Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have difficulty believing he just saw Jayme at a bus stop. Are we really believing everything this psychopath /kidnapper says? There HAS to be another connection, IMO.

I don't buy it either. Not one bit. He may have an interest in saying that because if they found his comments, online presence, fake persona or stalking activities in real life, he knows he may have far more to hide he does not want them to find. He has had 3 months to also watch TV, read online and come up with his "story".

He said he coasted down the driveway with his lights off, but didn't JC say she saw the car coming down the driveway after the dog woke her up? And how could he coast down the driveway, it was uphill from the road, wasn't it?

Where I grew up, we kids were taught to be hyper aware of any vehicles or people coming our way. My Dad has shot warning shots off countless times both day or night. My Granny did the same thing. Dad always took his rifle or shotgun with him. I could easily see any car coming with no lights on. Plus, you’re attuned to hearing anything that could be tires on gravel. I can see how Jayme would’ve been taught the same (though perhaps minus actually firing warning shots or at someone). All JMO, of course.

I don’t think someone is going to kill this guy in prison.

I say this operating under the assumption she was not sexually touched by him.

The guy is just a cold blooded killer.

I don’t think someone is going to kill this guy in prison.

I say this operating under the assumption she was not sexually touched by him.

The guy is just a cold blooded killer.

Someone posted an article with statistics over on the Watts' thread a while back, but the number of inmates who get killed in prison is vastly over-inflated. The desire for them to get hurt to pay for what they did seems to be higher than the reality of them actually getting killed.

The police have said that’s the only connection and apparently the killer has said the same. Who else is there?

Imo.

To each their own, but the killer's words mean nothing to me, why would anyone believe him? I believe some, others sound like it comes right off internet speculation and news, some of it and I believe he is thinking how smart he is and seeing if LE knows which statements are true or false, he had months to plan even a confession. So we are to believe he had no idea how many or who lived in the house, the lay out etc, but in his own words he bailed twice because of too many lights on or cars in driveway... Yet in the next breath he would have shot any other child who lived there or anyone else since he had no idea who adn how many? But he went in in the dark and after shooting Jim and getting in wandered the home with a flashlight? Threw a license plate in their garbage can, did he stop to take it off/unscrew it? I am not saying it won't come out or that LE does not know, I just think there is much we do not know yet. He definitely looked them up, looked her up or stalked imho. And ya work two days at Saputo? Two days at the Turkey Store, etc.? Both places a long darned way from Gordon... Etc. Where else did he stay? He put his gun down in the bathroom to tape Jayme. He held it in one hand while dragging her with the other. I guess I am still in a wait and see mode...

I could be wrong, just not taking his word for it, why would we?

Front plates are required in Wisconsin for passenger vehicles.
Required but he didn’t have one on the front when he pulled over to yield to the police when he was leaving the Closs home with JC in his trunk.

Which...in my opinion should have given them a reason to pull him over. But I am not sure how you delegate emergency or the one car seconds away from a crime scene as more important.

I think it's very much possible that JP saw JC at bus stop, but I don't think the abduction happened as he claims. -- I believe JP continued watching JC board the bus, stalking her for sometime before he acted. I don't believe he saw JC only once, nope. MOO

ETA: Also, JP allegedly went to the Closs residence at least twice before but deemed the conditions were not yet right.

I would have to go back and look with everything coming out, but I am trying to teach myself to look for what is not said, and maybe I have this incorrect as I have read so much today. There were no dates were there on Saputo or when he saw her. There were no dates on when he allegedly on two other occasions left because of lights and too many cars. It also does not fit the resume (which could be faked) of working for the concrete place.... Dates on much were missing in the complaint imho.

Required but he didn’t have one on the front when he pulled over to yield to the police when he was leaving the Closs home with JC in his trunk.

Which...in my opinion should have given them a reason to pull him over. But I am not sure how you delegate emergency or the one car seconds away from a crime scene as more important.

They didn't know it was a crimes scene at the time. Seems like getting to the house with the emergency call would take precedent since, at that point, they didn't know if the crime was currently in progress-or if there was even one at all. If that car had NOT been involved in the crime and they'd stopped and pulled it over before going to the house, then that would be a whole other can of worms to consider. If I dial 911 then I am hoping that emergency services are coming straight to me-not stopping along the way to hand out tickets for traffic violations.

I have questions about why they didn't mention that vehicle later. However, I guess I'm failing to see the complaints about them not pulling the car over at the time. We have hindsight and information NOW that LE didn't have at the time.

It would also give a good description even if they did not pull him over, within no time at all. A red or maroon older Taurus with no front plate...

Makes you think those attorneys are cut from the same thread as JP. Would they feel proud if they got their client off with a less sentence than deserved even though the entire lay community thinks otherwise?
It shouldn’t happen but look at some recent and not so recent cases. Casey Anthony, OJ.
Yes. But I think this guy is different....a serial killer type. Not personal to him. There's a difference. He's really creepy imo.

The 911 call from the neighbors who found her.. is just incredible. 30 minutes of these people being so very kind to this young girl.

Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case
When I listened to that call I felt like I was right there with them and I was scared to death! JP had killed before. He had nothing to lose. In one way those three adults and three children were also victims.
They all maintained their composure and kept jayme safe! They are all my heros!
The call showed me all the working parts of a rescue. God bless them all!

The criminal complaint includes the following vehicle description by Deputy Fick:

Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle. (BBM)

Why was this not reported as a vehicle of interest!? If it was, perhaps one of the neighbors in Gordon would have recognized the car.

In reference to all who are saying the Taurus with no front plate should have have pulled over by officers responding to a 911 call. hind·sight
/ˈhīn(d)ˌsīt/
noun
  1. understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed.
The officers had no way of knowing what they were moments away from discovering. (Edited)

Last edited:
We have guns and although they're locked up, they're accessible if we need to get one before leaving the bedroom. In this situation, however, James didn't even have time to react. He did exactly what one is meant to do: while the door remained closed, he asked the person outside (whom he probably thought was LE) to show his badge. He was then literally shot through the door. If he'd had one of his guns (and he did have guns) in his hand at the time, that wouldn't have protected him from the bullet blasting in through the glass window.

I'm not going to get into a gun debate or anything, but in this specific situation, James was caught off guard. Would things have been different if Denise had been armed? Maybe. Most of these "what if" scenarios only come with hindsight, however, and really aren't that fair to the victims.
I have a loaded 12 gauge shotgun with a shell chambered under the bed. No kids in the house and it is put away securely when kids are in the house.

They didn't know it was a crimes scene at the time. Seems like getting to the house with the emergency call would take precedent since, at that point, they didn't know if the crime was currently in progress-or if there was even one at all. If that car had NOT been involved in the crime and they'd stopped and pulled it over before going to the house, then that would be a whole other can of worms to consider. If I dial 911 then I am hoping that emergency services are coming straight to me-not stopping along the way to hand out tickets for traffic violations.

I have questions about why they didn't mention that vehicle later. However, I guess I'm failing to see the complaints about them not pulling the car over at the time. We have hindsight and information NOW that LE didn't have at the time.
100% agree with your statement.

The mood in that room would have been electric. What another great job by a dispatcher -- they bookended this case with professionalism.

This 911 call was released. And it was worth listening to, brings it to down to connecting with the right people who cared and everything going right thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10