Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to wonder if Henry sensed something outside. Dogs’ senses can be incredible. I don’t know if my dog can hear my mom 5 minutes down the road on the way to visit or what. But she often knows several minutes before someone arrives that we are having company, even if I don’t know it. So this dog scratched at the door to go out? And then this same dog jumps in Jayme’s lap while they are sitting there waiting for the cops. This dog knows more than we can imagine.
True! I've had pets (dogs and even cats) who know when someone is arriving well before the person is within hearing distance. I live in the city where there is always sound around us, but the animals still know. I didn't think about this aspect, but it possible the dog sensed something. Well, I will like to think that anyway. :)

jmo

Partial plate? ? They said no plate on the front (what their dash cam could have helped them with) and the back didn't have a license plate light. I dunno. Just tossed out an idea. I wasn't the only one who came up with it. Maybe they thought the Taurus but didn't have enough ID from cams, and were hoping one of the other cars they'd seen on the road (the Challenger and the SUV) had noticed the Taurus?

The Taurus is massive oversite by cops.... but to be fair to them ... they were told they heard yelling going to domestic violence situation.... so they likely thought... if this guy beat up his wife and took off we will find him ..., and 2 min later at house they thought ok that wasn’t him...he’s dead..

Only 2 hours later could they put out apb for one of most popular cars ever...so they’d have 40.000 Taurus leads really quick

It was registered to sister at home of 55 yr old divorcee who’s got a new girlfriend..

James parents would be long dead...

There was close to 0 way to prevent this Crime at the time...

Hurt people hurt people so somebody tell me when JP was hurt and how, u had to nip in bud in front end. Doesn’t absolve him but might stop next person... remove schizophrenia stigma and reopen institutions... this dude shoulda been in padded cell... or somewhere outside public.

The county seat is Superior. The distance from Superior to Gordon is 46 miles..... plus some miles west to the subdivision.
Map of Douglas County: Google Maps
I live in a state adjacent to Wisconsin. We also have many tiny villages and unincorporated towns like Gordon. The towns with under 1K population tend to not have a daily police presence. The town I grew up in, 600 people, used to get a patrol car once a week to catch speeders on the main highway. The towns smaller than that, like the size of Gordon, rarely, if ever, get a patrol car. I am on the outskirts of an unincorporated town of 300 and in 5 years I’ve only seen a patrol car in town once. Another town that size which we drove through often while growing up - never seen a patrol car there in my entire life. I can see why it took so long.

Cell phones don't make noise when you dial. Again, I'm not second guessing the Closses at all, and I don't see why you think I am. What I am trying to discuss is how what is said in the complaint compares to what we have been told was heard (or not heard) on the 911 call. Nothing else. That is literally all I am asking about.
They can make noise when you dial. It depends on your settings. Everyone should disable the option for sound when dialing or typing. I had to tell my sister to do this.

I am profoundly struck by his admission that he didn't even know her name until he got back to his house and that he later learned her parent's names from news sites, indicating to me that it wouldn't have made a difference to him if he never learned who they were. He seems totally empty on the inside.

According to the complaint, JP told James to get on the ground and then James said show me your badge.
Do you think if James had gotten on the ground, he would still have been shot?
Maybe the whole chain of events would have changed. Maybe it would have bought more time. Maybe Denise would have called 911 sooner. We will never know

Maybe the whole chain of events would have changed. Maybe it would have bought more time. Maybe Denise would have called 911 sooner. We will never know
The perp stated he wasn't going to let any eyewitnesses live. Whether Mr. Closs got on the floor as ordered or not, he was going to be shot in the head. :(

jmo

I live in a state adjacent to Wisconsin. We also have many tiny villages and unincorporated towns like Gordon. The towns with under 1K population tend to not have a daily police presence. The town I grew up in, 600 people, used to get a patrol car once a week to catch speeders on the main highway. The towns smaller than that, like the size of Gordon, rarely, if ever, get a patrol car. I am on the outskirts of an unincorporated town of 300 and in 5 years I’ve only seen a patrol car in town once. Another town that size which we drove through often while growing up - never seen a patrol car there in my entire life. I can see why it took so long.
Me too. I live only 20 miles outside of a major city and when a large truck overturned in the driveway it took almost 20 minutes for a medivac helicopter to arrive. It happens all the time in these rural areas. I'm just glad that Jayme was with cool as cucumber awesome people.

Yes, it was mentioned in the court paperwork. JTP says he was on his way to work there and that's when he saw JC at the bus stop.

I read it as he was on his way home from work. I assumed he had just quit/been fired and wondered if this was his trigger. If he was on his way TO work, I then wonder if he then quit to pursue JLC.

The Taurus is massive oversite by cops.... but to be fair to them ... they were told they heard yelling going to domestic violence situation.... so they likely thought... if this guy beat up his wife and took off we will find him ..., and 2 min later at house they thought ok that wasn’t him...he’s dead..

Only 2 hours later could they put out apb for one of most popular cars ever...so they’d have 40.000 Taurus leads really quick

It was registered to sister at home of 55 yr old divorcee who’s got a new girlfriend..

James parents would be long dead...

There was close to 0 way to prevent this Crime at the time...

Hurt people hurt people so somebody tell me when JP was hurt and how, u had to nip in bud in front end. Doesn’t absolve him but might stop next person... remove schizophrenia stigma and reopen institutions... this dude shoulda been in padded cell... or somewhere outside public.

Except that by all accounts, there was nothing overtly wrong with JP. He's not schizophrenic (and schizophrenics are not normally violent anyway), he wasn't hurt or abused, he didn't fall through cracks in the system. He's quiet and disengaged, but nothing alarmed anyone about him and there was no reason to put him in a cell. That's the scariest part about him, the complete lack of warning that something horrible is going on inside.

(Qmfr / The original poster was @MsFacetious who stated the quote in reference below:

From the last thread, looking for poster’s name.

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.

ETA: A helpful hint for when looking for a quote, etc on WS / type in “websleuths” before query terms, for example I found the above quote by typing:
“websleuths So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose“

Last edited:
It makes me so sick and sad to think that James was going to the door to check out this vehicle/person on his property, just trying to protect his family, and was gunned down. And he was doing the right things by asking to see some sort of identification/badge, etc. I know that this now makes me think of my own home where my front door is mainly glass. I will think twice about standing in front of it when an unknown person is on the other side, especially if it's late at night.

Someone had mentioned texting 911. It unfortunately is not available everywhere, but here is the link with info about it:
Text-to-911: Quick Facts & FAQs

I am not looking back saying "this should have happened" etc. This is a tragedy that the family couldn't have prevented. I'm trying to use what happened to look forward and think, "What could I try to do in this situation?" I will look into if my city has a text 911 option if I'm ever in a home invasion scenario and be more cognizant of standing in front of my door now.

Except that by all accounts, there was nothing overtly wrong with JP. He's not schizophrenic (and schizophrenics are not normally violent anyway), he wasn't hurt or abused, he didn't fall through cracks in the system. He's quiet and disengaged, but nothing alarmed anyone about him and there was no reason to put him in a cell. That's the scariest part about him, the complete lack of warning that something horrible is going on inside.

All good points...

(Qmfr / The original poster was @MsFacetious who stated the quote in reference below:

)

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

I believe (IMO) that they knew the perp had to have made it to the bathroom. Only the perp would know their assumption was completely incorrect. Another variation of keeping the reality close to their vests. That's how I looked at most of the inconsistencies.

Is it possible to start a separate thread somewhere on the forum where we can discuss toxic masculinity as it does appear to be at the root of several cases on here.

ETA: If information comes out that JP was part of the incel movement will we be able to discuss it as part of this case?
You may start a conversation in your private inbox where you can invite up to 20 members. Otherwise, you will need permission from Tricia about starting a thread on the public forum. The toxic masculinity topic is offensive to some readers and it causes huge problems.

There are no approved links stating JP has autism/Aspergers or was part of incel. Until a source can be linked they are off topic. We have repeatedly asked that the thread stay on topic.

Haven't posted here about Jaymebecause I've mainly been keeping up to date through a FB group i'm in. So relieved that she's alive, and back with family. What a brave young girl.

Didn't know if these had been posted yet, only looked back a few pages. Images of JP's house. They probably have been posted already so forgive me if so Photos: Inside the house where Jayme Closs was held

hard to believe he hosted guests there??!

I’ve caught some reporting of the case on msm this morning. I’m not happy that pics of JC with her family are being shared on msm. They didn’t even give her the dignity of brushing her hair. D,; I was 13 once. I would have been mortified. I know she, everyone, is happy she’s home but she needs her privacy. IMO.

I just watched John Walsh on GMA and he said in his ten years with Missing and Exploited Children, he doesn't find him seeing her at a bus stop and zeroing in on her all that rare. He stated children are most vulnerable going and coming from school and that there are "bus surfers" who are pedophiles who follow school busses and watch for children.

I don't have a link because I watched this live on TV just now.
On my bus duty days I often wished every child getting on the bus leaving school would have some adult in charge to see them safely the rest of the way to their homes as they got off the bus.

Thinking back on all the roads this forum went down in search of answers...

- Tainted turkey products...
- Jayme hiding in the woods and eating cat food...
- A road rage incident...
- Someone finding Jayme due to her pictures on SM...
- A creeper from one of her dance recitals...
- Mistaken identity...
- Ex employee getting revenge...
- Jayme's "real" biological father coming to get her and "rescue" her...
- Whisking Jayme off in a boat across the lake...

There were some pretty interesting detours along the way. In the end, the crime was fairly straightforward: creepy man spots girl out in public and decides he wants to kidnap her. That's partly what makes the crime so scary.

In the end the Occam's Razor rule turned out to be correct once again.

It turned out to be exactly what it seemed to be all along which was an unknown predator had invaded the home belonging to a very good family and brutally murdered two loving parents so he could kidnap their daughter Jayme who was the 13 year old child victim he had randomly targeted.

There was simply no evidence throughout the entire three months showing anything other than exactly what it appeared and turned out to be.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member