Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this earlier this evening, but didn't get a chance to post it. It hasn't been posted to the CourtListener site.

I read through it. I am *no* lawyer, but it seems to me they are taking the language of the prosecutors and stretching it. Their comments about her being Chinese were in regards to why the Feds have an interest in the case and having it it in Federal court -not pertaining to seeking the death penalty. Moreover, the fact that she is Chinese is *not* the sole reason they want jurisdiction. They are also arguing that his car and his phone were used, and as instruments of interstate commerce, this gives them jurisdiction to take the case if they so desire. There is also another kidnapping case in Florida from 2017 that the Feds are prosecuting, and they are seeking the death penalty there as well, so it is not as if the Feds never have interest in taking kidnapping cases, nor do they never seek the death penalty in these cases when they do.

I pray that Shadid does not give too much weight to their arguments on jurisdiction. If this is thrown out of Federal court and goes to Illinois, there goes pretty much any leverage to get him to disclose the location of her remains.

Saw this earlier this evening, but didn't get a chance to post it. It hasn't been posted to the CourtListener site.

I read through it. I am *no* lawyer, but it seems to me they are taking the language of the prosecutors and stretching it. Their comments about her being Chinese were in regards to why the Feds have an interest in the case and having it it in Federal court -not pertaining to seeking the death penalty. Moreover, the fact that she is Chinese is *not* the sole reason they want jurisdiction. They are also arguing that his car and his phone were used, and as instruments of interstate commerce, this gives them jurisdiction to take the case if they so desire. There is also another kidnapping case in Florida from 2017 that the Feds are prosecuting, and they are seeking the death penalty there as well, so it is not as if the Feds never have interest in taking kidnapping cases, nor do they never seek the death penalty in these cases when they do.

I pray that Shadid does not give too much weight to their arguments on jurisdiction. If this is thrown out of Federal court and goes to Illinois, there goes pretty much any leverage to get him to disclose the location of her remains.

SO maddening! you would think that Federal vs. State jurisdiction is the the sort of thing that would’ve been settled/established long ago in this case, not coming up at this late date, along with everything else the defense is throwing up to delay (I would almost say obstruct!).

And not sure if there is any leverage left to get info out of BC. They may have early-on offered to take death penalty off table in exchange for YY’s remains and BC refused to cooperate; perhaps he honestly (mistakenly) thinks he can’t be convicted so long as a body isn’t found.

Webthrush, obstruction is what I see. The longer the Defense carries on in this mode terrifies me that BC is maybe going to get off lightly. Stalling for time, making ridiculous motion requests, well ridiculous in my eyes, is a mockery.

Whilst I understand that the Defense are there for BC. I sometimes wonder if they think he's innocent after reading some of their motions.

All above is me, talking to myself, thinking aloud, JMO.

Webthrush, obstruction is what I see. The longer the Defense carries on in this mode terrifies me that BC is maybe going to get off lightly. Stalling for time, making ridiculous motion requests, well ridiculous in my eyes, is a mockery.

Whilst I understand that the Defense are there for BC. I sometimes wonder if they think he's innocent after reading some of their motions.

All above is me, talking to myself, thinking aloud, JMO.

Totally agree; mockery is a good word for it (even though I know they're doing their job within the American judicial system).
I'm no longer certain though what BC's/defense position will actually be??? -- I mean way back his changed story was that 'oh yeah I did pick up some Chinese girl, but she became flustered and I let her out a couple blocks later' -- is he sticking to that, or can I assume the defense has moved on to some version of 'well yes he did it but there were all kinds of mitigating factors and so he doesn't warrant the death penalty'? Anyone know?

Totally agree; mockery is a good word for it (even though I know they're doing their job within the American judicial system).
I'm no longer certain though what BC's/defense position will actually be??? -- I mean way back his changed story was that 'oh yeah I did pick up some Chinese girl, but she became flustered and I let her out a couple blocks later' -- is he sticking to that, or can I assume the defense has moved on to some version of 'well yes he did it but there were all kinds of mitigating factors and so he doesn't warrant the death penalty'? Anyone know?

From best I can tell, they are still sticking with the “he picked her up but let her out a few blocks away” story. They have offered no alternative theory as to what happened, according to the prosecution.

They aren’t admitting he did it and simply trying to avoid the DP. They are still claiming that it isn’t kidnapping because the Govt. cant prove he forced her into the car. Of course, you don’t have to force them physically for it to be kidnapping. You can also trick them, as the Govt. likely will contend he did, as they claim he told others he got her into the car by claiming to be a police officer who wanted to question her.

Lots of news today: No time at the moment to post lots of links, but BC's motions to dismiss count 1 due to lack of jurisdiction has been DENIED. It stays in federal court.

Also, his motions to suppress evidence from his apartment, and from TEB's recordings, from his statements to the FBI, and statements to the jailhouse informant have also been DENIED.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.202.0_1.pdf

Small correction: The judge has not yet ruled on the motion to suppress evidence provided by the jailhouse informant. He denied the motion BC filed to suppress evidence from BC's jailhouse communications (letters, phone calls, etc.....).

A #cemetery?
I don't recall... but I do remember contemplating a cemetery as a possible location for her body... maybe there is an old cemetery close to his former apartment, an abandoned-type cemetery?
That would indeed be hid-right-out-in-the-open.
the last place anyone would search...
I wonder if first attack does play out as having taken place in a cemetery, whether it can be connected with any of his beliefs or practices, previously unpublished?
It's worth a look.
Just a tidbit of info...It was said in previous thread about when they searched BC apt. His favorite book American Psycho was missing and could contain clues. I recently watched the movie version, very strange but a few things did pop out...a reference to 2 serial killers...1. Ed Gain from Plainfield Wisconsin...only 27 minutes from where BC was from in Stevens point Wisconsin. If you want to read about him check him out on Wikipedia..he dug up freshly buried bodies in cemeteries and used them for a lot of different things. There was talk of how BC strangled a girl in a cemetery. Interesting read. 2. The movie mentions Ted Buddy...very interesting read....poses as firefighters and police and uses a cast to lure in college girls and hits them with a crowbar...same day YY went missing report of someone posing as police officer could be using Buddy’s tactics. One thing I found interesting, Ted Buddy quoted a few sayings...” at 1st he said his killings was a matter of expediency to eliminate the possibility of being caught.” Later it was “ the ultimate possession was in fact the taking of life and then the physical possession of the remains.” He considered himself an amateur in early yrs., but moved into his prime later or predator phase...BC moving up to Akama. Maybe just a coincidence, but could he be hiding the book, because he is copying these serial killer Stories? Just a thought.

Just a tidbit of info...It was said in previous thread about when they searched BC apt. His favorite book American Psycho was missing and could contain clues. I recently watched the movie version, very strange but a few things did pop out...a reference to 2 serial killers...1. Ed Gain from Plainfield Wisconsin...only 27 minutes from where BC was from in Stevens point Wisconsin. If you want to read about him check him out on Wikipedia..he dug up freshly buried bodies in cemeteries and used them for a lot of different things. There was talk of how BC strangled a girl in a cemetery. Interesting read. 2. The movie mentions Ted Buddy...very interesting read....poses as firefighters and police and uses a cast to lure in college girls and hits them with a crowbar...same day YY went missing report of someone posing as police officer could be using Buddy’s tactics. One thing I found interesting, Ted Buddy quoted a few sayings...” at 1st he said his killings was a matter of expediency to eliminate the possibility of being caught.” Later it was “ the ultimate possession was in fact the taking of life and then the physical possession of the remains.” He considered himself an amateur in early yrs., but moved into his prime later or predator phase...BC moving up to Akama. Maybe just a coincidence, but could he be hiding the book, because he is copying these serial killer Stories? Just a thought.
Interesting....
First, for anyone who doesn't know (and may want to google him), the "Ted Buddy" referred to is actually "Ted Bundy" one of the most famous serial killers ever in America. And "Ed Gain" is "Ed Gein" also pretty notorious.
Anyway, I'd be interested to hear anything else the "American Psycho" book may have to say related to disposal of bodies. Large parts of the book are available (for free) via Google Books here (but don't know when I'll find time to look at it though maybe others will, or get from library):
American Psycho

I do think media, books, movies, etc. have a way of planting ideas and modus operandi into criminal minds.

Interesting....
First, for anyone who doesn't know (and may want to google him), the "Ted Buddy" referred to is actually "Ted Bundy" one of the most famous serial killers ever in America. And "Ed Gain" is "Ed Gein" also pretty notorious.
Anyway, I'd be interested to hear anything else the "American Psycho" book may have to say related to disposal of bodies. Large parts of the book are available (for free) via Google Books here (but don't know when I'll find time to look at it though maybe others will, or get from library):
American Psycho

I do think media, books, movies, etc. have a way of planting ideas and modus operandi into criminal minds.
Definitely agree!!! It's just like *advertiser censored*. *advertiser censored* doesn't create rapists and serial killers but rapists and serial killers are attracted to *advertiser censored*. Then *advertiser censored* triggers their obsessions and they become compulsions that they have to act out as soon as possible.

Me thinks the judge had had enough from Defense team JMO.

Great news isn't it, I feel relief now that's over and we're well on the way to seeing justice for YY. My heart feels pain for her poor mother in particular. She was suffering from ill health I believe and must feel as though it's the end of her world losing her beautiful daughter in this manner.

Harking back to American Psycho from upstream, FWIW…

At ~400 pgs. the book is too long for me to read or scan for clues, so I just looked it up on some forums where it was discussed and learned a few paltry tidbits (but anyone who’s actually read it feel free to fill in more details):

1) apparently there’s a lot of debate over whether the novel's central schizophrenic character is s’posed to have really killed a bunch of people or it’s just all a delusion of his imagination (does make me wonder if BC was inhabiting some nether world halfway between reality and delusion!).

2) anyway, there is no solid mention of how the many victims were disposed of, but it is mentioned that one victim was killed with a chainsaw, and another one is noted as being destroyed either in an acid bath or a bathtub of lime.

The idea of an acid bath has been raised here previously and I never took it very seriously, but now knowing it is in this volume, and given BC’s science background and likely knowledge of (perhaps even accessibility to) such, it does give me more cause to wonder. (Also, if I understand it correctly, sounds like most of the book's victims are killed in an apt., not taken elsewhere first).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member