GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the perps had plans to take both of them via boat but because Mr. D. was bleeding and would leave a trail, they left him there. Maybe SD was already loaded up when they decided that transporting both was impossible.
So, they left one (for no other reason that he was not transportable) and took the other and put her in a place where they thought she wouldn't be found. Maybe we're giving the perps too much credit for appearing to be well organized. Transporting Mr. D. ended up being a problem they hadn't planned for.

IMO in the South the lake is really more of a summertime tradition. Memorial Day through Labor Day everyone from Atlanta heads to the lake for some fun.

People Winterize their boats from September/October through April/May. So this crime if done by lake which is the smartest way to do it has a at most 5 month timeframe. On top of that it would take a fool to do it during the summer months so the perps have 6-8 weeks a year to pull this off.

IMO I think they struck the first possible week of the year. The earliest I’ve been out on the lake in a boat is mid May. So yes they needed something done and literally planned and struck at the first possible moment. The fact it happened over the weekend is also quite telling to me.
And let's not forget that derby party and the only neighbors they had were in asia

I've said the same thing way back about the quietness of Lake during this time, I lived at sinclair for 20 yrs until recently, Sinclair is smaller than Oconee but same Putnam community with Sinclair past the dam
At night people don't really pay attention to boats and ive been to the ramps there, very secluded

Does anyone still think the timing of the derby party had any role in this crime? There are those who say that the peeps could have been caught easier since they missed it

But I say, well they didn't and who really thinks two folks are gonna be murdered anyway, esp there, so people may wonder where they were but someone knew that there was no one close enough, to be concerned enough to leave the party to Check on them

But these three including the lake traffic, to me, imply the perps or the parties involved, knew the derminds and the area well

Do we know which puzzle was being worked on by SD, Friday or Saturday? I don't remember seeing anywhere that it was Saturday's crossword. I also don't remember if it was said that it was completed or just being worked on. I guess I have had in my mind that the murders were on Friday. I need to go back and re-read all this info.
I remembered the saturday one that arrives friday afternoon

Maybe the perps had plans to take both of them via boat but because Mr. D. was bleeding and would leave a trail, they left him there. Maybe SD was already loaded up when they decided that transporting both was impossible.
So, they left one (for no other reason that he was not transportable) and took the other and put her in a place where they thought she wouldn't be found. Maybe we're giving the perps too much credit for appearing to be well organized. Transporting Mr. D. ended up being a problem they hadn't planned for.
That would imply they hadn't planned on beheading him......I am not 100% sold that it was planned but I have a hard time thinking it was not.......knives are knives I guess, maybe they had one on them already or got one from the kitchen, did they count the knives and look in any holders to see what might be missing? THen again, maybe they brought what they needed.........like the cinder blocks and flimsy ole fabric mesh......

But when its debated about taking him in the car without a head, I think thats messy, no on the other hand, the more you handle a beheaded body, the messier it would be even to bag him and then you have to worry about leakage in the process and blood down the sides of a body bag getting on the driveway AND, more worry about mixing fibers between victims and perps..........

No, I dont think they would have planned to take him beheaded, WOW but WHAT IF, they decided not to take them both, somethign spooked them to get out of there now and that was the reason he was beheaded, to throw it off further? Maybe the boat had to go quick and someone stayed behind to do that

Or maybe it was intended, they SURE had a lot going for them, alot of things on their side it seems............CAN ANYTHING BE THAT PERFECT??

IDK.......pondering

IMO in the South the lake is really more of a summertime tradition. Memorial Day through Labor Day everyone from Atlanta heads to the lake for some fun.

People Winterize their boats from September/October through April/May. So this crime if done by lake which is the smartest way to do it has a at most 5 month timeframe. On top of that it would take a fool to do it during the summer months so the perps have 6-8 weeks a year to pull this off.

IMO I think they struck the first possible week of the year. The earliest I’ve been out on the lake in a boat is mid May. So yes they needed something done and literally planned and struck at the first possible moment. The fact it happened over the weekend is also quite telling to me.

What significance does the weekend hold?

And let's not forget that derby party and the only neighbors they had were in asia

I've said the same thing way back about the quietness of Lake during this time, I lived at sinclair for 20 yrs until recently, Sinclair is smaller than Oconee but same Putnam community with Sinclair past the dam
At night people don't really pay attention to boats and ive been to the ramps there, very secluded

Does anyone still think the timing of the derby party had any role in this crime? There are those who say that the peeps could have been caught easier since they missed it

But I say, well they didn't and who really thinks two folks are gonna be murdered anyway, esp there, so people may wonder where they were but someone knew that there was no one close enough, to be concerned enough to leave the party to Check on them

But these three including the lake traffic, to me, imply the perps or the parties involved, knew the derminds and the area well

I think the derby party is significant. How many parties did the Demonds attend on Saturday’s? I would assume not many. So the only way the neighbors come looking for you is missing something significant.

The perpetrator knew about the party. They knew the body would rise and they knew that they bought themselves 48 hours.

Phone records should play a big role in this crime. The answer to who did this lies in the details.

With all due respect, it doesn’t make sense to me.

IMHO
I just threw this idea out there because murder suicide does happen. I don’t know how life insurance pays out in a hypothetical scenario such as this. I am assuming RD probably had good coverage since he owned his own business. I realize this is a stretch but nothing has made sense to me thus far so I’m kind of throwing thoughts against the board.

I think the derby party is significant. How many parties did the Demonds attend on Saturday’s? I would assume not many. So the only way the neighbors come looking for you is missing something significant.

The perpetrator knew about the party. They knew the body would rise and they knew that they bought themselves 48 hours.

Phone records should play a big role in this crime. The answer to who did this lies in the details.
Yep....

and everyone too busy to stop what they are doing to go check on someone, whom they never would have beleive would have been BOTH murdered in this community, much less decappitated!

what did you mean? "So the only way the neighbors come looking for you is "MISSING something significant."

I always thought so too.....all three and yes I said that too, funds cant be distributed quickly without the death certificates and who puts a body THERE on the main river and thirdly, in the same lake of the victims, I would think they'd want to take it in the woods down 16! DARK down that stretch of hwy!

Hey you know, you mentioned it being done on the weekend being telling or something.....why is it telling? hmm, not a stranger to the place???..........

..I know there is more traffic on the weekends but on our end it wasnt THAT much different until after school was out, but yes it was warmer then, bringing people to the lake.....they did this just in time before that, god, the neighbors were gone too.......like FF used to say, well planned and executed

Yep....

and everyone too busy to stop what they are doing to go check on someone, whom they never would have beleive would have been BOTH murdered in this community, much less decappitated!

what did you mean? "So the only way the neighbors come looking for you is "MISSING something significant."

I always thought so too.....all three and yes I said that too, funds cant be distributed quickly without the death certificates and who puts a body THERE on the main river and thirdly, in the same lake of the victims, I would think they'd want to take it in the woods down 16! DARK down that stretch of hwy!

Hey you know, you mentioned it being done on the weekend being telling or something.....why is it telling? hmm, not a stranger to the place???..........

..I know there is more traffic on the weekends but on our end it wasnt THAT much different until after school was out, but yes it was warmer then, bringing people to the lake.....they did this just in time before that, god, the neighbors were gone too.......like FF used to say, well planned and executed

Missing something significant refers to I don’t think the neighbors come looking for you if you miss bridge or golf. But the Kentucky Derby Party is a bigger deal. Call on Sunday and Monday come check on Tuesday. Not to mention most people will be visiting on the weekends in May because of life responsibilities. The burglar alarm was disabled.

A true hired hitman would probably come during the week unless they were told that coming on the weekend would make sure a neighbor came looking for them to not throw off phone call routines to certain individuals.

Then SS said a female family member was not truthful. 10 days of people wondering if SD was responsible or kidnapped to completely divert attention.

Body final rises, death certificates are issued. House sold, life insurance paid out. Lots of things point a certain way and they have had way too many coincidences for my spidey senses to start tingling.

SS I hope before you retire that you solve this crime. It needs to be solved. Murder is inexcusable but this was far sinister. An extremely small number of people will kill freaking grandparents so that eliminates a huge portion of the population.

MOO

YEP all the above

statement analysis

it's all there

Told why and where before she was even found IMO and many other things

there are some good analysts on youtube, look at some older and recent cases

QUOTE="TJtennispro, post: 14734848, member: 231601"]Missing something significant refers to I don’t think the neighbors come looking for you if you miss bridge or golf. But the Kentucky Derby Party is a bigger deal. Call on Sunday and Monday come check on Tuesday. Not to mention most people will be visiting on the weekends in May because of life responsibilities. The burglar alarm was disabled.

A true hired hitman would probably come during the week unless they were told that coming on the weekend would make sure a neighbor came looking for them to not throw off phone call routines to certain individuals.

Then SS said a female family member was not truthful. 10 days of people wondering if SD was responsible or kidnapped to completely divert attention.

Body final rises, death certificates are issued. House sold, life insurance paid out. Lots of things point a certain way and they have had way too many coincidences for my spidey senses to start tingling.

SS I hope before you retire that you solve this crime. It needs to be solved. Murder is inexcusable but this was far sinister. An extremely small number of people will kill freaking grandparents so that eliminates a huge portion of the population.

MOO[/QUOTE]
Missing something significant refers to I don’t think the neighbors come looking for you if you miss bridge or golf. But the Kentucky Derby Party is a bigger deal. Call on Sunday and Monday come check on Tuesday. Not to mention most people will be visiting on the weekends in May because of life responsibilities. The burglar alarm was disabled.

MOO

MOO
So are you saying that you think the reason the Dermonds were killed before the Derby party is so people would be concerned and check up on them sooner rather than later. It could have been days before they were discovered had no one come looking for them. But didn't the son call his Dad daily? Eventually he would have had a welfare check. How many days would have to pass by before having someone check on your parents? 2 or 3 days?
Not sure what you're saying about changing the phone call schedule?

tennispro........I read that wrong, no, certain individuals COULD NOT FIND THEM or call because if they couldnt reach the D's, they would have had to call for a welfare check, no one wants to have to do that and look suspicious

THey knew someone would come looking but not in a day, maybe they hoped before Tuesday ( i think it was) but still they wanted that 48 hr window

I think becuase of where the D's were located, it didnt matter if the lake was a little busy because what was real important was that they had no neighbors, the only one was in asia during that time frame

I think the last phone call they had from BD was on THursday, in online report, dead by friday night, saturday morning

Why would the murderer necessarily want the murders to be discovered so quickly though? The longer the timeframe from the murders to the point of discovery, the less authorities would be able to determine, ie date of death, etc. So why necessarily do it around a function you believe will bring people looking for them?

Last edited:
When I read that Mrs was found in the lake... I didn't imagine that she'd been taken there by boat, but rather, dropped off by car... maybe thrown off a public pier in the middle of the night? She would have sunk, given the concrete weights.. and then over time her body would have drifted to where it was discovered.
Was there any evidence of blood or other people or the scent of decomp which a cadaver dog would have sensed?

What about that grandchild - the child of the couple's deceased son - would that person have known she was included in the Will? Has anyone looked at her as a possibility?

When I read that Mrs was found in the lake... I didn't imagine that she'd been taken there by boat, but rather, dropped off by car... maybe thrown off a public pier in the middle of the night? She would have sunk, given the concrete weights.. and then over time her body would have drifted to where it was discovered.
Was there any evidence of blood or other people or the scent of decomp which a cadaver dog would have sensed?
no bridge there for a car, the dam is too far away from this location, water dont pull that hard there, though there is some pull in the lake, not enough to drag her far, maybe boat traffic can cause some disturbance where she was but the gases brought her to the surface......about the pull of lake water, though Im on the other side of the dam at sinclair

tennispro........I read that wrong, no, certain individuals COULD NOT FIND THEM or call because if they couldnt reach the D's, they would have had to call for a welfare check, no one wants to have to do that and look suspicious

THey knew someone would come looking but not in a day, maybe they hoped before Tuesday ( i think it was) but still they wanted that 48 hr window

I think becuase of where the D's were located, it didnt matter if the lake was a little busy because what was real important was that they had no neighbors, the only one was in asia during that time frame

I think the last phone call they had from BD was on THursday, in online report, dead by friday night, saturday morning

That’s what I meant about certain individuals not wanting to throw off their phone routine and be the ones to have to initiate the wellness check. We definitely agree about that.

The body was discovered near the tree line on the across the lake from the Lawrence Shoals Boat Ramp. As mentioned above near the dam. The body was bludgeoned fairly badly.

Body found in Lake Oconee

I’ve never seen a car in this location except from this picture and a boat is the only way it got here.

That’s what I meant about certain individuals not wanting to throw off their phone routine and be the ones to have to initiate the wellness check. We definitely agree about that.
GOtcha! I think we are totally on the same page in the majority of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123