Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on the tape. The dispatcher diverted the EMS to a staging area, to wait. Then the police then took her out of the area.

That is standard procedure when there is a dangerous crime scene, and the suspect has not been caught or detained yet. You cannot send an ambulance into a volatile situation.

#Jaymazing: Wisconsin Company Creating Shirts To Support Jayme Closs Fund

View attachment 164758

The outpouring of support continues for Jayme Closs and her family.

Fresh off the printer Thursday are blue T-shirts with the message “#Jaymazing.”

JMS Screen Printing in Cornell, Wisconsin is making the shirts with permission from the family. All proceeds from sales of this shirts will go to the Jayme Closs Fund.
Ugh. I can't find any link to a "Jayme Closs Fund." Who knows if there is an official fund w/ that name or whether the funds from the shirt sales would actually go there. Feels like quite the financial feeding frenzy, which isn't surprising, but is still sorta depressing, particularly this soon after Jayme's escape and survival through her hellish ordeal.

Ugh. I can't find any link to a "Jayme Closs Fund." Who knows if there is an official fund w/ that name or whether the funds from the shirt sales would actually go there. Feels like quite the financial feeding frenzy, which isn't surprising, but is still sorta depressing, particularly this soon after Jayme's escape and survival through her hellish ordeal.

There is a Facebook page titled "Healing for Jayme Closs" that appears legitimate on its face. It makes reference to "Donations to the Closs family account at Sterling Bank can be sent to P.O. Box 70, 234 E. LaSalle Ave., Barron, Wisconsin, 54812." and also a site. I would be extremely wary of any fund collections until one is clearly identified via the family and/or local government officials.

I did review TOS before posting this, and hope I have complied fully.

I had that thought as well. I also thought the mere sight of a bathtub might cause flashbacks. :(

I inherited claustrophobia in my 30’s. I couldn’t imagine spending all that time under a bed.
Remembering back as a young kid when you’d hide under the bed. Difference is you could leave when you wanted.

So many things for JC to overcome. We don’t know everything that happened and I hope they seal anything such as SA for Jc’s benefit (I mean for her integrity going forward) That said, one truly couldn’t write a script for what happened.

It’s been said a thousand times, but what an effing Monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Criminal case against Jake Patterson not a simple one even though he said 'I did it'

Interesting story on MPR this morning (sorry if already posted).
3 takeaways...
1. Defense will likely try to plead insanity, but it is likely to be struck down because of his level of planning and coherence.
2. There is nowhere in the state that would be better for JTP. Everyone knows about this story.
3. Douglas County is hoping they won't have to file charges at all. If JTP pleads guilty they likely won't. If they have to file charges they are anticipating a media circus.

I've asked this but I don't know that anyone took me seriously. I AM SERIOUS, :).

Is it coincidence or design that JP worked at 2 food production companies and was trying to get a job in a liquor warehouse?

I'm asking: Is there a possible personal fixation on food ( or maybe poisoning mass parts of the population, who knows?) , or is that part of WI just heavy in food production?

I don't think so. He has no transferable skills. This is where the temp agencies were placing him. He clearly isn't OK to work with the public. He needed a job where he had to do something that required no skill and he didn't have to directly interface with the public.

There is a Facebook page titled "Healing for Jayme Closs" that appears legitimate on its face. It makes reference to "Donations to the Closs family account at Sterling Bank can be sent to P.O. Box 70, 234 E. LaSalle Ave., Barron, Wisconsin, 54812." and also a site. I would be extremely wary of any fund collections until one is clearly identified via the family and/or local government officials.

I did review TOS before posting this, and hope I have complied fully.
Yes, it was featured on the today show - I posted the clip upthread and I do believe the family is behind it based on the reporter's story IMO

ETA: Link (also updated in the media thread that is still in the Missing forum)
Jayme Closs’ friends and family post messages of love and support

Last edited:
I don't think so. He has no transferable skills. This is where the temp agencies were placing him. He clearly isn't OK to work with the public. He needed a job where he had to do something that required no skill and he didn't have to directly interface with the public.

These jobs do sound like places where temp agencies would place someone. A lot of these manufacturing places no longer hire off the street, they hire through companies and employees just kind of take whatever is offered to them if they want to work badly enough.

Raises Money For The Care of Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News
snipped and BBM

JMS Screen Printing in Cornell, Wisconsin is making the shirts with permission from the family. All proceeds from sales of this shirts will go to the Jayme Closs Fund.
Perhaps they just got the name of the Fund wrong? With so much publicity I would be surprised and shocked if the money (at least some) does not go to the family - perhaps the Sheriff should check this out? or the reporter at the very least? IMO

I was away from my computer yesterday where I have photo's saved. There was a question about the blinds and then later there was a question about the door.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dpj3olLW0AA8qcU.jpg
Here is a pic with the blinds on the left window all the way up
https://s3-ca-central-1.amazonaws.c.../11/2018/10/15152619/IMG_20181015_1141581.jpg
Then at some point they were lowered

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/8o3LjaitEhpA6x0UluXSdA/o.jpg
Here is a pic of the small window ( before the crime ) James was shot through

Raises Money For The Care of Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News
snipped and BBM

Perhaps they just got the name of the Fund wrong? With so much publicity I would be surprised and shocked if the money (at least some) does not go to the family - perhaps the Sheriff should check this out? or the reporter at the very least? IMO

Anybody else find this in poor taste ...
Did the family request this ...

If she’s lost for 2 weeks in woods I get it.

This is one messed up case ... I would think she wants new memories and left alone after awhile... 5 yrs from now she sees this t shirt dunno what she thinks...

This guy seems tacky AF... it’s almost like an ad....

This is one messed up case ... I would think she wants new memories and left alone after awhile... 5 yrs from now she sees this t shirt dunno what she thinks...

Yes, it is tacky and horrible.
Sometimes people really want to help. But they don't really know how. And it ends up like this.

I think he already knew she was in the home. He was probably watching them for awhile. JMO

Unfortunately, that's probably true. He also shot and killed her dad at the door- I'm not sure it mattered if she was under a bed or not.

I keep wondering how this would have played out if Denise wasn't able to get a 911 call off. Even with that call, LE had so little to go on, but it seems like it at least indicated that something went wrong close to that time and got them there within minutes.

How to support Jayme Closs after safe return home
"The page ‘Healing for Jayme Closs’ posted over the weekend that there is now a P.O. box set up so people can send cards and well wishes to Jayme and her family.

Send letters, attention to:
Light the Way Home for Jayme Closs
P.O. Box 539
Rice Lake, WI 54868

Jayme’s cousin has also set up a campaign to raise money for the 13-year-old’s family, as they cope with the recovery process and costs of the three-month search. This comes after a separate fundraiser ended when it surpassed its $50-thousand goal.

Click here to donate to the cousin’s campaign. Be cautious about other, fraudulent pages that have been posted, claiming to be relatives."

For those wanting to send Jayme a monetary gift; just make out a check/postal money order to her in her name and mail it to the Rice Lake PO Box set up to receive cards and girfts for Jayme.

Personally I prefer to keep things simple and bypass middle persons whenever possible and go directly to recipient.

911 dispatcher describes Jayme Closs call: 'It's definitely going to be one that you never forget' - CNN
Watch Amy Pullen's full interview on HLN's "88 Days of Terror," airing Friday at 2:30 p.m. ET.

"I just remember hearing 'Jayme Closs,' and that's when it took me a couple seconds to realize what she had said," Pullen told CNN Thursday. "And I remember asking her, you know, 'Have you seen this girl's picture?'"

"I wanted to make sure that she knew -- or that this was real," Pullen added. "And she said, 'I'm a hundred percent sure that this is her.'"

"Once a deputy came up and said he was in custody, then I felt like we could breathe," Pullen recalled. "My partner and I just kind of looked at each other, and it was like, then you can breathe and everybody's safe."

The 911 call left a deep impression on Pullen, she said.

"Nothing has ever affected me like this before," she said, but she doesn't feel she did anything that any of her colleagues wouldn't have done. She just did her job.

Not a fan. If people want to donate to a fund for Jayme, or to a fund for child survivors of trauma, then they will. They don't have to buy a T-shirt for their efforts. If Jayme herself was wanting to raise awareness for missing/abducted kids and SHE came up with the idea of doing this, that's one thing. For someone else to do it in her name, even with the family's permission if they have it, seems tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member