Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I posted December 1st

View attachment 164301
You nailed it!
Not that I would answer my door at dark thirty before, but from now on, I have a "new" way to try and protect myself.
#1 I can turn ALL outside flood lights from the bedroom. Even the ones that didn't detect motion.
I may even install a blinding light at the front door.
I'm seriously considering a Ring doorbell as well.
Don't know enough about them yet.

Had the father just sat beside the door, armed and waited for him to shoot the door in, he could have killed this monster on the spot.
Hindsight 20/20.
I'm in no way blaming the father!
It is what I have learned from this case.
If you are not expecting a visitor late at night, STAY AWAY FROM THE DOOR!
Thanks to Jayme, James and Denise, some family will be better prepared in situations like this!!!
Moo

I am a verified mental health professional. I have been noticing more and more young men come through my practice that are identifying with this movement. These are men with mental health issues. Of course it is not a diagnosis, it is a movement. It is a community where young men who may have mental health disorders find identity. Especially the loners. They feel wronged by society and women. And it makes sense that the most disturbed of them become mass shooters and sex offenders. Women are objectified.
I understand. I was just answering your question and explaining the reason why it's not a good idea to discuss at this point.

I dunno. For a case they claimed they had absolutely no evidence or leads that seems a bit over the top. Sheriff stated after they had him there were no tips that led to him and that Gordon was never an area of interest. They weren't keeping these things a secret to play a game with the perp. IMO it seems negligent. We all kept saying what if the answers were right there the whole time? And here there was a vehicle never mentioned? I don't get it.
I dunno either! Maybe it wasn’t an intentional game but, they let it be stated that the front door was kicked in, not shot in, for example. Stated he only stepped into the home but 5 feet when clearly he hadn’t. The officer that saw the Taurus gave a very detailed description of the only car seen on the roads. If I was law enforcement, well-versed on make and models of cars, and gave a detailed description of a car of which the license plate didn’t match I wouldn’t just shrug and say, “I guess it was a Challenger then.” I would stand firm in what I knew. But I’m not, I don’t have their difficult job, and this is neither here nor there at this point, She is alive and home and I’m sure for those involved this is a career defining case to be learned from.

Maybe outlawing *advertiser censored* would be a good start for society and the “feminist” movement. But again, we haven’t any reason to tie this to this case. I won’t be surprised if he was addicted to *advertiser censored*, but at this point we have not yet learned that. So why bring that discussion in here? Y’all know *advertiser censored*, video games, incels, gun control, illegal immigrants, and now “toxic masculinity” are all hot button controversial topics so why stir the pot when none of these are ingredients in the pot at this point??

"Feminist" movement?? Who is talking about the "feminist" movement and who is trying to blame this on *advertiser censored*? It seems derogatory to me to link the two.

well, I for one think children should be screened for antisocial behaviors and attitudes so interventions that would preserve their own quality and functionality of life and that would ideally prevent these types of devastating crimes could be implemented early. Clearly something is very wrong with JP and nobody was able to see it or do anything about it in time. that needs to change.

Maybe outlawing *advertiser censored* would be a good start for society and the “feminist” movement. But again, we haven’t any reason to tie this to this case. I won’t be surprised if he was addicted to *advertiser censored*, but at this point we have not yet learned that. So why bring that discussion in here? Y’all know *advertiser censored*, video games, incels, gun control, illegal immigrants, and now “toxic masculinity” are all hot button controversial topics so why stir the pot when none of these are ingredients in the pot at this point??

I did notice a discrepancy in the details of the criminal complaint. Jayme said her mom was able to put the tape on her mouth, but JP said Denise was struggling and he grabbed the roll from her and did it himself. I wonder if he wanted Denise to do it so there would be less of a chance of leaving DNA somewhere or if it was part of his sick plan. I don't actually want to know.
That could be. I assumed it was because he was holding the gun and couldn't handle the roll of tape and the gun at the same time. But not leaving DNA on the tape is a good point - that is yet another detail that shows up on crime shows. where he may have gotten ideas from.

jmo

horrifying.

The scary thing is that the most of these guys used to only be loners and kind of knew that they were somewhat off. Now they have found a community and an identity and they start to think they are actually really special (but in a horrible way). And it seems to ramp up the anti-social tendencies that they already have. They get egged on by their "friends" to take care of business and show how much of a man they are. These guys in the past may have had these tendencies but they did not have an echo chamber talking to them relentlessly and amping up their motivation to act. I have seen some become even more delusional in their thinking that young women and girls secretly want them and want to be taken against their will. In some of my cases they have gotten this notion from this online community. They seemed to have had an aha moment like "whoa, that is why the girls haven't liked me before, I was too nice to them. I didn't realize they wanted me to....fill in the blank" ...stalk them, rape them. This is a real thing, and it is a movement that is only growing.

I did notice a discrepancy in the details of the criminal complaint. Jayme said her mom was able to put the tape on her mouth, but JP said Denise was struggling and he grabbed the roll from her and did it himself. I wonder if he wanted Denise to do it so there would be less of a chance of leaving DNA somewhere or if it was part of his sick plan. I don't actually want to know.
Or maybe he didn't want to put down the gun. Imo

Thought this was a bit interesting.

Former Friend Of Jake Patterson: 'There Were No Red Flags'
Dylan Fisher of Minong graduated high school with Patterson in 2015. Fisher said the two were friends throughout high school.

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal."

That could be. I assumed it was because he was holding the gun and couldn't handle the roll of tape and the gun at the same time. But not leaving DNA on the tape is a good point - that is yet another detail that shows up on crime shows. where he may have gotten ideas from.

jmo
He was wearing gloves, so I don’t think DNA was the concern.

I think he either didn’t want to put down the gun, or was lazy.

that whole thing is too terrifying to even think about. how awful for JC and DC. I don't see how it could have gone any differently given the shotgun and the fact JK had just shot JC (dad), but I wish it had.

jmo

Someone posted what the dog Henry's full name was.
Does anyone have a link?
It caught my attention and I didn't save it.
Moo

Also wanted to add:

Dylan Fisher of Minong graduated high school with Patterson in 2015. Fisher said the two were friends throughout high school.

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal.

Fisher described Patterson as a person with morals who loved his dog Rosie and his parents. He said the 21-year-old suspect was smart and part of the quiz bowl team for Northwood School District in Minong.“

He also had 2 pairs of gloves on.

The death penalty is actually more expensive for a state than LWOP. Wisconsin hasn't had DP since 1853. Many innocent people have been executed in the US. One very good reason not to have it imo.
I respect your knowledge and opinion and would not debate this issue for anything, OK? :)
Besides, I don't think I like the idea of killing the worst of the worst, but it's been said several times today in the MSM news that " There is little on the table to bargain with, because there's no death penalty in the state".
Also, there's someone on death row who I personally think is innocent, but I will not say more about it. Promise.

We must be cohesive and stick with this case and its facts if we want to be able to discuss it. :cool:

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal."
No red flag except a 21yo can't hold a job, isn't in school, and seemingly sits at home all day. I can count a few red flags there.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member