Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't just a creep, abductor and a family annihilator. Is he not a pedophile? I believe that sickness and his obsession with Jayme supersedes every other detail in this story. JMO.

Pedophiles are specifically into prepubescent children. But close enough. A person who steals a minor that age for sex is a child molester and sex predator. Clearly he chose a child because she was young, vulnerable and sheltered.

I agree, I think that is very important here.

She was the ultimate goal.

She was thirteen.

I do believe that qualifies.
The reason why I question it is: They haven't shined a light on those dirty details, unless I missed them. I keep hoping no assault of that nature was involved and that he was just weird. Highly unlikely though. Oh I did just remember that they took DNA from him. Sigh. Wishful thinking on my part.

The reason why I question it is: They haven't shined a light on those dirty details, unless I missed them. I keep hoping no assault of that nature was involved and that he was just weird. Highly unlikely though. Oh I did just remember that they took DNA from him. Sigh. Wishful thinking on my part.
Yeah, they haven’t mentioned that yet.

They have alluded to possible charges in relation to crimes committed in that house, and that’s obviously the implication.

He isn't just a creep, abductor and a family annihilator. Is he not a pedophile? I believe that sickness and his obsession with Jayme supersedes every other detail in this story. JMO.
So do I. And that is what makes this so horrific. Jayme could be my daughter, or your's. JP could be my neighbor's kid, or your's. Everything about this case is haunting.

JMO

No one is ever trained to drive on ice. You might be trained on how to respond to ice, and drive on snow, but ice is not something you learn to drive on.

Actually, they are trained to drive on ice. Police go on frozen lakes and practice all kinds of things on frozen ice,

In MN, we all learn about what to do on ice. But it does not negate the true danger of ice.

She was. And there was also an LE official breaking in and asking her to ask questions. They took it VERY seriously immediately. IMO. Stellar job.

You should listen to the call. It's incredible. I think you can hear Jayme talking calmly in it. And hear how the people surrounding her were talking calmly. But you know inside everyone was scared shipless.

In the end the woman who found her sounds like she begins to cry with relief when the officers get there.

It was a remarkable call. Had me on tenterhooks the whole time even thought they I knew the outcome.

Great job by all involved.

One of the best parts of the call for me was the sporadic laughter. I think caused by a combination of underlying relief and some timely dog antics. It was amazing that three very likely terrified adults found a way to express humor in order to comfort a traumatized girl. The dispatcher heard that as well and was probably able to let responding officers know they didn’t have a panic situation on their hands. I honestly can’t find fault with how anyone handled that situation.

Imo

Poor Jayme. She is a strong girl but she has a road ahead of her.
Absolutely. The kidnapping is enough to emotionally damage anyone, but it was even worse than that.

The terror of the attack, coupled with months of captivity, is unimaginable.

She was mere inches away from her mother when she was killed.

Long indeed.

The way he kept her reminds me of how a child will keep a stray cat hidden in their room. It's odd that he had no preparations for her, when he goes on and on about how he thought and prepared for the abduction, even down to removing the dome light in his car and taking a shower before he left.

Agree. There are many childlike aspects to his actions (after the murder/abduction). I’m curious why he unloaded the shells and placed the shotgun in the trunk of one of the cars on the property, a white vehicle. Is that where it was kept? He later said in the complaint that he didn’t know if it was still in that vehicle or if his Dad bought it into the house.

And speaking of Dad’s visits to the house, from the pics published, doesn’t it look like there was work being done in many of the rooms (ceiling, esp)? Maybe his Dad was doing the labor.

So do I. And that is what makes this so horrific. Jayme could be my daughter, or your's. JP could be my neighbor's kid, or your's. Everything about this case is haunting.

JMO
Exactly. I so agree. I need to get myself a gun and familiarize myself with it. After JP's brazen attitude, I realize that dogs, an alarm system and cameras just aren't enough anymore.

Do they still make chains for tires to use on ice? Grew up in the north, had snow tires from November to April, but also had chains for ice. We lived on top of a mountain and I never walked it, those chains were wonderful!

Why would LE not use them in rural WI to be able to get to the far out places? If it was rural, there probably wasn’t such a thing as road service to clear the roads. Any ideas?

Chains are illegal. I think it is because they destroy the roads.

Depends on what they allow or vote in for budget purposes. Not all dept's have the resources financially for chains, and if there's water on the ice (a little melting) the chains will help, but you'll still slip.

Chains are illegal

The judge's order for DNA testing as requested by LE pretty much sealed the abuse/ no abuse for me, too.. I just haven't wanted to say anything.. I hope for Jayme's sake that this doesn't hurt her all over again via media info or legal processes to come in JP's trial.
I’m pretty sure that it’s standard, and not necessarily indicative of the implication.

a
Yeah, but his plan was haphazard, almost like a complete afterthought.

The meticulous lengths that he went to in order to cover his tracks at the murder scene, don’t seem to jibe with his actions after he kidnapped Jayme.

Yes, Castro’s victims did escape, but that is not evidence that he didn’t prepare a place to keep them.

He did, it was ultimately ineffective.

With regard to Castro, that is my point, just because his victims escaped does not mean he did not prepare a place to keep them. Patterson, just because she escaped does not mean he did not prepare a place to hold her captive. To me it does not matter that Castro kept his victims captive longer before they escaped then Jake did thus giving Castro credit for better planning.

I do not believe that Jake haphazardly threw Jayme under the bed and bordered it up with weights at the last minute after bringing her to his home. I do believe where he planned to keep her was indeed a forethought regardless of whether you or I or anyone else sees it as a good decision or the best place or way to "keep her held". And just to add, as I see Jake as extremely calculating, he was aware of the circumstances of the property and people coming and going, like Dad, so it likely was not, or possibly was not, haphazard at all. I think he knew what he was doing every step of the way and believe that before he ever returned to his residence the night he kidnapped her that under the bed was the best place he had predetermined to keep her. Respectfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member