Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped quoted post>

The topic of JP being an Incel has caused some tension on Jayme's threads, possibly getting the thread shut down. We asked for a separate thread where we could discuss this. The Mods told us to open a private conversation where up to 20 people could discuss this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear god, jayme rescued, perp in jail and we’re back to the smerkars ...

If there’s a trial, one question to either smerkar and we’re probably looking at 45 minute answer that ends with judge falling asleep......

I am sending them an oversized alarm clock with jumbo numbers.
Haa! Now that made me LOL. We did beat that horse to death didn't we? Hey in our defense, we had nothing man. :p

Not that I know of. I believe LE singled out those vehicles based on security camera footage in the area.
Perhaps the other cars reported as BOLO where justifiable based on security footage. Perhaps also the Taurus was not in hopes that the car would be driven again and maybe eventually spotted by LE, especially if someone local. If the Taurus had been reported and as it was JP's vehicle, he might not have driven it again, He would have been warned, so to speak. . All JMO

Perhaps the first time he attempted his plan, when the cars were in the driveway, was over the weekend of Oct 6-7. That would have been one week before the actual crime.

jmo

Maybe he’s full of crap and found out jaymes in hospital during his non existent stalking and tabled his plans for 5 days...
I would believe evidence and cell phone tracking... not the perp.. who’s a decorated marine and cheese maker..

Perhaps the other cars reported as BOLO where justifiable based on security footage. Perhaps also the Taurus was not in hopes that the car would be driven again and maybe eventually spotted by LE, especially if someone local. If the Taurus had been reported and as it was JP's vehicle, he might not have driven it again, He would have been warned, so to speak. . All JMO
Well, that argument works both ways. What if the Challenger or the black SUV turned out to be the suspect’s car? Wasn’t LE doing the same thing, risking that the suspect wouldn’t drive the vehicle again?

Just listened to the 911 call which was remarkable. Rarely am I able to concentrate on audio/video for longer than a few minutes and I was rapt through the entire call. I didn't want it to end. WOW.
I wish we could have heard the discussions from of all the officers taking that call. I imagine there was at lot of shock and disbelieve at first and then probably a race to be part of the group included in the rescue. Oh to have a scanner that night.

Dear god, jayme rescued, perp in jail and we’re back to the smerkars ...

If there’s a trial, one question to either smerkar and we’re probably looking at 45 minute answer that ends with judge falling asleep......

I am sending them an oversized alarm clock with jumbo numbers.
Yes, I noticed there were some questioning that again and thinking there must be more to the story or that Patterson is lying, but I think it all comes down to a simple mistake. Jmo

Snipped by me...

FWIW, we don't actually know precisely went on during those 88 days. We have very little information. We know he was keeping her under the bed while he was gone and when people were over, but we don't know what he did during the interim. It's possible that he was doing some things that might have eventually laid the ground work for gaining her trust. Stockholm Syndrome doesn't happen overnight, it's usually gained by doling out tiny slivers of trust and controlled freedom at a time. Seemingly "kind" gestures mixed in with really horrible ones.

I don’t know, but I am not getting Stockholm Syndrome with Jayme at all. Not that I fully understood it, but she seems, IMO, to have had an opportunity and took it. She provided facts that helped LE catch him, fwiw and IMO.

Blocked in with Rubbermaid’s and barbells? I’m 61 years old! I would have kicked my way out of that! Duct tape?
I know. I thought that as well. But....If he played loud music at the same time, Jayme might not have known he was really gone, or been unable to tell when and if he had returned. He could have been testing her initially. As I recall, he did tell her this time at least, that he was going out and would be gone for several hours. She finally took a chance and was able to bust out of there.

Blocked in with Rubbermaid’s and barbells? I’m 61 years old! I would have kicked my way out of that! Duct tape?

He may have messed with her, too, making her think that he was gone when he wasn't. She'd have had no way of knowing if he was really out of the house or not. Suppose he told her that he was leaving and then, 30 minutes later, she got out from under the bed and found him standing in the hall with a shotgun pointed at her? Do that a few times and it would definitely make a kid scared to come back out.

@zecats looks like we were writing at the same time! :)

I just got around to reading the transcript, and I am very impressed with the 911 operator. She managed to get the police and EMS to the house quickly, keep the women calm, get all the pertinent information about the accused, and still exude professionalism, warmth and concern throughout the entire call. Good job!

Transcript Of 911 Call Following Jayme Closs’ Escape
That 911 call was pure perfection!! I loved it when Henry jumped in Jaymes's lap. What a perfect scenario to end her anxiety and calm her down. That child is blessed and surrounded by angels!!

Well, that argument works both ways. What if the Challenger or the black SUV turned out to be the suspect’s car? Wasn’t LE doing the same thing, risking that the suspect wouldn’t drive the vehicle again?
Very true. I knew when I posted this theory, I was going round in circles. In any case, none of the cars panned out in helping recover her.

He may have messed with her, too, making her think that he was gone when he wasn't. She'd have had no way of knowing if he was really out of the house or not. Suppose he told her that he was leaving and then, 30 minutes later, she got out from under the bed and found him standing in the hall with a shotgun pointed at her? Do that a few times and it would definitely make a kid scared to come back out.

You are apsolutely right!

I don’t know, but I am not getting Stockholm Syndrome with Jayme at all. Not that I fully understood it, but she seems, IMO, to have had an opportunity and took it. She provided facts that helped LE catch him, fwiw and IMO.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that she had Stockholm Syndrome, the escape itself kind of proves she didn't, I was saying that we don't know that he wasn't laying the groundwork for things to eventually head in that direction. I was replying to the statement of "he did nothing" to make her have SS. We don't know that yet.

Isn't that a jynx? @mtnlites Do we get to make a wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee