OH OH - LeShay Dungey, 19, Columbus, 24 Jan 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
LeShay Dungey, now 20 years old, was last known to be on the #22 COTA bus on Jan. 24, 2018 going to visit a male friend of hers who lived near the area of Summit Street and East 18th Avenue.

She messaged her friend at 8:25 p.m. that she was walking from the bus and asked him to unlock the door.

Police said she never made it to the home. Dungey is 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighs approximately 120 to 140 pounds.

leshaydungey.jpg

Is it odd to message a friend ahead of time to "unlock the door" (so that you can presumably just walk in?)

vs.

Just knocking on the door?
Or just messaging that you got off the bus so that they can keep an eye out for you if the noise that would be created by knocking or ringing a doorbell was an issue? (Were there roommates sleeping at 8:30pm?)

I'm trying to find information for that bus stop, but I'm public transportation- inept and although COTA seems to have a user-friendly website where you can look up routes and schedules, I've only been able to find that there is a bus stop directly at the aforementioned intersection but I can't seem to look up the route and times that stop there.
(Was just trying to verify that an 8:25pm text coincided with the bus stop times)

Summit St. & E 18th Ave
Stop ID SUM18TS
Stop Name 1504

Maybe someone else who knows what they're doing can verify this?

www.cota.com

I'm trying to find information for that bus stop, but I'm public transportation- inept and although COTA seems to have a user-friendly website where you can look up routes and schedules, I've only been able to find that there is a bus stop directly at the aforementioned intersection but I can't seem to look up the route and times that stop there.
(Was just trying to verify that an 8:25pm text coincided with the bus stop times)

Summit St. & E 18th Ave
Stop ID SUM18TS
Stop Name 1504

Maybe someone else who knows what they're doing can verify this?

www.cota.com
I went to the above link, then to "Find Bus Stops," entered "1504," then chose the "Summit St. & 18th Ave," and got this list of stop times:

upload_2019-10-10_11-21-26.png

It would be from the Route 4 Indianola Lockbourne to Alum Creek Drive bus, arriving at that stop at 8:18pm. I included the prior stop, and the following stop also. This would all be assuming the bus was running on time, and that the bus schedules in Jan 2018 are the same as they are now. But if the assumptions are correct, the 8:25pm text time would correspond well with the 8:18 scheduled stop.

@TatianaBarbie

Just noticed after reading an article that I made a mistake and assumed that the stop she got off at was Sumitt & 18th since that's the same intersection where the friend lived, but an article posted above listed her at this stop:

. It was January 24, 2018 that LeShay Dungey got off a COTA bus at 11th Avenue and 4th Street near OSU's campus and began walking to a friend's house. For some reason, she never made it.

Can you (or anyone else) check that stops times?

This was a bit more difficult, @MissMalowe as there are two different bus routes routes that have a stop at E 11th Ave and N 4th St (westbound and eastbound stops are marked:

upload_2019-10-11_17-18-23.png

Two different stops are labelled:

Stop ID 7596
Stop ID 1719

The schedules times for stops going eastbound (Stop ID 1719)
upload_2019-10-11_17-28-47.png

The schedules times for stops going westbound (Stop ID 7596)
upload_2019-10-11_17-32-55.png

For each of those stop locations, I included the some stop times before and after, so that you could see the frequency. I hope this helps!

All data retrieved from Trip Planner – COTA

Is it odd to message a friend ahead of time to "unlock the door" (so that you can presumably just walk in?)

vs.

Just knocking on the door?
Or just messaging that you got off the bus so that they can keep an eye out for you if the noise that would be created by knocking or ringing a doorbell was an issue? (Were there roommates sleeping at 8:30pm?)

Not uncommon at all. My friends and I do this all the time.

This was a bit more difficult, @MissMalowe as there are two different bus routes routes that have a stop at E 11th Ave and N 4th St (westbound and eastbound stops are marked:

View attachment 208681

Two different stops are labelled:

Stop ID 7596
Stop ID 1719

The schedules times for stops going eastbound (Stop ID 1719)
View attachment 208682

The schedules times for stops going westbound (Stop ID 7596)
View attachment 208683

For each of those stop locations, I included the some stop times before and after, so that you could see the frequency. I hope this helps!

All data retrieved from Trip Planner – COTA

Thankyou for taking the time & looking that up.... again! Sorry for the wrong stop info the first time

upload_2020-1-10_23-2-44.jpeg

LeShay Dungey has been missing since January 24th, 2018. The 19 year-old was last seen in Columbus, Ohio, after she had taken the #2 COTA Bus to see a male friend who lived near the intersection of Summit and East 18th Avenue. Around 8:25pm that evening, LeShay used Facebook messenger to tell her friend that she had exited the bus and was walking towards his residence. She asked him to unlock his door in preparation for her arrival.

LeShay and her friend continued to message back and forth as she approached his residence. Then, all of a sudden, the messages stopped. LeShay reportedly never arrived at her friend’s house. The last messages that LeShay received that evening were from said friend, asking where she was. LeShay also never returned home and has never been seen or heard from again.
leshaydungey-map.jpg

Map of area LeShay vanished.
Columbus police, family of missing 21-year-old plead for public's help bringing her home

Over a year has passed since LeShay’s disappearance, and there has unfortunately been very little media coverage about her case. Also, there are very few additional details available about her case. LeShay remains missing today. She is described as 5’9”-5’10” and approximately 140 lbs. Anybody with information about LeShay’s whereabouts is asked to contact Detective Brammer of the Columbus OH PD at 614-645-4280.
https://www.truecasefiles.com/2019/08/the-disappearance-of-leshay-

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-10_23-3-8.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-10_23-3-8.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
LeShay Dungey, now 20 years old, was last known to be on the #22 COTA bus on Jan. 24, 2018 going to visit a male friend of hers who lived near the area of Summit Street and East 18th Avenue.

She messaged her friend at 8:25 p.m. that she was walking from the bus and asked him to unlock the door.

Police said she never made it to the home. Dungey is 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighs approximately 120 to 140 pounds.

leshaydungey.jpg
JerseyGirl thank you so very much for posting this. So I live in Columbus. I'm familiar with that area she came up missing from. High crime. I have so many questions. Were dogs brought in to pick up her scent? Any cars circling on camera? Any sexual offenders living in the area(plenty).
There is something going on here. Our city is big....but not that big, We have SEVERAL missing women with no exposure to their cases.

Ashley Norah, Maria Losey, Jamie Bowen, Candice Taylor (her legs were found), LeShay Dungey, Shaniece Briggs,Kimberly Walker, Anna Zirkle, Trinia Williams, Laveda Hardy,Brianna Gant, Martesha Peters,Destiny Allen,Holly Logan,Marianne Redding.....and more.
The unsolved cold cases and murders are ridiculous.

This unidentified female too found in 1998.
BCI-forensic-artistry-FCCO-98-1632.aspx

Any ideas on her?
Physical Characteristics
Hair: Black
Eye: Brown
Estimated Age Range: 19-39 years
Race: African-American/Black
Sex: Female
Height: 63 inches (measured)
Weight: 104 pounds (measured)

Medical/Surgery
A questionable bilateral tubal ligation

Scars/Marks
¼ inch scar, left eyebrow
(2)- ½ inch diameter circular scars, left knee
(2)- 6 inch scars, lower abdomen
1½ inch scar, left front of elbow
1¾ inch scar, inside right upper arm
1½ inch scar, right thigh
½ inch scar, left armpit

Clothing/Accessories
On Body: Black pants (with torn crotch), black shirt, beige and blue vest
Jewelry: Three rings on left hand and two rings on right hand. White metal necklace and white metal ankle bracelet.
Other items: Plastic tube and glass tube in vest, along with cigarette and $5.00 cash.

Law Enforcement: Columbus Police Department
Ohio BCI# 183
NamUs UP # 4747

DNA on file
Dental (postmortem) charting on file
Fingerprints (postmortem) available and entered

I attended OSU in the mid-80's, lived in Columbus between Summit and N. Fourth on E. 15th Ave. If she got off bus at 11th Ave. and Summit, LeShay still had several blocks to walk to 18th Ave. Campus area rape was less of a concern back then and I did some wandering around that area even in the dark, coming home from a friend's but I'm amazed now that I did. Would be easy to abduct someone along the tree lined streets with lots of bushes by houses, not much traffic on Summit that time of night. Why she got off bus at 11th (unless it turned and went back south to downtown) I don't know, as she had 7 more streets to go to the friend's house. Back in my day, south campus was less safe than north (numbered avenues get bigger as one goes north) but it is all unsafe, now, at night I have heard. Lots of old, big houses very close together. I ache that she went alone walking-and for her loved ones who are left to fear and wonder. Leshay's missing three years tomorrow.

July 3, 2021

Sept 30, 2019

• dungey_le-shay5.jpg
  • dungey_le-shay6.jpg
  • dungey_le-shay7.jpg
  • dungey_le-shay8.jpg
  • dungey_le-shay9.jpg
Dungey, circa 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online