CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 14m14 minutes ago
Waste Management officials have confirmed to @KOAA that @CBI_Colorado requested to search the Midway Landfill. WM is fully cooperating. Tonight, they aren't confirming whether it's related to the Kelsey Berreth investigation. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Ok, so this might turn out to have nothing to do with KB's case. And they probably won't get to it for a few days so we won't hear whether it is or isn't.

If it is someone's talking, like KK. But why is this info coming from her so late? They have been interogating her since before christmas?

My guess is they have come down to the wire with her and her attorney. You want this deal, we need more- you just haven't given us enough. We need the body. JMO If this search is even related to the case.

PF could have brought one of his large green trash cans to KB’s house, then used it to immediately transport her body the dumpster.

Then dump both body and trashcan at dumpster site.
KB lives in town and should have pickup. Maybe they put her in her own trash bin, inside a couple of giant black lawn bags, and under some smaller bags of her regular household trash. Throw a dead racoon on top.

No one at the townhomes would think anything of the usual babydaddy wheeling out the babymama's bins for her.

What day was KB's regular trash pickup? If it was normally Thursday, then it would have been Friday.

Last edited:
I would imagine that all the trash from Teller and El Paso counties are taken to landfills in that area south of Colorado Springs. I doubt there are any landfills in Teller County because it would be hard to operate a landfill in the winter with all the snow. (It snows substantially less in the southern part of El Paso County. Waste Management operates the waste transfer facility in Divide, Colorado, where PF was found dumping some trash a few days before he was arrested. They also collect trash in the Woodland Park area. I don't know if WM operates other landfills in El Paso County for other trash collected in Colorado Springs.
There is a Waste Management Landfill to the east side of Colorado Springs that is closer to Woodland Park than the one in Fountain.

MG, did LE declare KB was killed in the condo or that it was likely? I’ve never found a definitive statement. “Likely” leaves some room for speculation, imo.

Prior to LE’s comments, I wondered if KB left with P, in broad daylight, maybe thinking they were going to the ranchette & he took her elsewhere.
As far as KB not being “dressed & made up”, perhaps she had her make up in her purse & took a change of clothes.
Her family wouldn’t notice a missing pair of jeans/sweater, IMO.

She could have bought an ingredient to mske a dish at P’s house, even. The window of his arrrival is so close to her returning from the grocery, she had to know he was coming, imo, he seemed to arrive shortly after she got home.

Her brother said her make up was in her home. If she willingly took of with PF, for Thanksgiving or whatever, she would have either taken along or wrapped up those cinnamon rolls she'd just made.

KOAA-TV News Colorado Springs said at 9:55 pm MT
“Spokeswoman Vicki Gomes told News 5 the search has not taken place yet, but the company is cooperating."
While ABC News National of Denver said at 10:00 pm MT
“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,” Waste Management spokeswoman Anne Spitza told ABC News on Wednesday.
Vicki Gomez? Anne Spitza? Two spokeswomen required for a dump?
LOL

Her brother said her make up was in her home. If she willingly took of with PF, for Thanksgiving or whatever, she would have either taken along or wrapped up those cinnamon rolls she'd just made.

While the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of KB having made those cinnamon rolls, I'll admit I've entertained the thought that either PF (or KK if she helped w/ cleanup) might have worked up an appetite and popped them in the oven since he/they couldn't risk making a Sonic run right there in the middle of the cleanup effort. IMO, he is cold enough to do that.

Last edited:
KOAA-TV News Colorado Springs said at 9:55 pm MT
“Spokeswoman Vicki Gomes told News 5 the search has not taken place yet, but the company is cooperating."
While ABC News National of Denver said at 10:00 pm MT
“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,” Waste Management spokeswoman Anne Spitza told ABC News on Wednesday.
Vicki Gomez? Anne Spitza? Two spokeswomen required for a dump?
LOL
Vicki Gomes is the Waste Management Media contact for Colorado. Anne Spitza's name comes up in the media speaking for Waste Management in different scopes, including investor relations stuff but her contact info puts her in Arizona.

There is a Waste Management Landfill to the east side of Colorado Springs that is closer to Woodland Park than the one in Fountain.

Yes, I did find that second WM landfill after my first post. However, I am going to disagree with you that the one on the east side is closer to WP. To get from WP to the landfill in Fountain, you come down Hwy 24 to I-25 and then head south on the interstate for a few miles. To get from WP to the landfill on the east side of Colorado Springs, trash trucks would have to travel through Colorado Springs, as there is no good way to get from the I-25 corridor to the far east side of town---no good truck routes.

I see on the landfills' fact sheets that both facilities process about the same amount of trash per year, so they are about the same size. I imagine WM uses the Fountain location to process all of their trash on the west and south side of town, and the facility on the far east side of town accepts trash from central and eastern Colorado Springs. Remember that El Paso County has nearly 700,000 people, and WM is probably the largest trash collection service.

PF could have brought one of his large green trash cans to KB’s house, then used it to immediately transport her body the dumpster.

Then dump both body and trashcan at dumpster site.

Seeing as how she didn't have a garage and his truck was seen there around 12:30-1:00 PM, carrying anything as large as even her small body to the truck bed would have been damn risky. Then there could have been a neighbor not only saying they saw his truck but him loading something into it.

Let's remember that LeBrae Jackson who was murdered on or about December 23, was found in a tote in Aurora, CO; however, she and her boyfriend lived in Colorado Springs. Although they found her body. or some of her body, it is very possible that they are looking for evidence like bloody bedsheets, etc from that crime.

and corrected (SORT OF). The northern facility on your Google Map is the WM Landfill on Blarny Road, which only accepts:
Non-Hazardous
  • Asbestos-Friable
  • Asbestos-Non-Friable
  • Auto Shredder Fluff
  • Biosolids
  • CERCLA Waste
  • Construction & Demolition Debris
  • E&P Wastes
  • Industrial & Special Waste
  • Municipal Solid Waste
  • Yard Waste

The purpose of moving a trial is to more easily find an impartial jury, not to find people who haven't heard of the case. Otherwise, people like Scott Peterson, Dahmer, etc would never get trials.
Well in that case, even the Springs might work if just getting away from ingrained community bias is the goal. Hopefully that's restricted to mostly woodland park and close environs. I would imagine changing venue is expensive, too.

Seeing as how she didn't have a garage and his truck was seen there around 12:30-1:00 PM, carrying anything as large as even her small body to the truck bed would have been damn risky. Then there could have been a neighbor not only saying they saw his truck but him loading something into it.

Agree that it's so high risk, hard to imagine him transporting her body out to the truck in broad daylight.

Last edited:
Her body wouldn’t start smelling for some time, especially with the cold weather.

It would also be masked by countless other bags, many with decomposing meat.

I absolutely believe that this is the way he could have done it, and it’s been done many times before.
You said dumpster. Do you mean they took the body to a large, commercial dumpster? If so, where? Or do you mean KB's own trash bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy