CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The C.S.P.D. has 980 employess. One of them is named Frazee. 979 are probably not.
Colorado Springs Police Department - Wikipedia
I guess what I was getting at is he might be well respected and have friends and lots of friends....maybe 979 friends. But now I am just arguing and being silly. I am surprised that the court he will be tried in isn’t a local court with only locals on his jury. And if he is tried in a local court, jurors can come from CO Springs, is that right?

JMO
I could see where it may be possible KK knew of someone who owned a plane.

But I am leaning towards her driving to Colorado though.

According to the R's, her BFF tried to convince her not to go there that last time. Im assuming from the R interview that KK may have known what was about to go down. And the crazy thing about that is I cannot imagine driving all those miles to Colorado with the anticipation of what was about to happen.

I would have died of a heart attack from anxiety before I even left my driveway. It takes a special type of coldness to be able to do that and to not forewarn the victim or at a minimum go to LE if someone knew what was about to happen.

My granddaughter is an RN. They work 12 hour shifts in most hospitals. Three days on, four days off. Maybe this was KKs four day off period. It worked out that way for my granddaughter and then she worked Christmas.

IMO, it really depends on the hospital. In my city, there is a wide variety. One PACU nurse friend at a different hospital works four 8 hour shifts. In the ED at the biggest local hospital, nurses work a wide range but four 12s are not 4 days on, 3 days off. The shifts rotate on a track schedule with changing days on/off. (And other nurses in the ED might be part time and work three 8s or even one that just works Monday and Friday evenings in triage). In interventional radiology, nurses work five 8s. Thus, based on my experience and my friend's experiences in my area, I'm not going to make any suppositions about what her shifts were. We'd have to talk to someone actually in pre-op at her hospital, IMO.

IMO, it really depends on the hospital. In my city, there is a wide variety. One PACU nurse friend at a different hospital works four 8 hour shifts. In the ED at the biggest local hospital, nurses work a wide range but four 12s are not 4 days on, 3 days off. The shifts rotate on a track schedule with changing days on/off. (And other nurses in the ED might be part time and work three 8s or even one that just works Monday and Friday evenings in triage). In interventional radiology, nurses work five 8s. Thus, based on my experience and my friend's experiences in my area, I'm not going to make any suppositions about what her shifts were. We'd have to talk to someone actually in pre-op at her hospital, IMO.
IMO, it doesn’t matter because again, IMO, this was preplanned. She knew exactly what would happen and what her part in it would be. And she said yes. Again, JMO. Heck, anyone who would take part in this would quit her job just to please PF. There was always the option of saying NO! And going to LE.

I’m not a nurse, nor do I work for a hospital. But, in my neck of the woods, the hospital surgical units are fully staffed, 24/7. Which is a good thing. It’d be awful to need surgery on Saturday & be forced to wait for Monday to roll around. Vehicular accidents, broken bones, ruptured organs, etc., can’t always be predicted. Jmo

A lot of good questions! First, I think KK got interviewed by the FBI, possibly at work, and surrendered her phone. I suspect that co-workers witnessed it, and called Mrs. R. I don't believe that she has been arrested at this time. I DO believe that whenever a dramatic story starts jumping from state to state, the press goes into a frenzy. They don't seem to be even capable of querying "Really, are you sure?"
Finally. the case is just past the infancy of investigation on this date, and barely pulling itself across the flo0r on it's elbows. It has yet to toddle, and a long ways before it has full legs.
Why would KK's coworkers call Mrs. R? We don't even know that KK has ever met the R's, let alone talked about them to her coworkers. The R's stated they only knew their employee, M, said her friend was solicited. They asked her to have the friend contact them, but the friend (KK) never did. I don't see any reason why KK's hospital coworkers would know to contact the R's. Am I missing a step here, somewhere?

You mean like BFF’s vehicle?

I would have expected a bomshell like that to come out in the R’s “interviews”

I still do. If I’m getting involved in a crime, I’d prefer to “borrow” a vehicle. Especially, if I’m not real sophisticated
In planning and covering up a murder & forget small details. Like cameras on every corner, receipts, talkative friends.

I still do. If I’m getting involved in a crime, I’d prefer to “borrow” a vehicle. Especially, if I’m not real sophisticated
In planning and covering up a murder & forget small details. Like cameras on every corner, receipts, talkative friends.
And she was really a good friend to possibly borrow her bffs car and involve her. How thoughtful. If that is what happened, and all that jazz

1. The 4 - day Thanksgiving weekend would be ideal because neither PF, KB,nor KK would have to answer to associates about missing any work.
Which sends me back to solicitation and murder charges for him, and Conspiracy to commit and Accessory BEFORE and AFTER the fact for her.

Both are going to prison for all the good rodeo-in’ years left for either of them.

I'm only an occasional crime story follower but wonder if you or any of the regulars know of a case where a main player, such as KKL, is not initially arrested (while another party is) but gets arrested/charged down the down the road.

Rama said:
They wanted it to ping in Idaho is my opinion. To show she was headed that way. I don't think they ever thought they would connect him to some nurse in Idaho.
———-

My thoughts exactly. These people are not too bright and had no idea that phone records can be accessed without the phone. Having the phone would be great because there is no doubt DNA of some kind on unless the super murderers (NOT) we’re savvy enough to get rid of every bit — not likely.

And where is KB’s purse?

I guess what I was getting at is he might be well respected and have friends and lots of friends....maybe 979 friends. But now I am just arguing and being silly. I am surprised that the court he will be tried in isn’t a local court with only locals on his jury. And if he is tried in a local court, jurors can come from CO Springs, is that right?
No, The State courts are divided into districts, which are then divided into counties. Teller County District Court and El Paso County District Court are the two entities of the 4th Judicial District. The 2017 population estimate for census preparation was 699,232 for El Paso and the 2010 census for Teller was 23,350. They share judges and clerks, state prosecutors and state public defenders. The judges and clerks rotate to Teller County on a set schedule. Because everything is the same, private attorneys who live and practice in the Springs will also practice in Teller County. The jurors for each county are drawn from that county only, and must attest to in-county residency when they report for jury duty. Supreme Court decisions dictate that the jury draw must be truly random, so eventual jury drawn should reasonably replicate the population of the county.

No, The State courts are divided into districts, which are then divided into counties. Teller County District Court and El Paso County District Court are the two entities of the 4th Judicial District. The 2017 population estimate for census preparation was 699,232 for El Paso and the 2010 census for Teller was 23,350. They share judges and clerks, state prosecutors and state public defenders. The judges and clerks rotate to Teller County on a set schedule. Because everything is the same, private attorneys who live and practice in the Springs will also practice in Teller County. The jurors for each county are drawn from that county only, and must attest to in-county residency when they report for jury duty. Supreme Court decisions dictate that the jury draw must be truly random, so eventual jury drawn should reasonably replicate the population of the county.
I predict that there will be a change of venue. MOO

Why would KK's coworkers call Mrs. R? We don't even know that KK has ever met the R's, let alone talked about them to her coworkers. The R's stated they only knew their employee, M, said her friend was solicited. They asked her to have the friend contact them, but the friend (KK) never did. I don't see any reason why KK's hospital coworkers would know to contact the R's. Am I missing a step here, somewhere?

Better yet, what prompted the discussion between M and the Rs in the first place? My boss, even if he IS a lawyer, is not who I would have talked to first. It would have been my girlfriends.

JMO
I could see where it may be possible KK knew of someone who owned a plane.

But I am leaning towards her driving to Colorado though.

According to the R's, her BFF tried to convince her not to go there that last time. Im assuming from the R interview that KK may have known what was about to go down. And the crazy thing about that is I cannot imagine driving all those miles to Colorado with the anticipation of what was about to happen.

I would have died of a heart attack from anxiety before I even left my driveway. It takes a special type of coldness to be able to do that and to not forewarn the victim or at a minimum go to LE if someone knew what was about to happen.

She should’ve went straight to the police to tip them off about PFs ideas.
I can see thinking he’s just blowing off steam & full of crap, so not going to cops at that point. At the very least, she should’ve ran to LE the second she knew KB was missing. jmo

I’m really glad to hear this. That means they will have a good jury to hear all the evidence. Well unless they are bussed in from Pinellas County FL. Sarcasm intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newworldroofing