The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton Was Just Stumped by This Question About Queen Elizabeth II | Xfinity

You can call her Chef Kate.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton headed into the great outdoors on Tuesday for a visit to King Henry's Walk Garden in Islington. Donning a casual chic ensemble fit for gardening, including a tweet sports jacket and suede lace-up ankle boots, the mother of three kept cozy and comfortable as she visited with local residents and volunteers for the garden.

The royal also got to work, helping to craft birdhouses with children from St. Jude and St. Paul's CE Primary School. Middleton also joined the young students and rolled out dough for pizza using the outdoor oven and ingredients harvested from the garden, including oregano, marjoram and rosemary. Yum!...

Kate Middleton Was Just Stumped by This Question About Queen Elizabeth II | Xfinity

You can call her Chef Kate.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton headed into the great outdoors on Tuesday for a visit to King Henry's Walk Garden in Islington. Donning a casual chic ensemble fit for gardening, including a tweet sports jacket and suede lace-up ankle boots, the mother of three kept cozy and comfortable as she visited with local residents and volunteers for the garden.

The royal also got to work, helping to craft birdhouses with children from St. Jude and St. Paul's CE Primary School. Middleton also joined the young students and rolled out dough for pizza using the outdoor oven and ingredients harvested from the garden, including oregano, marjoram and rosemary. Yum!...

I hope there will be an answer to the question “Has the Queen ever had pizza?” :D

IIRC, we discussed previously that the Queen does not eat pasta or other starchy foods. I suspect that pizza would be considered a "starchy food".

Meghan Markle Reportedly Can’t Eat This Fave Dish At Buckingham Palace

...Unfortunately, the Royal Family's diet doesn't include pasta or other starchy foods — so Meghan Markle's favorite zucchini bolognese is out. Darren McGrady, former royal-family chef and author of Eating Royally, told RecipePlus that Queen Elizabeth avoids starchy foods like potatoes and pasta, and though she sometimes makes exceptions for special occasions, she has the final say in what's on every menu...

Ooooh!!! I've been shopping for ankle boots so I was interested in checking these out. From your link:

0_The-Duchess-Of-Cambridge-Visits-Islington-Community-Garden.jpg

1_The-Duchess-Of-Cambridge-Visits-Islington-Community-Garden.jpg

Catherine looks gorgeous and effortless in that tweedy British style. I like her boots - that dark chocolate brown suede is so pretty - but they're not the look I'm after. (and I'm not spending that kind of money on ankle boots)

I enjoyed Meghan's red and purple look but IMO she still struggles with her clothes fitting her properly. The upper bodice of the purple dress was all bunched up in several photos I saw.

My due date pick is March 19th for sentimental reasons. I agree she looks further along than to be due in late April. Unless she's having twins!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Have a Heartwarming Moment With Blind Fans | Xfinity

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently had a sweet moment with some blind royal fans.

On Monday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex spent time walking around Hamilton Square in Birkenhead, Merseyside and stopped to chat with some well-wishers along the way. While there, Meghan gave an update on her due date and revealed she was six months pregnant and due at the end of April or early May...

Due date early May? How much bigger is Meghan going to be? :eek:

Last edited:
View attachment 164500 View attachment 164501 View attachment 164502 View attachment 164503

Watch out for muddy paws! Meghan opts for head-to-toe cream on a visit to a London animal charity - as she shows off her legs and blossoming bump in a £24.99 H&M maternity dress (paired with a custom Armani coat and Stella McCartney handbag)

Meghan Markle visits Mayhew Animal Home in London | Daily Mail Online

I don't see HOW she can walk in those heels while pregnant.... :eek:

I don't see HOW she can walk in those heels while pregnant.... :eek:

I've been thinking this through 4 pregnancies now: 3 of Kate's and this one.

I was out of heels by month 4. Of course, I was working as a nurse and wearing flat shoes at work, so maybe the fact that they're used to shifting their center of gravity when standing on an unlevel surface or slope helps them.

Still, I long for the return of styling them in things like Diana's sweet flats when she was pregnant, one time which was also when I was pregnant. She gave me " permission" stylistically to wear flats for comfort. Hers was maybe more of the height thing with Prince Charles, but I didn't worry about her falling, tripping, being tripped, etc. like I do Kate and Meghan.
And I walked, ran, and was super mobile in my Pappagallo and Ferragamo flats.

At six months, my feet and ankles were so swollen that I couldn't wear shoes other than Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals. I had several pair and wore them year round, including the snowy November morning when DD was born.

Last edited:
At six months, my feet and ankles were so swollen that I couldn't wear shoes other than Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals. I had several pair and wore them year round, including the snowy November morning when DD was born.

Ha, I was just about to say that, I had lovely 'fankles' and constantly wore my Gap elasticated flip flops for the final few weeks (also had a November birth)

I chuckled when I read this story earlier. From reading recipes from Royal chefs over the years Her Majesty prefers traditional food so I doubt she has tried pizza.

When we were in London, we found the food quite bland, being used to Southwest Tex-Mex. We felt we were in heaven when we found an Indian restaurant, with "Knock your Knickers off" curry! Hot! They served it with a yogurt drink.

The Queen is missing out.b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member