Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a SADISTIC DOUBLE MURDERER, AN ABDUCTOR, and a person so sick that he MUST be kept from society for the rest of his life.
How I hope everyone UNDERSTANDS THIS KIND OF EVIL.
We are seeing it. More info may be forthcoming.

There are NO Excuses possible IN THIS WORLD for what he has done to the Closs family.

LOVE TO JAYME TONIGHT AND ALWAYS!
I do agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has been very respectful when writing about her, just wondering more about whether certain topics or words, might bring back unpleasant memories for her.
This is so very kind and thoughtful of you. Have you read what Elizabeth Smart has written about a " new normal" to Jayme?
No matter what, she will have memories which are much more than unpleasant for a while, and things will gradually improve for her, as it did for Elizabeth, who was close to the same age and endured so much for 9 months.

Both girls were so lucky to escape. Most of WS is about people who don't live through a violent psychopath's abduction.

Regarding the topic of interest suggesting that JP could have anti-social personality disorder:
I have studied anti-social personality disorder as well as other disorders for a while now. We must keep in mind that we do not have enough information to determine that JP does indeed have this personality disorder. While there are many flags indicating that this is a possibility, the DSM-V has specific requirements for every mental disorder.

Also, I would just like to note that anti-social personality disorder does NOT necessarily mean that a person with this disorder is ACTUALLY anti-social, a loner, etc. Many people with anti-social personality disorder are popular and have lots of friends, often due to their manipulation and ability to use charisma, therefore making themselves appear to be confident.

I would also like to add that anti-social personality disorder should be thought of as “anti-societal values” instead of “anti-social” itself.

if they played it's more likely she was playing for basic needs - for example, if you win you can eat, or shower, or sleep on a bed, etc.

I Agree-

The monopoly game. . . the suggestion by media outlets that the two played a convivial game of Monopoly has really bothered me. Several media outlets did spin the photo of an open game of Monopoly board game on the floor in the one living areas to suggest that perhaps Jayme and Jake were sharing some enjoyable game time time together. (So far from the truth.) If the two played monopoly I can bet you Jayme was under duress to do so. I just do not think that the Monopoly game between them ever happened at all.

Unfortunately I think the suggestion by the media of them playing a "friendly " game of Monopoly has reinforced, for many trying to determine what went on between them, that Jake just wanted Jayme for a "partner or someone to play house with" and that perhaps Jayme was reciprocal.

I have enlarged that picture of the open Monopoly Board game box several times, to me it is just an open Monopoly game box that looks like it fell on the floor and is still laying there, there is nothing about the Monopoly board game photo to suggest any type of "unfinished" game between anyone.

Regarding the topic of interest suggesting that JP could have anti-social personality disorder:
I have studied anti-social personality disorder as well as other disorders for a while now. We must keep in mind that we do not have enough information to determine that JP does indeed have this personality disorder. While there are many flags indicating that this is a possibility, the DSM-V has specific requirements for every mental disorder.

Also, I would just like to note that anti-social personality disorder does NOT necessarily mean that a person with this disorder is ACTUALLY anti-social, a loner, etc. Many people with anti-social personality disorder are popular and have lots of friends, often due to their manipulation and ability to use charisma, therefore making themselves appear to be confident.

You are entitled to your opinion. I do not share it either personally or professionally. I am not at all sure what you read or where, but a 21 year old man who kills two loving parents in cold blood in their home, for the " purpose" of kidnapping their 13 year old child he saw one time and doesn't know anything about IS the living definition Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

I don't believe anyone believes he is just an introvert, and the distinction between common introvertism and clinical psychopathy are miles apart. Respectfully submitted. :cool:

Would any of us google what we already know so much more intimately and painfully than the rest of the world can imagine?

Only to find their tawdry thoughts about this deeply personal experience?

Perhaps googling the second sight of dogs or setting up animal rescue center is more her thing.

Excuse me, but I don’t understand what you are saying here?

Last edited by a moderator:
The original point is that her food intake may have been rationed to a very low level. As I said, I saw it once, and then not again.

I know he was not starving her. I know nothing like that happened, but underfeeding a 13 year old growing girl is a serious thing, if it did happen.

Things are posted, and they are not dire. It's a matter of degree. I do not know how possible underfeeding could be construed as " He would let her die".
I never said anything like that. Thanks.:cool:
I didn't mean to imply anything like that from your post specifically nor would I.

Last edited:
Would any of us google what we already know so much more intimately and painfully than the rest of the world can imagine?

Only to find their tawdry thoughts about this deeply personal experience?

Perhaps googling the second sight of dogs or setting up animal rescue center is more her thing.

Curiosity may cause her to google herself, someday, but odds are that she would not read through all 40+ threads. Some young people choose to be in the spotlight, with YouTube videos, etc. They are comfortable being a topic of discussion. Jayme did not choose to be a topic of discussion, and even if she does not read anything here, people she knows might read here.

JP, on the other hand, probably wants to be famous. If he could google himself, it would feed his ego. He was a nobody before this.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion. I do not share it either personally or professionally. I am not at all sure what you read or where, but a 21 year old man who kills two loving parents in cold blood in their home, for the " purpose" of kidnapping their 13 year old child he saw one time and doesn't know anything about IS the living definition Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

I don't believe anyone believes he is just an introvert, and the distinction between common introvertism and clinical psychopathy are miles apart. Respectfully submitted. :cool:
Respectfully, I never said that JP did NOT have anti-social personality disorder. I am simply just stating other facts I have learned in my studies. I was just trying to enlighten some users because many people were talking a lot in depth about how he was a loner and his grad class photo, etc. I was just respectfully stating you don’t have to be a loner to have this disorder.

I Agree-

The monopoly game. . . the suggestion by media outlets that the two played a convivial game of Monopoly has really bothered me. Several media outlets did spin the photo of an open game of Monopoly board game on the floor in the one living areas to suggest that perhaps Jayme and Jake were sharing some enjoyable game time time together. (So far from the truth.) If the two played monopoly I can bet you Jayme was under duress to do so. I just do not think that the Monopoly game between them ever happened at all.

Unfortunately I think the suggestion by the media of them playing a "friendly " game of Monopoly has reinforced, for many trying to determine what went on between them, that Jake just wanted Jayme for a "partner or someone to play house with" and that perhaps Jayme was reciprocal.

I have enlarged that picture of the open Monopoly Board game box several times, to me it is just an open Monopoly game box that looks like it fell on the floor and is still laying there, there is nothing about the Monopoly board game photo to suggest any type of "unfinished" game between anyone.
Monopoly wasn't any of the games he was playing with her.
But I do wonder what they did all day whilst he wasn't gone or didn't have visitors.

I would also like to add that anti-social personality disorder should be thought of as “anti-societal values” instead of “anti-social” itself.

I’m not sure why you’re getting push-back. I get what you’re saying...not that you are re-naming the disorder, or denying that it fits JP. You are pointing out that we don’t have enough information to accurately diagnose JP per DSM-V guidelines, and you are clarifying that the disorder is not about being an unsociable “loner,” as some have discussed. It’s about being unwilling to live by normal social values. And that certainly describes JP and others like him who may be more sociable than he is. Thank you for your input. :)

Last edited:
That might have been his sleep time. I'll bet when he was sleeping he kept her chained/tied to him.
I’m not sure that was the case.

If he was willing to leave her for hours at a time, confined only by weighted boxes placed around the bed, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he employed the same method while he was sleeping.

My money is on him doing the same thing.

I’m not sure that was the case.

If he was willing to leave her for hours at a time, confined only by weighted boxes placed around the bed, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he employed the same method while he was sleeping.

My money is on him doing the same thing.
My money is on him having her chained/tied next to him.

You are right. Anti-social Personality Disorder is not the same as being unsociable. Many people use the term ant-social as being a loner and unsociable.

Because of the confusion, more and more of us in the psychiatric field (I’m a psych nurse) are going back to using the term sociopath.

However, DSM still recognizes ASPD, with certain criteria, as a diagnosis.

How Antisocial Personality Disorder Is Diagnosed | Everyday Health

Last edited:
You are right. Anti-social Personality Disorder is not the same as being unsocialable. Many people use the term ant-social as being a loner and unsociable.

Because of the confusion, more and more of us in the psychiatric field (I’m a psych nurse) are going back to using the term sociopath.

However, DSM still recognizes ASPD, with certain criteria, as a diagnosis.
I’m glad that some people in the psychiatric field are going back to that word.

It’s simple, and everyone knows it.

Sure as hell looks like this guy is a perfect example.

The reports I read said she was taken to the police station in a police car. An ambulance could have removed her right away. Hospitals are generally considered a safe secure location where crime victims can receive treatment, counseling, and be interviewed by police all at the same time.

There was a madman, with a shotgun , just two cabins away. Why would they wait for an ambulance to come?

She had no serious physical injuries. The MOST important thing at that time was SAFETY. They got her out of the immediate danger, then got more officers to ensure her safety, and they went to the hospital. I applaud them.

Hospitals are 'generally' considered a safe secure location. But when a cold blooded killer. who has nothing to lose, is out looking for his hostage, the hospital would not be considered a safe secure location. So their first instinct, to head to the police station, was the best choice, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member