TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why assume that if it’s a murder/suicide, NO did it over her boyfriend? FWIW, 9 years after her and an ex divorced, there were restraining order(s) and court activity between the two. Something seems very high conflict about that to me, whether it’s her, the ex, or both of them. Not to mention NO was arrested in 2014 for domestic assault (charged were dropped when the victim didn’t show to court, not because she was necessarily innocent).

Yes, this. A complicated life with some history of legal and domestic issues and drama. And it is hard for anyone to imagine a mom killing her children but unfortunately it happens.

LE sounds like they are being very thorough and hopefully in the near future there will be factual details including toxicology reports and prior events leading up to that day that will shed more light on the why....

Among the possibilities of catalysts for this tragedy, I have wondered if either of the girls had stated the desire to live with their father....not based on anything I've read, just a thought as to why she might have killed her girls, if indeed she did.

Source: The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office has released the causes of death for two of three people found fatally shot at an upscale home in far Northwest Bexar County last week. Nichol Leila Olsen, 37, a hairstylist, died of a gunshot wound to the head. The medical examiner’s office ruled her death a suicide.Olsen’s older daughter, Alexa Montez, 16, also died of a gunshot wound to the head. Her death has been ruled a homicide. (Mysanantonio.com. 15 Jan 2019)

It does happen, although not often....
Mother Allegedly Kills 3 Sons, Shoots Self
Violence: Doctor's wife, a churchgoer and school volunteer, is listed in critical condition.
MOORPARK — The wife of a respected San Fernando Valley physician, described as a doting mother and active churchgoer, apparently shot and killed three of her children, then tried to kill herself with a gunshot to the head, Ventura County sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Her distraught husband, Dr. Xavier Caro, 52, called police after returning to his ridge top home in the upscale Santa Rosa Valley at 11:20 p.m. Monday to find his three school-age sons dead from wounds to the head, authorities said. Their infant brother was unharmed.

Christopher Caro, 5, Michael Caro, 8, and Joseph Caro, 11, had been shot while they slept, investigators said. All of them were students at Santa Rosa Elementary School.

Their mother, Socorro "Cora" Caro, 42, was airlifted to Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, where a surgeon removed bullet fragments from her skull. She remains in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Colorado Mother Gave 2 Young Sons Drugs Before Fatally Shooting Them, Killing Herself: Coroner
POSTED 10:41 AM, DECEMBER 26, 2016, BY

Colorado Mother Gave 2 Young Sons Drugs Before Fatally Shooting Them, Killing Herself: Coroner
The death of a Colorado woman and her two young sons found with gunshot wounds inside a van in a Lone Tree parking lot last month was officially declared a murder-suicide late last week.

The designation was made by Douglas County Coroner Jill Romann, who determined Adam and Ethan Laber died of homicide by gunshot wounds and their mother, Jennifer Laber, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Denver-area television station KMGHreported Friday.

The autopsy for each also confirms that the boys were heavily drugged before their mother killed them, which their father hinted at in a Facebook post Thursday discussing his late wife’s depression.

Autopsy: Maury County mother shot 34 rounds into her children before killing herself

Autopsy: Maury County mother shot 34 rounds into her children before killing herself
December 14th 2018

MAURY COUNTY, Tenn. (WZTV) — FOX 17 News has disturbing new details about a murder-suicide that shocked Maury County two months ago. Documents revealed that the mother shot 34 rounds into her four children before turning the gun on herself.

An autopsy shows the mother had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she killed herself. The report says 17-year-old Kaileigh Lin Collier was shot 13 times in the bathroom, 15-year-old Lia Lin Collier shot nine times in her bed, 14-year-old Meigen Lin Collier shot eight times in her bed, and 14-year-old Bo Li Collier shot four times in his bed.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS CASE WAS A MURDER/SUICIDE. IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE IT TO ME. BUT I CANT DISMISS IT AS A POSSIBILITY...

You can see pictures of NO and CW in the business's instagram page. There are more pics of them in the jeweler's facebook page. I am new to websleuths. Am I only allowed to post media links?
Not sure....long time members???

Can anyone here cite a suicide by a mother who shoots her teenage daughters, then herself -- in the head? If it were a plot in a novel, you couldn't sell me on it.

This case was always so shocking to me...still is :(. And no one saw it coming or wanted to believe she did it.

Mary Ann Holder homicides left scars survivors still feel

......"Before the murders and Holder’s suicide, they knew her as a law-abiding, fun-loving and conscientious mom, always ready to volunteer her time and energy to a good cause. Yet the evidence is indisputable that in the span of a few hours, she took the lives of her sons Dylan and Zack Smith, 17 and 14, respectively; her nephew Ricky Suttles, 17; her niece Hanaleigh Suttles, 8, and her stepniece Makayla Woods, 15.".....

Last edited:
Until law enforcement says the boyfriend is being looked out then we cannot discuss him as far as being a perp.

However, if this is officially a murder/suicide then we will close the discussion BUT, if there is truly compelling evidence to suggest LE is wrong, as in the Rebecca Zahau case, then we will leave it open.

You should know it is very rare for Websleuths to go against law enforcement so it has to be pretty compelling evidence for Websleuths to not follow LE.

Bumping Tricia's post for those who may have missed it.

The rumors from social media and wherever else need to stop now. The next person who posts a rumor is getting thread banned or worse.

The mother didn't use a gun as the murder weapon, but the Hart family murder/suicide last year comes to mind.

Hart Family, Before Driving Off Cliff, Hid Dark Home Life From View

I remember someone on WS posted something in that thread about the psychology of family annihilators which might (or might not) help to explain the unexplainable. I'll try to find it.

It does happen, although not often....
Violence: Doctor's wife, a churchgoer and school volunteer, is listed in critical condition.
MOORPARK — The wife of a respected San Fernando Valley physician, described as a doting mother and active churchgoer, apparently shot and killed three of her children, then tried to kill herself with a gunshot to the head, Ventura County sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Her distraught husband, Dr. Xavier Caro, 52, called police after returning to his ridge top home in the upscale Santa Rosa Valley at 11:20 p.m. Monday to find his three school-age sons dead from wounds to the head, authorities said. Their infant brother was unharmed.

Christopher Caro, 5, Michael Caro, 8, and Joseph Caro, 11, had been shot while they slept, investigators said. All of them were students at Santa Rosa Elementary School.

Their mother, Socorro "Cora" Caro, 42, was airlifted to Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, where a surgeon removed bullet fragments from her skull. She remains in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said.

POSTED 10:41 AM, DECEMBER 26, 2016, BY

The death of a Colorado woman and her two young sons found with gunshot wounds inside a van in a Lone Tree parking lot last month was officially declared a murder-suicide late last week.

The designation was made by Douglas County Coroner Jill Romann, who determined Adam and Ethan Laber died of homicide by gunshot wounds and their mother, Jennifer Laber, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Denver-area television station KMGHreported Friday.

The autopsy for each also confirms that the boys were heavily drugged before their mother killed them, which their father hinted at in a Facebook post Thursday discussing his late wife’s depression.

December 14th 2018

MAURY COUNTY, Tenn. (WZTV) — FOX 17 News has disturbing new details about a murder-suicide that shocked Maury County two months ago. Documents revealed that the mother shot 34 rounds into her four children before turning the gun on herself.

An autopsy shows the mother had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she killed herself. The report says 17-year-old Kaileigh Lin Collier was shot 13 times in the bathroom, 15-year-old Lia Lin Collier shot nine times in her bed, 14-year-old Meigen Lin Collier shot eight times in her bed, and 14-year-old Bo Li Collier shot four times in his bed.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS CASE WAS A MURDER/SUICIDE. IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE IT TO ME. BUT I CANT DISMISS IT AS A POSSIBILITY...

Dante Welton died in his sleep, a victim of a gunshot inflicted by his mother early Wednesday.

The 11-year-old didn’t witness Nicole Welton, 32, point a handgun and pull the trigger and didn’t live to see her take her own life with the same gun inside a Lancaster County motel — and for that, Seth Welton is thankful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wnep.c...on-found-dead-in-apparent-murder-suicide/amp/

In all of these stories of a mother murdering her kids and committing suicide, most families and friends will deny that she EVER would do such a thing. Unfortunately, what families think usually doesn’t trump a conscientious police investigation. But don’t get me started on Rebecca Zahau’s “suicide.”

I would like to know more details about who else may have lived in the house or had access. Nothing has been mentioned by LE, but when I did a “reverse address” search on the address of the murders, a man, 30 yo male relative appears to have lived there at one time, as well as having shared several other addresses in with NO in the past. His current listed address is also in San Antonio so I would think LE would want to talk to him since he might’ve had gate access to the Anaqua Springs neighborhood. 11314 Anaqua Spgs Boerne Tx 78006 public record search

I would like to know more details about who else may have lived in the house or had access. Nothing has been mentioned by LE, but when I did a “reverse address” search on the address of the murders, a man, 30 yo male relative appears to have lived there at one time,

The mother's brother? I'm sure BCSO is talking to close relatives including him. Sheriff indicated they wanted to talk to all "witnesses".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member