TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

If I had a nickel for every time someone committed suicide or murder and their loved ones swore up and down they would never do such a thing and that there were no signs whatsoever. That it’s against the person in questions character. Peruse around this site a bit and you may be surprised. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had a nickel for every time someone committed suicide or murder and their loved ones swore up and down they would never do such a thing and that there were no signs whatsoever. That it’s against the person in questions character. Peruse around this site a bit and you may be surprised.
Fair enough, but I'll play devil's advocate and ask this: would someone who's planning to take their own life schedule two appointments with clients for the morning she died? How about committing to watching over her brother's children that upcoming wekeend? Or taking her 10-year old daughter to audition for America's Got Talent on Friday (the day after she was murdered)? I acknowledge that families/friends of loved ones they've lost to suicide may very well be in denial. I get that. With the amount of red flags involved, the public shouldn't be credulous.

I would like to know more details about who else may have lived in the house or had access. Nothing has been mentioned by LE, but when I did a “reverse address” search on the address of the murders, a man, 30 yo male relative appears to have lived there at one time, as well as having shared several other addresses in with NO in the past. His current listed address is also in San Antonio so I would think LE would want to talk to him since he might’ve had gate access to the Anaqua Springs neighborhood. 11314 Anaqua Spgs Boerne Tx 78006 public record search
Good stuff you've brought to the table. Who's LE? (I'm new and just catching up)

Fair enough, but I'll play devil's advocate and ask this: would someone who's planning to take their own life schedule two appointments with clients for the morning she died? How about committing to watching over her brother's children that upcoming wekeend? Or taking her 10-year old daughter to audition for America's Got Talent on Friday (the day after she was murdered)? I acknowledge that families/friends of loved ones they've lost to suicide may very well be in denial. I get that. With the amount of red flags involved, the public shouldn't be credulous.
I hope the people with all this information give it to LE so it can be investigated thoroughly. Have the feds been called in to investigate the corruption you're talking about?

Sometimes it isn't "planned".

Perhaps this was a crime of passion on her end and unplanned. I posted a great in depth study upthread about women and suicide which may interest you.

I agree the public shouldn’t be too quick to believe things. There are red flags dating back 20something years. JMO

Sometimes it isn't "planned".

Yes this is very true. Suicide is often times an impulsive decision. There may be no warning signs.

"Every suicide, like every person, is different. Many are sparked by intense feelings of anger, despair, hopelessness, or panic. Things that can put an individual at a higher risk for suicide in the short term include:
  • an episode of depression, psychosis, or anxiety
  • a significant loss, such as the death of a partner or the loss of a job
  • a personal crisis or life stress, especially one that increases a sense of isolation or leads to a loss of self-esteem, such as a breakup or divorce
  • loss of social support, for example, because of a move or when a close friend relocates
  • an illness or medication that triggers a change in mood
  • exposure to the suicidal behaviors of others, such as friends, peers, or celebrities"

The above quote is from Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog

Are we allowed to discuss Nicole's only surviving child, her son? <modsnip>

Thanks for asking. No, family are off limits unless they are officially named as a POI or suspect. You may discuss what is said by them or about them in MSM articles about the case, but cannot sleuth them or discuss your findings here.

Friends keeping pressure on investigators in triple shooting

Sherif Salazar from Bexar County has repeatedly said that although the ME ruled it a suidcide, they’re still going to do their own separate investigation. Not sure if the feds have been called in to investigate - there’s been little to no updates since the event.

I’m merely speculating here. Taking in account there’s been historical cases of misconduct within the ME/coroner field. So since we haven’t heard of an alibi, or literally one word from CW (has been silent/absent from the public eye), it’s hard not to overthink the only thing we know about him, which is his family’s affluence.

Sherif Salazar from Bexar County has repeatedly said that although the ME ruled it a suidcide, they’re still going to do their own separate investigation. Not sure if the feds have been called in to investigate - there’s been little to no updates since the event.

I’m merely speculating here. Taking in account there’s been historical cases of misconduct within the ME/coroner field. So since we haven’t heard of an alibi, or literally one word from CW (has been silent/absent from the public eye), it’s hard not to overthink the only thing we know about him, which is his family’s affluence.
“Historical cases of misconduct within the ME/coroner field” . Are you talking in general or in San Antonio?
Unless a suspect is named and evidence is provided, I see this as a murder/suicide. With 2 children involved, I especially don’t see LE or the ME or anyone else, tampering with evidence or lying on ME reports. IMO

I hope the people with all this information give it to LE so it can be investigated thoroughly. Have the feds been called in to investigate the corruption you're talking about?

I’m merely speculating here. Taking in account there’s been historical cases of misconduct within the ME/coroner field. So since we haven’t heard of an alibi, or literally one word from CW (has been silent/absent from the public eye), it’s hard not to overthink the only thing we know about him, which is his family’s affluence

Aren't there any other alternatives to mom's murder - suicide and BF as instigator/aggressor?

Vigil for Nichol and daughters 10 and 16 was held tonight. So very sad.

This case has fascinated me. I am new here. <modsnipped>
Something is really off.

<modsnipped- the only facebooks allowed to be discussed are the following: of the victim, a named suspect by law enforcement, mainstream media, and law enforcement.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I allowed to post a link as to what they are saying on social media from their own public account?
Welcome to Websleuths!

Short answer: No.

Other than the victim‘s social media, or a suspect‘s SM (there is no suspect, as much as some people would like there to be one), only mainstream media links are allowed. See post from @sillybilly above.

would someone who's planning to take their own life schedule two appointments with clients for the morning she died?

You mean after she strangely cancelled all her appointments for that week just the day before? BBM.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.
Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide

You mean after she strangely cancelled all her appointments for that week just the day before? BBM.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.
Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide

To'ing and fro'ing is not uncommon with someone who is potentially considering suicide. I'm not saying this is the case with Nichol, but I have seen it with clients before where they would 'tidy' up their lives in readiness, then change their mind and go back to normal, then the suicidal thoughts would return. I have zero idea what has happened with Nichol and her daughters, but just putting this out there as a possibility.

Yup. Leanne Bearden had an interview scheduled and a move home to Colorado planned. It's very common on this site for a missing person to be found and determined to be a suicide, and relatives to say "but X made all these plans!" Having made plans isn't necessarily an indication of what's going on inside someone's head. People often do things that seem to contradict an intentional suicide. I don't remember the name, but one case on here the man stopped to fill his gas tank before committing suicide a short distance away.

Last edited:
Yes this is very true. Suicide is often times an impulsive decision. There may be no warning signs.

"Every suicide, like every person, is different. Many are sparked by intense feelings of anger, despair, hopelessness, or panic. Things that can put an individual at a higher risk for suicide in the short term include:
  • an episode of depression, psychosis, or anxiety
  • a significant loss, such as the death of a partner or the loss of a job
  • a personal crisis or life stress, especially one that increases a sense of isolation or leads to a loss of self-esteem, such as a breakup or divorce
  • loss of social support, for example, because of a move or when a close friend relocates
  • an illness or medication that triggers a change in mood
  • exposure to the suicidal behaviors of others, such as friends, peers, or celebrities"

The above quote is from Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog
Good list .

It's also common for people to be in a good mood, even cheerful, in the hours and days before. Apparently, having finally "made the decision" there is a sense of relief that makes a depressed person seem much happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23