Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the police officer that noted the Taurus said it didn’t have a front plate just a spot for one. And in the 12 page document I read JP said he only replaced the one on the back. Still, i think LE would have recalled it was seconds away from the house. It’s really baffling.
Front plates are required in Wisconsin for passenger vehicles.

I'm extremely glad she was found.....but stop giving cops free passes on stuff. We see 500 examples per year of why that no longer applies and hasn't in a long time. I just don't see how you fail to follow-up and put this information out there when the cops REMEMBERED this car and lots of details about it despite passing it at night (presumably while speeding by). This case may have been solved immediately had they identified the car correctly....the car they obviously took lots of notice of when they passed it.

Snipped and bolded by me

The case *might* have been solved "immediately" or, if a BOLO had been sent out for that car, JPmay have murdered Jayme the first chance he got. We will never know.

I'm not going to bash LE for the job they did, but two things do confuse me.

1. Their response about how they weren't going to answer that when asked if Jayme had a 19-year-old boyfriend did little to settle those rumors. Instead, their response seemed to fuel the rumor mill. Why not just say "no"?

2. I know we've analyzed the crap out of it already, but I still think the press conference where they were appealing straight to Jayme was weird. I've seen hundreds of press conferences in regards to missing people, and while they didn't come right out and say anything accusatory towards Jayme, I felt that the angle they took DID kind of make it sound like Jayme could come back when she so desired. Part of me understands why they did what they did (it humanized her to the perp, if she was watching then she'd know that people were looking for her, etc.) but that, along with the refrain from calling it an "abduction", set a confusing tone.

Still, I think they did the best they could. They had an amazing response time to the house during the crime and it sounds as though he left behind very little to analyze. I don't know why they didn't put anything out about the car. That's something someone definitely needs to put to them.

Absolutely, it's available on Amazon.
I think it should be required reading before getting your drivers license. That is about the right age for it. My daughter is 15 and she will be reading it this year. A lot of it is intuitive once it's spelled out for you, but very little of it was obvious to me before it was spelled out. I use what I learned from that book daily.

Gift of fear pdf: I read it during the watts case, don´t know if it is the whole book. I think it was the most informativ book I ever read and if I come across it in "real life form" I will buy it.

https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/Radical Feminist Literature/Gavin de Becker/The Gift of Fear (123)/The Gift of Fear - Gavin de Becker.pdf

I have been trying to figure out how to explain what I am thinking, but I'm not having much luck.

I think it's fabulous that we get to see pictures and hear how Jayme is doing. However, I think this may be a bit much.

Jayme does not look very comfortable in many of these pictures. Her body language is also upsetting in some of them. Some she looks a bit more relaxed than others.

I hope that her family will pick up on those cues and back away a little. Give her some space without a bunch of people or always having to smile for the camera.

I have a daughter who dislikes her picture being taken... but Jayme seems more uncomfortable with the situation to begin with.

A couple of these pictures just totally rub me the wrong way... but of course my opinion does not matter.

Family, friends of kidnapped teen Jayme Closs praise her strength and share photos after her escape | Daily Mail Online

'She's JAYMAZING'
Friends and family of 13-year-old Jayme Closs have been sharing photos of the teen following her miraculous return after having been missing for 88 days.

Since she's been back, the outpouring of support from her community has been as strong as ever, with many calling the teen 'JAYMAZING' for her resilience in the face of everything she's been through and has yet to face.

View attachment 164321 View attachment 164322 View attachment 164323
View attachment 164324 View attachment 164325 View attachment 164326

Gift of fear pdf: I read it during the watts case, don´t know if it is the whole book. I think it was the most informativ book I ever read and if I come across it in "real life form" I will buy it.

https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/Radical Feminist Literature/Gavin de Becker/The Gift of Fear (123)/The Gift of Fear - Gavin de Becker.pdf

This is probably a real site and not a pirating site, but as an author I politely request that you purchase the book from a reputable dealer. For those of us whose livlihoods come from our book sales, every little bit helps. We receive such a little amount from the sale price anyway, and tons of work go into writing books. (Well, except for maybe those bloated pamphlets on the Watts' case, but that's a different story.)

According to the complaint, JP told James to get on the ground and then James said show me your badge.
Do you think if James had gotten on the ground, he would still have been shot?

Yes. After all, he told Denise to place tape on Jayme's mouth, she tried, and then he shot and killed her anyway. And he did tell LE that he would've shot a child who got in his way, too.

They would know who the car belonged to if they had the plate info
Partial plate? ? They said no plate on the front (what their dash cam could have helped them with) and the back didn't have a license plate light. I dunno. Just tossed out an idea. I wasn't the only one who came up with it. Maybe they thought the Taurus but didn't have enough ID from cams, and were hoping one of the other cars they'd seen on the road (the Challenger and the SUV) had noticed the Taurus?

I talked to my brother yesterday, he is in a W. Va. prison. I asked if he had heard of Jayme,s case. He said yes and J.P. will get the death penalty. I said Wisc. has no death penalty. He said " yeah, they do". He said when he gets to prison someone will stab him in the neck or head, he said that equals the death penalty in prison.

I just listened to the whole 911 call posted several pages back (the one from this past Thursday). It is about 29:00 long. Thank goodness for both of the neighbors. They stayed calm and kept Jayme calm and feeling safe (At one point, JN asked Jayme if she felt nervous and Jayme said "no"). And the dispatcher did a wonderful job keeping them all safe and calm (and they thanked the dispatcher at the end as well and the dispatcher thanked them for doing such a nice job). This was probably the best possible ending that could have come from this absolutely nightmarish situation, and I am so happy and thankful that these wonderful neighbors were nearby when Jayme needed them.
Yes. Everything came together for Jayme.

Yes, that confuses me as well. I don't know why they didn't do that. I was just responding to the idea of why they didn't pull the car over on their way to the house.

Why when Washington County pulled him over did they need a broken tail light? Jayme had given a color and a name with regard to car and perp. Maybe they need a reason?

That does not surprise me so much, from what we know until they got to the scene of the murders, etc., they did not know cars they passed mattered or if they even had a crime I guess. But the lack of looking for that one pretty quickly does surprise me, as does never saying a word about it. It could have been the difference in saving her or not, and her number of days in captivity....

Someone on the Chris Watts thread suggested a book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker. I haven't read it yet but my daughter is reading it now and she said it has taught her a lot. I believe the signs are there. We just need to know what to look for.

I’ve read countless places that “The Gift of Fear” is a wonderful book that anyone/everyone should read. I think it’s about trusting your gut instincts. I’ve yet to read it myself. Has anyone read it? I know it couldn’t have helped Jayme’s nightmare, but if it somehow helped identify these creeps, maybe her ordeal wouldn’t have had a chance to be carried out. Idk. jmo

I just told my husband that he needs a loaded gun on safety in a safe in another safe to bring with him to the door whenever there’s a stir in the
night.
He told me it’s too dangerous because we have 5 kids. So i made him read the complaint today to show him how scary. He told me that if that ever happens to us that me and the kids need to climb out the windows and run to our neighbors “only 100 yards away”
I rolled my eyes and said “get a gun honey....”

We have guns and although they're locked up, they're accessible if we need to get one before leaving the bedroom. In this situation, however, James didn't even have time to react. He did exactly what one is meant to do: while the door remained closed, he asked the person outside (whom he probably thought was LE) to show his badge. He was then literally shot through the door. If he'd had one of his guns (and he did have guns) in his hand at the time, that wouldn't have protected him from the bullet blasting in through the glass window.

I'm not going to get into a gun debate or anything, but in this specific situation, James was caught off guard. Would things have been different if Denise had been armed? Maybe. Most of these "what if" scenarios only come with hindsight, however, and really aren't that fair to the victims.

Why when Washington County pulled him over did they need a broken tail light? Jayme had given a color and a name with regard to car and perp. Maybe they need a reason?

That does not surprise me so much, from what we know until they got to the scene of the murders, etc., they did not know cars they passed mattered or if they even had a crime I guess. But the lack of looking for that one pretty quickly does surprise me, as does never saying a word about it. It could have been the difference in saving her or not, and her number of days in captivity....

IMO it was to pacify him and lull him into a false sense of security. Pretending to pull him over for something other than kidnapping/murder was more likely to put him at ease. Consider the potential convo:

Police: put your hands in the air, you're under arrest for kidnapping Jayme Closs and the murder of...
JP (thinking, well, nothing left to lose): *grabs his gun and starts shooting*

OR

Police: Hey man, did you know you were missing a tail light?
JP (thinking he's dodged the bullet on this one and now feeling confident): Oh, sorry about that. Didn't realize it!
Police: Yeah, step out of the car and come back here to look...
Once JP is out of the vehicle and safely away from any weapons, LE is able to cuff him.

Neither one of those situations happened because, luckily, JP went kind of peacefully even when he suspected that he was being pulled over for Jayme's abduction. Still, LE didn't know it would go down that way.

Family, friends of kidnapped teen Jayme Closs praise her strength and share photos after her escape | Daily Mail Online

'She's JAYMAZING'
Friends and family of 13-year-old Jayme Closs have been sharing photos of the teen following her miraculous return after having been missing for 88 days.

Since she's been back, the outpouring of support from her community has been as strong as ever, with many calling the teen 'JAYMAZING' for her resilience in the face of everything she's been through and has yet to face.

View attachment 164321 View attachment 164322 View attachment 164323
View attachment 164324 View attachment 164325 View attachment 164326
I've gone from the joyful high of Jayme being found, to now feeling creeped out by this quick posting of these new photos of her and frustrated over LE's handling of JP's car situation, the misinformation campaign by LE about the crime itself, and LE not more forcibly beating down the rumors of Jayme having a boyfriend. Mix it all together and it creates one grim and bitter concoction.

I had horrid nightmares about Jayme last night. All mixed in to my crappy ptsd nightmares I always have. I truly do not know how she stood it. I don’t. I don’t know how she kept her bravery and courage. I can’t settle down from the nightmares I had about her. I keep thinking as bad as the dreams are screwing with me this morn, it’s 1/1,000,000th of what Jayme is dealing with. I pray she knows how brave and courageous she is and draws on that strength as she’s surrounded by love now. It gives me some peace that she’s with family that we all know are incredible. jmo

I don’t know. You’re right, he did spend his entire life in a form of isolation.

But he also likely saw himself as an unrecognized nobody. He’s famous now, or infamous.

He may finally see himself as somebody, and revel in the fact that he is now well known.

He committed a crime that everyone is talking about, and seems to have communicated a level of arrogance and pride as he told law enforcement about this crime.

He might be enjoying this.

I agree--until he realizes it was his one and only moment. For the rest of his life. And he is a nobody--while she hopefully goes on to shine!

Little man with a gun hitting a home with parents and a child in the middle of the night. Wow his buddies--if any--and I still would not discount there was a group/subculture possibly--not just internet--maybe even area--will be so impressed for a nanosecond. Little Molly had more guts--a small dog without a gun and a knife still barked.

All of this is based on if what we have are facts. I believe nothing that comes out of his mouth... Why would anyone? His 4 minute remark sounds like it came straight off of TV and the internet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy