Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chains are illegal

No, they're not. Wisconsin has date restrictions for when you are allowed to use tire chains. They also have restrictions on the size of the chains and the kinds of vehicles that are allowed to use them. They are not "illegal", though.

347.45  Tire equipment.

No person may operate on a highway any motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, recreational vehicle, or mobile home having any metal tire in contact with the roadway, except that tire chains of reasonable proportions may be used when required for safety because of snow, ice or other conditions tending to cause a vehicle to skid, and except as provided in sub

(2) No person shall operate on a highway any vehicle, including farm tractors, implements of husbandry, animal-drawn vehicles and road machinery, if such vehicle has on the periphery of any of its tires any block, stud, flange, cleat, spike or other protuberance of any material other than rubber which projects beyond the tread of the traction surface of the tire, except that:
(a) Farm tractors, implements of husbandry, bicycles, animal-drawn vehicles, and road machinery may be operated with metal tires or tires having protuberances that will not injure the highway.
(b) Tire chains of reasonable proportions may be used on any vehicle when required for safety because of snow, ice or other conditions tending to cause a vehicle to skid.
347.45(2)(c)(c) A pneumatic tire may have embedded in it wire or wire coils for improving traction on ice and snow, but such tire shall be so constructed that the percentage of wire or wire coils in contact with the roadway does not exceed, after the first 1,000 miles of use or operation, 5 percent of the total tire area in contact with the roadway. During the first 1,000 miles of use or operation of any such tire the wire or wire coils in contact with the roadway shall not exceed 20 percent of the total tire area in contact with the roadway. Tires equipped with tungsten carbide studs shall be limited in usage and design as follows:
1. The department shall, by rule, designate the times of year during which any type of tire described in this paragraph may be used.
2. Such tires may be used only on authorized emergency vehicles, school buses, vehicles used to deliver mail and automobiles with out-of-state registrations and then only if such automobile is in the course of passing through this state for a period of not more than 30 days.

Wisconsin Legislature: 347.45

Also I think Jayme said he played the music in his room, which probably wasn't in the basement.

The way I was understanding the layout of his house, was that the bedrooms etc are on the lower floor, while the living room/kitchen is the entire upper floor. What do you think?

Another question I've been considering. JP destroyed JLC's clothing and had her put on some of his sister's old pajamas. It appeared in the photos there were boxes of old childhood things there including his sister's clothes and other belongings. It might be just a matter of convenience, having girls' clothes already available. But I wondered if it could be somehow significant, to whatever his issues are, that he wanted her in his sister's clothing? *shudder*
Aren't there small windows in the front door? I read it as he saw him through the small (main wooden door's) windows and shot through there. Sounds horrible to me still...

For those interested in sending Jayme packages, letters, etc. keep in mind that she's probably getting bombarded with things now. As time goes on, however, that will slow down and eventually stop, yet the need will still exist. For many trauma victims, the world kind of moves on right about the time that you need them the most. There's a flurry of activity at the beginning, but then it gradually dissipates. <modsnipped personal anecdote>

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested in sending Jayme packages, letters, etc. keep in mind that she's probably getting bombarded with things now. As time goes on, however, that will slow down and eventually stop, yet the need will still exist. For many trauma victims, the world kind of moves on right about the time that you need them the most. There's a flurry of activity at the beginning, but then it gradually dissipates. <modsnipped>.

Such a good idea. Thanks @mtnlites.

I guess it could go back to his LE interview where he said that she was the chosen girl he would take when he saw her at the bus (paraphrasing) either he wanted the thrill of the kill and the taking and then murder or all of the above except he planned to keep her? I just don’t know how this kind of mind works JMO I’ve been thinking the latter - a companion
A companion possession who would never leave him alone as his family had?
Wow - this fits if his plan was long term IMO

Such a good idea. Thanks @mtnlites.
I wonder how long they will keep the PO Box for us to send letters etc? Just watched the today show - not much new but the family has set up a FB page Light the way home and friends are posting videos which are making Jayme happy according to the written quote posted by her Aunt. Will add the link when they post it

There are many rivers in WI with bridges over them. One of the most dangerous things are bridges as the difference in temperature between the water, air and road makes black ice.

Not exactly. Black ice can be anywhere, and it's really treacherous. The thing about bridges is they freeze first, because they don't have the warmer ground underneath that the road does. So you can be driving on a road that's just wet and get to the bridge and find it's iced over. SURPRISE!

I'm in Australia so no death penalty here, but I'm still against it.

Two reasons:

1. There are too many cases for my likings where innocent people are found guilty and years down the track everyone realises the mistake

2. I actually think the death penalty is too good for them. I think they should be locked away for life. And life meaning actual LIFE.

I personally think Australia is too light on our scum of the earth murderers and rapists. Life is usually only 20 years over here and they often get out earlier with "good behaviour" (N.B. this varies from state to state over here, but it's very rare they get longer than 20 yrs). Their victims don't have the chance to start over in 20 years so why should they?

I don't think JP should get the death penalty, I think he should be put in general population of jail for the rest of his days and let the combination of the other prisoners and the infamy of the case play its course.

jP won't do well in general population in prison or jail.

He doesn't have the social skills to survive nor the emotional
strength to withstand the treatment he'll receive.

He will probably end up like Jeffrey Dahmer who was killed
in prison. He just didn't fit in.

I think there were 9-11 trained people posting on here before .

I have a friend who has a relative who just completed her 9-11 operator training.It was one uear and included ride alongs with the police to see how it all works.

The social worker was CPS so I am sure she has personally handled dangerous and tragic situations. She knew what to do.

The other woman was a middle school teacher. I am sure she has dealt with difficult situations. Teachers are trained how to deal with situations calmly.

Probalby neither had the situation with a killer before, though.

Can you imagine walking down that road for 8 mins knowing that you may be meeting a killer? Incredible courage on Jeanne’s part.

The reason that Jayme had shoes on the wrong feet is that is the way to keep huge shoes on your feet. Try it and see.

I cannot imagine walking on the icy road with little clothing and giant shoes trying to escape a killer.

I am against the death penalty but it is tough in this case, Of what use is he in this world?

Wow, I didn’t realize it was an 8 minute walk between JN’s home and the teacher’s home. That’s a very long time to be out in the open in such terrifying circumstances.

For those interested in sending Jayme packages, letters, etc. keep in mind that she's probably getting bombarded with things now. As time goes on, however, that will slow down and eventually stop, yet the need will still exist. For many trauma victims, the world kind of moves on right about the time that you need them the most. There's a flurry of activity at the beginning, but then it gradually dissipates. <modsnipped>.

All she can want is for the world to move on, and I'd believe this is what we want for her as well. Would that there were a way to gather blessed anonymity, solace from prying restless eyes or a cape of invisibility.

Alas, this is not the way of things. Running shoes & poetry then, perhaps.

Aren't there small windows in the front door? I read it as he saw him through the small (main wooden door's) windows and shot through there. Sounds horrible to me still...
No, the complaint said JP told authorities he saw Jim in the big picture window -- something like that -- and yelled for him to get on the ground. JP then moved to the door, was knocking, and Jim looked through the door window and said "show me a badge," at which point he was then shot.

Yeah, they haven’t mentioned that yet.

They have alluded to possible charges in relation to crimes committed in that house, and that’s obviously the implication.
If there was sexual assault involved, why would they wait to charge him on that/those count(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd