsible for the choices he made.

I think you empathize more with the likelihood that something happened to him that made him this way.

For me, the crime itself negates that sentiment.

Just beinging this forward from earlier talks.

Wisconsin’s supermax prison is where he is likely to end up. It is 100% isolation. The only way to get out is prolonged good behavior. Unless he has a death wish, he better make sure he never behaves enough to be released from supermax.

Was Dahmer in Supermax or somewhere else?

I obviously agree regarding his chances in the GP. He won't have many friends.

They have maps. Waze and other commerical maps are tricky to use for dispatch because of liability issues. Though the dispatcher did switch maps around that time of the call...I wonder about the from/to.
(From way earlier posts, I am very familiar with maps and 911 dispatching.)
Interesting. Even if they could use wayze or google maps etc(which i didn’t know they didn’t), it makes sense that they were staging a lockdown so that there would be no trouble between the 2 cabins. It’s why she asked her to count the cabins in between or something like that. I got impatient at that point and was like “google it!” Lol
But now i understand better that they weren’t JUST trying to get directions - they were strategizing their approach of the street with the locations of the cabin as well as Jayme and the ebtrance and exit to the neighborhood as well. Good job LE and Amy the dispatcher!

Honey, come over here and sit by me because I've spent hours trying to figure out why it's not a confession to guilt. It's been said " due process" but I thought when a person admitted guilt, they just closed the cell door behind them in the absence of something very unusual like drugs, intoxication, or something similar.
In this case I wouldn't think a confession would even be necessary. The evidence is all there.

OH, I really hope not. What IS it with Wisconsin and making truly evil people stay alive? The cost must be enormous. ( I know nothing about WI except " the dairy state" and it's cold).
The cost of the death penalty is far greater than keeping someone alive.

Decades of appeals aren’t cheap.

The county seat is Superior. The distance from Superior to Gordon is 46 miles..... plus some miles west to the subdivision.
Map of Douglas County: Google Maps
Yes. This makes sense. Thx! I think everyone did a really good job on the rescue day. And weren’t these the sane officers that were handling 2dead bodies in a well or fire pit found earlier that day? Or was that another county?

Was Dahmer in Supermax or somewhere else?

I obviously agree regarding his chances in the GP. He won't have many friends.

I believe Dahmer was in GP at the time of his death. That could have been by choice, poor attorneys or the fact that it was 1994 and a lot has changed in how we handle prisoners.

I’m not even sure if supermax was available in the state he was convicted at that time (it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie