CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They found Lori Hacking in the landfill in Salt Lake City because Mark confessed and told her which dumpster he put her in. The landfill had records of which truck dumped where in the landfill. It was still a slow process.
Yup. Michael Blagg, also from Colorado, murdered his wife and daughter and put them in a dumpster.

They were ultimately able to recover his wife’s body from the dump, but not that of his 6-year-old.

Dismemberment is not a favorite topic of mine, but I have to say that I would be shocked if that was the case here. You would do this for a reason, such as it is the only way to remove a body from a location, such as an apartment building. And it leaves a lot of forensic evidence although a perp might not realize this. And then you have bags to remove from a location, multiple trips to dispose, and an increased risk of exposure.

If KB was murdered in her condo as LE has stated, it is pretty easy to use a blanket and quickly place the body in the back of a pickup truck, after dark.

I do go back to the barn at PF's ranchette though, that is a place where he could work for hours and not be seen. But I just don't see the need; with the wilderness staring PF in the face.

However, seeing that the landfill is being searched, means I will be probably be wrong.

IMO it’s from either tracking his vehicle in the time before she was reported missing or from interviews about his whereabouts after Thanksgiving. I personally don’t think KK is talking and/or knows where KB is. MOO
I respectfully disagree with the first part; I think KK is singing like a canary. If she wants to minimize the amount of time she is likely going to serve, she'll talk. If the Rs tale is correct, she's already told her BFF. As to knowing where KB is, I sure hope you are right about that.

We don’t know for sure they’re looking for her body there, but I think it’s very likely.

It certainly wouldn’t be the first time someone has disposed of a body that way, and this would jibe with my dismemberment speculation.

I posed that theory as an explanation for why law enforcement apparently missed forensic evidence on their initial searches.

Gross, but it’s commonly performed in a bathtub.

Honestly! Why does the bad guy go to the landfill, thinking their victim will never be found! I dont know how they are out West, but here, the truck routes are matched to addresses and the landfill is set up in a grid. It's a crappy job for the techs, but it's possible to go to the exact area where garbage was dumped.

True.
My hope is that baby K was down for a nap given the time of day, after returning from the Safeway. I guess for me, this crime is just so horrible and senseless (as so many others are) I'd like to believe things can't be even more horrible by adding these other atrocities to the mix. Black heart and poison running through their veins.

Wish we knew how long P’s truck was at the condo. We know KB was at SafEWay around noon, her neighbor said a second red truck was at KB’s 12:30 to 1:00.
Of course, we know nothing LE has uncovered during interviews & investigative procedures.

Forgive me if this has been posted but I can't keep up with this thread!

The search for evidence in the case of a missing Colorado mother authorities say was murdered by her fiancé now includes a landfill in Fountain Colorado, ABC News has learned.

“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,” Waste Management spokeswoman Anne Spitza told ABC News on Wednesday.

The Midway landfill is a roughly 40-mile drive from Woodland Park, where Berreth was last publicly seen shopping on Thanksgiving Day. Police say Frazee was the last person to see Berreth before she vanished.

Search for missing Colorado mom expands to landfill

Just saw this...could what he have disposed of at the dump led them here to a larger facility? Anyone know if this is where things are transferred from where he did his dump run?
The landfills I've used in Colorado were plowed over/compacted and more added ontop. I recently heard of someone mention a "transfer station" , I am not aware of them in Colorado except to transport it to the dump.

Dismemberment is not a favorite topic of mine, but I have to say that I would be shocked if that was the case here. You would do this for a reason, such as it is the only way to remove a body from a location, such as an apartment building. And it leaves a lot of forensic evidence although a perp might not realize this. And then you have bags to remove from a location, multiple trips to dispose, and an increased risk of exposure.

If KB was murdered in her condo as LE has stated, it is pretty easy to use a blanket and quickly place the body in the back of a pickup truck, after dark.

I do go back to the barn at PF's ranchette though, that is a place where he could work for hours and not be seen. But I just don't see the need; with the wilderness staring PF in the face.

However, seeing that the landfill is being searched, means I will be probably be wrong.
In the cases I've followed, perps use rugs, tarps, or blankets. (Remember the "Mommy broke the table, Mommy's in the rug" case?) And they usually get rid of the body quickly. So Occam says intact.

BTW, the same tweet where I saw that about the landfill also said another residential property was searched but I couldn't find a link on it.

It was twitter where I learned KKL's name before it became publicly known.

The search for evidence in the case of a missing Colorado mother authorities say was murdered by her fiancé now includes a landfill in Fountain Colorado, ABC News has learned.

“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,” Waste Management spokeswoman Anne Spitza told ABC News on Wednesday.

The Midway landfill is a roughly 40-mile drive from Woodland Park, where Berreth was last publicly seen shopping on Thanksgiving Day. Police say Frazee was the last person to see Berreth before she vanished.

Evidence doesn’t necessarily mean a body, imo.

Ha! Dismemberment isn’t a favorite topic of mine either.

It’s not a place I usually go, because on the whole, it is incredibly rare.

The reason I went there in this case, was in an effort to explain the way the search at her house went.

This case really changed following that final search, when law enforcement declared that Kelsey was dead, and died in that home.

I couldn’t imagine them missing blood evidence on the walls, but I could see them possibly missing evidence in the bathtub, especially the drain.

Its still a bit of a stretch, but I think it is even more likely considering these new developments.

I wonder why they didn't do this after the dump run.

I respectfully disagree with the first part; I think KK is singing like a canary. If she wants to minimize the amount of time she is likely going to serve, she'll talk. If the Rs tale is correct, she's already told her BFF. As to knowing where KB is, I sure hope you are right about that.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

That’s my hunch too.

You might be right. We really don’t know enough about KK to really say how involved she was. I also think it’s possible she went to LE before the Rs did. I just don’t know if she was involved with disposing of KB and if she wasn’t, I’m not sure if PF would have told her.

On a side note, could they also be looking for other things like her purse or murder weapon?

Oh my, just seeing the breaking news about the landfill search :(... If they were just going on a hunch based on his reported whereabouts I think they would have done it sooner. Someone pointed them to this specific landfill, and I'd be really surprised if it was PF himself. MOO.

Oh my, just seeing the breaking news about the landfill search :(... If they were just going on a hunch based on his reported whereabouts I think they would have done it sooner. Someone pointed them to this specific landfill, and I'd be really surprised if it was PF himself. MOO.
Yeah, I agree. A search like that requires a great deal of manpower.

They sure as hell aren’t doing it on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member