Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
To respond to paramedic help, given the situation paramedics would not have been brought in until the scene was cleared, it's too dangerous. The last thing they need is a shootout with a an ambulance and paramedics on scene. So they instead get the child out, to a hospital where she can be properly triaged and safely taken care of, get any potential hostages away and find the criminal.

I'm not at all impressed. She was slow as hell. It took 30 minutes to get them there. That is not quickly. She asked all the typical dumb questions that 911 operators ask today.

I'm more impressed with the caller who was a social worker and was coordinating what help was needed. The operator made her justify why medical help was needed. The social worker pointed out that she should be treated for shock and hypothermia . The 911 operator still blew her off and didn't send that help. That is just bad training. At very least paramedics should be sent to check out a victim of a violent crime. That is just common knowledge.

When I heard this 911 call I was confused as to why the operator asked if JC was "running". No one has brought it up, but yet I'm still confused by why she would ask such a question. .

There were patches of ice reported on the route. Also, possibly small towns they had to slow down through.

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

In the last thread there were detailed discussions including where the deputies were when responding to the 911 call in Douglas - they were not close and comments that show no knowledge of this information I’m just scrolling by - I feel certain all of those involved in keeping Jayme safe after she broke free are amazing IMO

To respond to paramedic help, given the situation paramedics would not have been brought in until the scene was cleared, it's too dangerous. The last thing they need is a shootout with a an ambulance and paramedics on scene. So they instead get the child out, to a hospital where she can be properly triaged and safely taken care of, get any potential hostages away and find the criminal.

I don't believe she was ever taken to the hospital. She was taken by police car to the police station, even after medical help was requested for her.

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

No one is ever trained to drive on ice. You might be trained on how to respond to ice, and drive on snow, but ice is not something you learn to drive on.

Somebody can't do basic math. 28 miles in 25 minutes is 67 mph, not over 100 mph. Basically they respond at normal highway speed. They didn't seem to be in any hurry.

Does it really make any sense to you that LE didn't get there as fast as they possibly could? And, they weren't driving on highways to get there, and had decisions they had to make en route about getting to Jayme AND getting to the killer perp's house before he had a chance to elude them again.

Did we ever learn why it took 20 mins for LE to get to the house Jayme was taken to when she escaped? Is it just that remote or far for LE? Compared to Baron when that night didn’t LE get to the Closs house very quickly?
Check out the last thread one WS poster pointed out the location and miles away of the responding officers / this is a rural area

I don't believe she was ever taken to the hospital. She was taken by police car to the police station, even after medical help was requested for her.

She was eventually taken to the hospital where she spent one night.

Sheriff says "Jayme is the hero in this case," updates investigation

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says 13-year-old Jayme was released from the hospital where she was kept overnight for observation and was reunited with her relatives Friday afternoon.

This has probably been discussed but I can't keep up. The fact that JP appeared to have no plan to keep Jayme, ie prepped room or similar, is incredibly odd. And he knew people would be coming to visit, such as his father.

It seems that he may have never planned on keeping her beyond a day, days, weeks; which is horrifying to think about.

He also said he would shoot at LE if he was stopped. This is pretty close to suicidal. No long term plan there either. Could the most important part of his "fantasy" be to kill people in cold blood? Like a video game.

And I wonder if Jayme somehow switched something in JP that made him unable to take further action. Executing people he never met before would be easier than killing a child that you were with for 88 days. This theory assumes that he had a shred of humanity, which might be a reach.

She absolutely was taken to the hospital where she spent the night before being reunited with her family the following day.

"Jayme Closs has been reunited with her aunt, Jennifer Naiberg Smith, today at the hospital, according to Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald."

Jayme Closs reunited at hospital with aunt

No amount of training can keep anyone's car from flying off ice. No! 4 WD also does not allow one to drive on ice. Look, I've been driving on ice all week. This is just a nonsense statement.

Nobody is actually able to 'drive' on ice. If you are able to, then great for you.

These Wisconsin police had other things on their mind, such as what to expect when they got to the destination. Everything happens on a scale of seconds, not minutes or hours.

Father of Jayme Closs' Alleged Kidnapper Apologizes to Her Family in Letter
The father of the man accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs apologized to her family after his son appeared in court via video conference Monday.

PP, the father of 21-year-old suspect Jake Patterson, sent a handwritten note to Jayme's family expressing sorrow and shame at the murder of her parents and her kidnapping.

"He wanted my family to know that he was sorry and he was crying," Jayme's cousin JA told Inside Edition.

Arnold added that she knows the Patterson family is coping with their own grief. In court Monday, Patrick wept openly and left walking hand-in-hand with his other son, Erik Patterson.

"I feel sorry for them," she said. "My heart goes out to them because when these things happen, families don't always know. I don't hold any hard feelings against them. I know they're having their own kind of struggle."

What I don't get is why if police saw his car leaving on the way to the house, why the description of the car wasn't released to the public. How do you not figure out that could have been a killer or at the very least a witness?
Fitzgerald does not have a good answer, IMO. I’m guessing that once they obtained statements from JP and JC, they had an UH-OH! moment. Suddenly, they realized they had in their possession that night a fairly detailed description of the Taurus — and did nothing with it. Just admit it, would be my advice. Everyone makes mistakes. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288