Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that's true but it is also a fact that many serial killers begin with killing or mutilating small animals as children. So in my opinion, it's not a very good sign.

Agree. I think maybe the key difference is children who actually kill and enjoy killing an animal vs. those that show some interest in already deceased animals.

Ughhh.... thanks... so the whole 5 ft in the house was never even close to fact ... just Fitzgerald misdirection ???
I'm not sure. I don't know how far the bathroom was from the door. Maybe the murders occurred within 5 or 6 feet from the entrance. But it did say he quickly went through the house to make sure no-one was there, then went back to the closed door, which was where they were hiding. Imo

RBBM

This is so typically you! Not just well educated, but the added bonus of a high emotional intelligence. I often admire your thoughtful posts.

I was the victim of robbery, sexual assault, false imprisonment, etc. in my own home, in the middle of the night. By a stranger who broke in. I wasn't a child, though. And I didn't witness my parents murders...

I had/have wonderful family support, years of counseling, a conviction of the "bad man."

But you hit the nail on the head - when you seem to be re overing well, you get all kinds of positive comments and admiration. It can feel like a let-down to your loved ones if your not "doing great".

It's too much to type from my phone....but wanted to saya kind note from you may be more important to her than you ever know.

Hugs! Go, girl!

I agree with you. She is an amazingly intelligent and kind source of info and fellow poster, and I'm glad her post has helped you.
I wanted to say that for each of us, especially Jayme, who is a survivor of a violent attack, every new day is a new hope to heal more and grow in our own unique ways.
What we sometimes may think is depression or a " down day" may be a day when we were actually able to face more of our deep feelings which get pushed down. So it turned out to be a stronger day, although it might have hurt more. No one else knows what a survivor of violence and abuse feels except that person for their own situation. So, if someone says a recovering person should smile more, they are being judgmental and cruel. The memories never go away, though they fade to " bearable" levels. I know Jayme's will as well with time and help.

I hope every one of us can lay our heads down on our pillows at night and sleep without fear, worry, or nightmares from past traumas.
This is the thing I have the most trouble with, and the thing I ask the angels for help with at bedtime. My husband bought me a Swarovski crystal angel which rotates on a softly lit pedestal. It provides a bit of light in the otherwise darkened room, and the soft colors and light with the movement are very soothing to see.

I hope Jayme gets her touchstone type of thing similar to the crystal angel which comforts her at night and helps her sleep well, and I hope the same for anyone else who might have memories of a traumatic night or nights and days.
Hugs!

I don’t know what to make of PP... he’s not very observant or JP just runs over him...

How do u visit your home 6/7 times and hear music in basement you’ve never heard playing before and not tell your son lemme see downstairs...

Kinda wonder if his dads Saturday visits didn’t factor into his Sunday nite choice ..did his dad stay nite or just go over for lunch ??

Maybe he just came by to check things out, and make sure JP wasnt destroying the place. Also, if JP usually displays weird behavior; PP may have thought nothing of the music.

I'm not sure. I don't know how far the bathroom was from the door. Maybe the murders occurred within 5 or 6 feet from the entrance. But it did say he quickly went through the house to make sure no-one was there, then went back to the closed door, which was where they were hiding. Imo
I keep wondering how the crime would have played out if Jayme had hid under a bed and it appeared no one else was in the home. He probably never even considered it.

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

They allegedly were driving 100 mph (maybe not all of them, maybe not the entire time), though I would guess they averaged 60 moh ... on rural roads, not all highways, in icy conditions, and bad roads. from the time the call came in to them arriving took 30 minutes. Five deputies responded.

Douglas Co. Officials Explain Why Jayme Closs Response Took So Long
Douglas Co. Officials Explain Why Jayme Closs Response Took So Long

4:10 Thursday night: Jeanne Nutter encounters Jayme Closs and takes her to a neighbor's home in Gordon, WI

4:11 p.m. 911 call made

4:15 : They tell dispatcher they are afraid "he" will come back

4:25 p.m., Barron County Sheriff makes a FB post that Closs has not been found (in response to Walworth County rumors).

4:43 p.m., Douglas County deputies arrived at the Kasinskas home.

4:54 p.m. Patterson arrested
Why it took so long:

the first three responding deputies were working patrol at the time and available for calls.

The first time stamp from their AVL log was at 4:16 p.m.

One deputy was coming from County Hwy E in the Hawthorne Wisconsin area, 28 miles from the Kasinkas home. The responding time took 25 minutes

Another deputy responded near lake Minnesuing on County Highway P, 29 miles away. His response time also 25 minutes.

The third responding deputy was 45 miles away in Superior. His response time was 29 minutes.

Two other deputies not working patrol assisted, one arriving on scene at 4:42 p.m. and the other at 4:53 p.m.

All were traveling over 100 miles per hour.

road conditions at the time also played a factor.

Totally agree, we aren't talking about the same thing. Just pointing out that some type of early in life interest in dead animals can lead to respectable careers such as taxidermy, art, etc. It shouldn't just be assumed that the childhood interest means your child is a whackola murderer in the making.
Yes, your point was very clear in your initial post to me. I never would have thought your friend was a psychopath in the making in the first place, though. :cool:.
I do not paint with that broad a brush.

Agree. I think maybe the key difference is children who actually kill and enjoy killing an animal vs. those that show some interest in already deceased animals.
Sometimes they start with animals that they find already dead before they work their way up to killing them. It's not uncommon, especially if they are really young. It can start with just a fascination and curiousity. Sometimes that's when they discover they have an interest and then make the decision to kill their own. Eventually it becomes an urge that they find hard to resist. Yet they know it's not quite right so they do it in secret. It's very disturbing. Imo

BBM. I wonder if he might have forgotten to turn on the radio when he left that day? Jayme said he turned on the radio in his room whenever he had people over so she couldn't hear much of what was going on in the rest of the house. I wonder if he also turned on the radio whenever he left the house but told her he was having "friends" over during those times he had to be gone. He also could make it seem like people were in the house by turning on a tv downstairs. I wonder if he never actually had any friends over at all? MOO.
It’s funny you say that. I still can’t wrap my head around him actually telling her that he was leaving and how long he would be gone. And just the method he used to keep her “locked up”. Although she is only 13 and it took an amazing amount of courage for her to save herself, it was luckily (and thankfully) easy enough to push the bins and walk out the door. I feel like he wanted her to escape? But that doesn’t make sense either. But, whatever...she is one amazing girl!!!!

BBM. I wonder if he might have forgotten to turn on the radio when he left that day? Jayme said he turned on the radio in his room whenever he had people over so she couldn't hear much of what was going on in the rest of the house. I wonder if he also turned on the radio whenever he left the house but told her he was having "friends" over during those times he had to be gone. He also could make it seem like people were in the house by turning on a tv downstairs. I wonder if he never actually had any friends over at all? MOO.
Didn't he tell her that he was gonna be gone about 4-6 hours that day she escaped ?

I keep wondering how the crime would have played out if Jayme had hid under a bed and it appeared no one else was in the home. He probably never even considered it.
I believe his statement includes mention of seeing Jayme at the picture window before entering the house. Also her statement of looking out the window and seeing a car approaching up the driveway matches that. I don't think she could have hidden anywhere he wouldn't have found her...sadly. He knew she was there.

Maybe he just came by to check things out, and make sure JP wasnt destroying the place. Also, if JP usually displays weird behavior; PP may have thought nothing of the music.
Also I think Jayme said he played the music in his room, which probably wasn't in the basement. At that age it's not unusual to have music on in your room even if you are not in there. At least not to me.

This criminal surprises me, why didn't he keep Jayme locked down with plastic ties, chains, padlocks?

1. He thought she was too scared to disobey him.
2. He had a fantasy that she really would want to stay with him.

It is fortunate that he didn't do this, almost as if the fantasy of having his "prize" was more work than he expected. Maybe, he did want her to leave? Or test her obedience to discipline her?

Who knows? Sick psychopath.

I know it’s stretch, but I’d hope he donates brain to science see if theres any CTE or damage from wrestling.... that’s a high concussion activity and u can easily brake internal structures and if enough tau proteins spread it can cause havoc..that doesn’t fix itself... I know it’s long shot...and probably not related...but those with severe CTE are really walking with damaged software...

I agree with you. She is an amazingly intelligent and kind source of info and fellow poster, and I'm glad her post has helped you.
I wanted to say that for each of us, especially Jayme, who is a survivor of a violent attack, every new day is a new hope to heal more and grow in our own unique ways.
What we sometimes may think is depression or a " down day" may be a day when we were actually able to face more of our deep feelings which get pushed down. So it turned out to be a stronger day, although it might have hurt more. No one else knows what a survivor of violence and abuse feels except that person for their own situation. So, if someone says a recovering person should smile more, they are being judgmental and cruel. The memories never go away, though they fade to " bearable" levels. I know Jayme's will as well with time and help.

I hope every one of us can lay our heads down on our pillows at night and sleep without fear, worry, or nightmares from past traumas.
This is the thing I have the most trouble with, and the thing I ask the angels for help with at bedtime. My husband bought me a Swarovski crystal angel which rotates on a softly lit pedestal. It provides a bit of light in the otherwise darkened room, and the soft colors and light with the movement are very soothing to see.

I hope Jayme gets her touchstone type of thing similar to the crystal angel which comforts her at night and helps her sleep well, and I hope the same for anyone else who might have memories of a traumatic night or nights and days.
Hugs!

So many, many truths in your post! I'm still on my phone (hard to type), but you are right...every day is a new opportunity for continued healing. And I could not agree more fervently that the down days are just the days one is coping/processing more than another day. I think that is very true.

Peace. Finding peace after violence....it's more important than almost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla