CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why we can't entertain the idea that CM used the service road behind the back fence to load the bodies and have additional access to the house from the back. He had scaled that fence before and had run up the mountain, so he knew the area.

I suggest that he murders the family in a surprise visit, leaves at the 7:47 mark and parks the truck behind the fence. He then knocks out a couple of slats, returns to the house through the back, accesses QB on Joey's computer. loads the bodies, replaces the slats and continues his mission.

I would also pose the question: If CM's truck was in the driveway and the Trooper wasn't in the driveway, where was it? Neighbors say the family always parked in the driveway to the garage.
-----------------------
I should have included this aerial which shows the potential for rear access. Too bad LE never investigated this area, at least as far as we know -- tire tracks etc. Note this is a 2018 Google Earth snip, after new owners.

Attachments

• Avocado Lane Access From Rear1.JPG
    Avocado Lane Access From Rear1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 43
  • Avocado Lane Rear Access 2.JPG
    Avocado Lane Rear Access 2.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
-----------------------
I should have include this aerial which shows the potential for rear access. Too bad LE never investigated this area, at least as far as we know -- tire tracks etc. Note this is a 2018 Google Earth snip, after new owners.

So Chase knew the house so it would make more logical sense to drive up the rear exit and that also gives him less chance of being seen?!

I think the source of the info is the cloud records

So the computer doesn't change that
It hasn’t yet been clarified but I believe that there were two QB accounts an older one on the home computer with no internet access and a new cloud version probably set up by DK. I arrived at this conclusion from what was said durning CM’s conversation with the QB support guy and CM’s request to obtain the cloud data so it could be used on the PC desk top version of QB. I once had a dual QB setup and that’s exactly how I did it.

-----------------------
I should have include this aerial which shows the potential for rear access. Too bad LE never investigated this area, at least as far as we know -- tire tracks etc. Note this is a 2018 Google Earth snip, after new owners.
Are you sure there is road access there? I can't tell if that is road or a pathway near the rear of the neighbor's home.

Except for the fact that they did actually BUILD commercial fountains and bought all of the materials needed and paid welders and vendors and shippers to make and send the finished products.
Most fronts are actually working businesses otherwise they’d quickly be discovered as fronts. In order to verify an audit would be required.

Except for the fact that they did actually BUILD commercial fountains and bought all of the materials needed and paid welders and vendors and shippers to make and send the finished products.

Didn’t they buy some of the fountains from Blueworld, the company GW worked for? In this case, how many welders, materials, and shippers were needed?

Could it be that around that time, which is only a few months ago, he felt like he was going to get away with it with the trial coming closer and was just itching to tell someone?

All that really matters to me about his confession and her statement is what is in there that can be corraborated by the evidence, like the knife. If it is something that was generally known, then I think it can be overlooked, if not, it needs to be taken seriously. IMO

Didn’t they buy some of the fountains from Blueworld, the company GW worked for? In this case, how many welders, materials, and shippers were needed?

Do we know where GW is now? Did she ever post here? IIRC CM was not on the top of GW and PM's list of who did it, I am curious to know what she thinks now. TIA

I've been gone from WS for a long time, but still following this case. The famous "knife," I believe, has been thrown into the mix to confuse! Wasn't there a garden tool mentioned, found in a grave? To imply knife opens up a whole new thought about the family being threatened, but actually may be misleading!

Are you sure there is road access there? I can't tell if that is road or a pathway near the rear of the neighbor's home.

IIRC, I had found mention that there was access to that entire back area from the street that you travel to get to Avocado Vista Lane. It would be the empty lot beyond the turn-in to the cul-de-sac. see image 3. There is also another road coming from the avocado grove that appears to give adjacent access. Formal road or not, it appears as though a truck could likely access the area.

If feasible, it provides some answers for the multiple questions we have about timing, access and privacy to load the bodies.

Attachments

• Avocado Vista Rear Access 3.JPG
    Avocado Vista Rear Access 3.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Avocado Vista Rear Access 4.JPG
    Avocado Vista Rear Access 4.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 18

Chase had a large workshop, a lot of machinery and welding equipment and charged Joey for each job, like the SA one. They may have bought some smaller ones from vendors, but they also did commercial made to order jobs, which were designed and built by Joey and Chase.

Do we know where GW is now? Did she ever post here? IIRC CM was not on the top of GW and PM's list of who did it, I am curious to know what she thinks now. TIA
No, I think In the ‘chasing a killer’ documentary, Patrick said they had always suspected him. They were keeping a close eye on him and he went silent for a period and they didn’t know where he was. I also remember reading that the family had always suspected Chase but were told to keep quiet by LE.

Hi all - I am a noob to the thread but intend to follow the trial.

I read up on the Mcstay case first when the bodies were found.

Wild case, and seriously poor work initially from LE has made things hard for the prosecution.

But as usual, not finding the bodies for so long is a problem.

Very glad to see you here Mr. Jitty, I really enjoyed your posts in the Pistorius case.

No, I think In the ‘chasing a killer’ documentary, Patrick said they had always suspected him. They were keeping a close eye on him and he went silent for a period and they didn’t know where he was. I also remember reading that the family had always suspected Chase but were told to keep quiet by LE.

Thanks, I always thought PM suspected DK more than CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361