Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stockholm cannot be known but by those who've survived it.

When one is drowning, finding the reason to stay afloat is the only thing that matters. It's exhausting and terrifying to face each subsequent moment; the significant thing is to draw strength from what may buoy one up against all which weighs one down into the fury.

From the shore others smugly assume what an eternally unstable reality is like, safe & secure from the rage of the darkness. They cannot comprehend the undercurrents that drag one down at each or any moment. Sensing the depths and direction is the only way out. When your existence depends on another's whims, you'll find yourself doing anything to placate and perform to get to the next breath; and almost all of what is required involves soothing someone incomprehensibly puerile.

At some stage you cease to exist as a Self. Adopting anything necessary to remain seen as extension of Them, is as reaching an awful island. These islands become further apart until all there is left, is the reason, lightness, which & where you hide within yourself.

It takes time to get one's 'land legs' back, to find balance and stability where before, there was only an abyss.

We ought to understand full well what it means to have overcome such impossible odds, and respect the sheer will required to come back.[/QUOTE]

Wow- incredibly well written and descriptive. You could write a book to help others understand this...

There are a lot of people that don't make it through boot camp, very quiet, and unfortunately in his age range, can't seem to hold a job. None of those things, make someone a criminal. If its true he killed animals, that is a red flag.

Thank goodness, he didn't kill Mollie.
Perhaps she was terrified, when she heard the gun shots, and crawled under furniture.

It's an odd form of restraint.

Perhaps, growing up, he was punished in that manner and chose to replay it with JC?

Just an odd thought while catching up tonight.
I think he was just lazy and used whatever he had around. Also he needed a way to determine whether or not she moved or tried to get out while he was gone. I wonder if he was beginning to trust her more the night she escaped and didn't arrange the weights the way he usually did. Imo

I think he was just lazy and used whatever he had around. Also he needed a way to determine whether or not she moved or tried to get out while he was gone. I wonder if he was beginning to trust her more the night she escaped and didn't arrange the weights the way he usually did. Imo

Seems like more work than rope/chain/cuffs/etc., doesn't it?

Then again, not much about this case seems to make sense.

It’s certainly possible that he claimed to have friends over, in an effort to look “cool” or normal.

We have not heard from any of these supposed “friends,” so as of now there’s nothing to prove they do in fact exist.

Knowing what we know about him (antisocial), I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right about this.

It’s just impossible to know what the truth is here, atleast right now.

Great thought.
IIRC, Jayme said he had people over and that during those visits she had to hide.

IIRC, Jayme said he had people over and that during those visits she had to hide.
Yes. But the question is, did she hear these people? Or was she told that he was having people over?

Regardless, if he had people over, these people probably weren’t “friends.”

He doesn’t do friends.

Interesting article. Advice from the mother of Jasmine Block - another Wisconsin kidnap victim who escaped her three captors:

Similarities found in cases of Jasmine Block, Jayme Closs

It reads, in part:
Details don’t matter
Block said so many people have tried to push the details out of her, as well as out of her daughter. Kids have friended her daughter just so they could ask her details of what happened. Block fears Jayme Closs and her family will be subjected to the same sort of questions.

“It becomes intrusive. The fact is, the details aren’t what matter,” she said. “These are little girls and they don’t need everyone knowing the exact details of what happened to them. … But what matters is that they survived. They were brave. They escaped.”

If Block could give any advice to all of those who have been following the Closs story, it would be to not ask questions about the details. They need to focus on healing and not answering all the questions.

“And don’t blame the victim. Don’t put blame of any kind of Jayme. That becomes hurtful,” Block said, adding that she knows that from experience. “Don’t talk bad about the victims because they will start blaming themselves. That has happened to Jasmine
.”

Block reiterated that the best thing for the people in western Wisconsin and elsewhere is to just be supportive. She said although not everyone was supportive in their case, she has high praise for the way area residents responded to what happened here.

RBBM

I worry about this blaming A LOT. Some may try to minimize Jayme's nightmarish experience; some may just meanly accuse her of bringing this on herself.

She's only 13!!! This is so much for her to deal with . . .

Hopefully, those in the community can nip any minimizing, blaming or downright bullying in the bud.

I have been following this from the beginning and read every post in the “missing” threads until we got to Found Alive, too fast to keep up. Anyway, I’ve grown attached to Jayme, her family, the town...I was so upset when I heard about the red car thinking how could this have happened?!!

I’m not going to make excuses for LE, maybe it was a huge mistake, I’m sure some in the department are feeling horrible thinking if only...

I don’t know how the family feels, I would certainly yield to any feelings they have but I got to thinking what if they had noticed the car and there was a shootout and not knowing Jayme was in the trunk they shot her? How horrible would that be? I just have to have faith that it turned out ok because she is alive and there are so many scenarios that could have played out that would have ended with her dead.

I have been following this from the beginning and read every post in the “missing” threads until we got to Found Alive, too fast to keep up. Anyway, I’ve grown attached to Jayme, her family, the town...I was so upset when I heard about the red car thinking how could this have happened?!!

I’m not going to make excuses for LE, maybe it was a huge mistake, I’m sure some in the department are feeling horrible thinking if only...

I don’t know how the family feels, I would certainly yield to any feelings they have but I got to thinking what if they had noticed the car and there was a shootout and not knowing Jayme was in the trunk they shot her? How horrible would that be? I just have to have faith that it turned out ok because she is alive and there are so many scenarios that could have played out that would have ended with her dead.
Yeah. I think it’s likely that we’re questioning this, but the family is not.

I’m sure that they’re just thrilled to have her back. The odds of that were beyond slim.

What’s done is done.

Exactly and we’ll said.

Evinrude, proctorelites was just kidding you about what I'm sure was auto correct. Which has happened to us all.
Gotta love autocorrect. I once typed that my flight was going to arrive at midnight, as I needed to be picked up at the airport. Next I typed, “Sorry to be arriving so late but I have a layover in Phoenix.”

But thanks to autocorrect it “corrected” my text to say, “Sorry to be arriving so late but I have a lover in Phoenix”

And I didn’t notice until after I had sent this autocorrected text........to my daughter :(:eek::oops:

It's an odd form of restraint.
Perhaps, growing up, he was punished in that manner and chose to replay it with JC?
Just an odd thought while catching up tonight.

There was something “familiar” to me about keeping her under the bed.

It just came to me. The case of Colleen Stan. It’s an older case that many WS’ers may not be familiar with (1977-1984) She was kept in a box 23 hours a day under her captors bed for seven years.

I wonder if JP was familiar with that case.

Gotta love autocorrect. I once typed that my flight was going to arrive at midnight, as I needed to be picked up at the airport. Next I typed, “Sorry to be arriving so late but I have a layover in Phoenix.”

But thanks to autocorrect it “corrected” my text to say, “Sorry to be arriving so late but I have a lover in Phoenix”

And I sent this autocorrected text to my daughter :(:eek::oops:
Oh my! Now that made me giggle out loud.

Former friend of Jake Patterson: 'There were no red flags'

Fisher described Patterson as a person with morals who loved his dog Rosie and his parents. He said the 21-year-old suspect was smart and part of the quiz bowl team for Northwood School District in Minong.

Fisher said Patterson didn't want to keep in touch after graduation and had no social media accounts.

Fisher said his classmate seemed "disheartened" by the divorce and the path his brother had taken.

And I sent this autocorrected text to my daughter :(:eek::oops:
That's funny. The best one here was when someone in the Watts thread made a list of all the "farts" in the case, instead of facts.

Patterson applied for job the day before Jayme Closs escape
KARE 11's Lou Raguse has confirmed that Jake Patterson applied online for a job at Saratoga Liquors in Superior the day before Jayme's brave escape and his arrest on murder and kidnapping charges. In his application, Patterson wrote "I'm an honest and hardworking guy. Not much work experience, but I show up to work and I'm a quick learner."

On the application, which a Saratoga co-owner shared with KARE 11, Patterson listed his work history without mentioning the two-day stints he spent at Jennie-O and Saputo Cheese, where he was working when he allegedly spotted Jayme getting on the school bus and decided to kidnap her. Among the work experiences he listed:
  • Quanex Building Products, Rice Lake, Oct '16-Jan '17
  • Marine Corps Boot Camp, San Diego, Apr '17-Dec '17
  • Bohmann Concrete, Hayward, WI, Apr '18-Nov '18
Reporter Raguse tweeted that the work history appears embellished, as the Marines kicked Patterson out after just five weeks of basic training, and authorities say he was not working at the time of the kidnapping, which is in direct conflict to the claim he was working at Bohmann Concrete during that time frame.

KB with Bohmann Concrete also called KARE 11 to confirm that Patterson filled out an application to work at Bohmann, but was never employed there.

In another development, Patterson was moved from the Barron County Jail to the lockup in adjoining Polk County. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed that a relative of Jayme's worked at the Barron County Jail but said the move was an administrative decision, and not based on threats or security concerns. Fitzgerald says Patterson will be moved back to Barron County for upcoming court appearances.

Superior is quite a ways from his house. I wonder why he would apply there? Preparing for a new victim? Depending on where this place is in Superior, the driving on highway 53 often is 15 mph or something low like that and the police are there to hand out parking tickets.

Reading in the Duluth, MN news tribune ( Duluth is right acriss a bridge from Superior, Wi, they had a home invasion where a 70 year old man died and a domestic where a LE was shot and the police dog killed.

Those things are unheard of in Duluth .

That's funny. The best one here was when someone in the Watts thread made a list of all the "farts" in the case, instead of facts.
We’ve all written on here and hit send, only to see it posted and wonder what the heck one was smoking when he was texting.
I’ve had folks humor me with my autocorrect before. One just has to roll with it. Life is short, take a deep breath, smile, giggle and love. Not always easy.

Superior is quite a ways from his house. I wonder why he would apply there? Preparing for a new victim? Depending on where this place is in Superior, the driving on highway 53 often is 15 mph or something low like that and the police are there to hand out parking tickets.

Reading in the Duluth, MN news tribune ( Duluth is right acriss a bridge from Superior, Wi, they had a home invasion where a 70 year old man died and a domestic where a LE was shot and the police dog killed.

Those things are unheard of in Duluth .
Scary thing is, iirc his father lives up near there. Was he thinking he’d crash at dads during the work week and leave Jayme at home? At this point, I’d probably believe that he would do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne