Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
His discharge was because the “character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps’ expectations and standards.”

That’s incredibly vague, and admittedly, I’m not an expert in this sort of thing (I didn’t get kicked out).

From my understanding, this could be a result of an unwillingness to train, failure to follow instructions, or just unsettling or bizarrre behavior.

We know that he has a poor work history (huge understatement), so my guess is that he couldn’t handle authority, and didn’t do what he was told.

All day, every day, consists of you following orders. You don’t do anything without first being told to. From waking up, to brushing your teeth, to eating.

It’s the exact opposite of what he would be willing to do.

You only need to look around that dump of a cabin to know this dude was not going to do the boot camp thing of keeping his belongings clean and in the proper order! And we've all watched the movie scenes with drill sergeants screaming in recruits' faces. He was destined to go home in a hurry.

Lest we forget . . .

Today marks the 1 week anniversary of Jayme's escape and return to freedom.

I know and it is still incredible that Jayme managed to survive. I hope she is coping as best she can it must be a huge adjustment from being kidnapped to living with her aunt in her home all while grieving for her parents.

Yes, whatever comforts he afforded her was likely to suit his own needs, rather than concern for her well-being.
He may have been planning to kidnap someone else. He said after two weeks he was sure he had gotten away with it. If he hadn't been caught he might have been the next Ariel Castro for all we know. Imo

Yes, Ariel Castro is a horrific example of a " collector" psychopath.
He's also an example of a psychopath who killed himself while incarcerated, and it was NOT out of guilt. We know that!

As far as JP kidnapping and keeping more than one young girl, he would have had to plan a different type of restraint and sound control.
Also, I'm not sure there was enough food for 3 people to survive, because Jayme said there was something from a microwave " every day" but she didn't say if that was a single meal, a shared portion or what.
Early descriptions of her said she was thin. That part was dropped very quickly, I noticed, so it might have been a mistake.

Since we don't know what occurred from one day to the next with Jayme, and may have no right to ever fully know as she is a minor child, I'm not sure if abducting another girl at the same time was ever in his mind. I don't see parallels to A. Castro, as Castro was the collector in its most awful sense.

Oh, my stars, the things we humans can endure, live through, fight to survive out of instincts, and come out of alive. Unspeakable horrors from which there IS recovery.
Jayme's a warrior!

I'm afraid I'm never going to catch up on this thread so I'm jumping in to say I totally agree and from the 911 transcript that appears to be exactly what the dispatcher was doing.
Transcript Of 911 Call Following Jayme Closs’ Escape

And I apologize if this has been posted already but I was concerned after reading this article:

Investigation Underway Following Reports Of Hacked Accounts Posting Pages For Jake Patterson
WTH is wrong with people? To victimize yet another innocent girl by hacking her FB page - why, because she lives in Patterson's town? I'm glad that LE is investigating and are prepared to prosecute the people responsible. SMDH!!
I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly, someone hacked a girl's FB account and used her FB to set up a page for JP and now she's receiving threats? But she didn't set up the page, whoever hacked her did?

His discharge was because the “character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps’ expectations and standards.”

That’s incredibly vague, and admittedly, I’m not an expert in this sort of thing (I didn’t get kicked out).

From my understanding, this could be a result of an unwillingness to train, failure to follow instructions, or just unsettling or bizarrre behavior.

We know that he has a poor work history (huge understatement), so my guess is that he couldn’t handle authority, and didn’t do what he was told.

All day, every day, consists of you following orders. You don’t do anything without first being told to. From waking up, to brushing your teeth, to eating.

I bet his sergeant knew what he was all about the first time he looked him in the eye. Imo

I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly, someone hacked a girl's FB account and used her FB to set up a page for JP and now she's receiving threats? But she didn't set up the page, whoever hacked her did?
That's the way I read the article - that someone hack into her account and used her identity to set up a for Patterson. Hopefully we'll hear more about that soon. I checked and there's nothing for JP so I assume LE has contacted them and it's been removed.

I don't know about Jennie O but I think cheese place was a day job.

The cheese place job was a daytime first shift according to this snippet from an article: On day Jayme escaped, suspect sought job — with dodgy resume

"He also worked for two days at a cheese factory near Almena, Wisconsin, just west of Barron. He was on his way to work there in October when he spotted Jayme getting on a school bus and decided he wanted to kidnap her."

I've asked this but I don't know that anyone took me seriously. I AM SERIOUS, :).

Is it coincidence or design that JP worked at 2 food production companies and was trying to get a job in a liquor warehouse?

I'm asking: Is there a possible personal fixation on food ( or maybe poisoning mass parts of the population, who knows?) , or is that part of WI just heavy in food production?

So she was creeping while being held by this . Good for her. That monopoly game might have payed off.
Did we get find out if those pictures in the DM were recent pictures or old pictures of his sister's room and other parts of the house? I have a hard time imagining him playing board games with her. I don't remember seeing it in any other source or any other word about where he kept her except under his own bed in his bedroom. Imo

Interesting. This serial killer from Indiana was booted for the exact same thing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/23/gary-women-killed-marine/17768953/

I've asked this but I don't know that anyone took me seriously. I AM SERIOUS, :).

Is it coincidence or design that JP worked at 2 food production companies and was trying to get a job in a liquor warehouse?

I'm asking: Is there a possible personal fixation on food ( or maybe poisoning mass parts of the population, who knows?) , or is that part of WI just heavy in food production?
I think it’s a coincidence, and based solely on what was available.

As you say, Wisconsin is big in terms of food production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle