MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did Tammy's trial last? What if Sidney's trial starts in September and the judge becomes "senile" in the middle of it? Give it to another judge I say, all that waffle about passing the buck to another judge makes me think twice about him because he tries too hard to justify himself.

I think a new set of (judge's) eyes are needed on Sidney's kidnapping trial.

Tammy's trial went smoothly with the other Judge and she was given 30 years.

Ugh, this is so irritating to see that Judge Dennis is still on the case. Based on how his first trial went, I think it's safe to assume this one won't be as easy for Ms. Livesay. But if there is another great jury like the one for TM's trial, I think all will be good. Let's hope and pray! And let's hope SM reveals where Heather is long before trial!

Sidney's mother believes she either went to school or is related to Judge Dennis!?!?!?

Between the handshake with Sidney at the end of his mistrial, Dennis' disdain for the prosecution, and this (is it a school friendship or relation?!?), he really needs to step down.

Because of age, public pressure, there is a likelihood that Dennis may come down with an illness.
Therefore he will be ousted.
MOO.

I like how you think tmar!

This occurred when I was involved in a trial.
The elderly Magistrate (in the case) became ill, and the 'trial' which had been 'going on' for 2 years due to continual postponements by the Defendant, agreed to by the Magistrate, was stopped.
A new trial resulted, with a top Magistrate appointed.
The second trial was SUCCESSFULLY completed in a VERY short time.
MOO.

I just watched the hearing, is the judge sick? Seems like his balloon has lost a little air. Even saying that the family needs closure, thanking them for traveling to the hearing. He was a wholly different person at this hearing.

Anyone catch the close up of Sid after the judge make the remark about the family needing closure? Wonder what he was saying to KT? Maybe someone can grab the lip shot and make a meme ...

Marking my place here. It is mind blowing the Judge will not recuse himself. What is the deal with trying to recuse the prosecution? If the Judge continues to be hateful to NL, maybe he would be respectful to another one? Much as I love NL getting up there. One more question. Did the Judge say he would move Sidney to JRL or that he would sign to pay for transport?

Last edited:
I still check these threads daily for updates. I wish they could get a move on with Sid's retrial. Also, I can't wait to see this new attorney for the M's in action (for their civil case) - Where is Heather???

The fact that Maleah Davis was driven several hours a way to be disposed of gives me a little hope that maybe Heather will someday be found. Maybe she wasn't dumped in the dumpster at Longbeard's like I think. Maybe they really did drive her far away to some remote location.

From G's link above-

According to motions filed June 6, attorneys want to keep keep Elvis' Tilted Kilt co-workers from testifying.

The defense also want to keep the prosecution from bringing up anything about whether Elvis was pregnant at the time of her disappearance, something that was discussed during Moorer’s initial 2016 trial.

A third motion also seeks to limit the time the prosecution has to do further discovery in the case.

A hearing on these three motions is set for Friday, June 21

Could Sidney Moorer’s trial location be on the move? State asks judge to consider change

JUNE 14, 2019

"Sidney Moorer’s upcoming kidnapping trial could be held in Horry County if a request from prosecutors is granted.
State prosecutors asked for the trial to return to Horry County as part of several recently filed motions by attorneys in the case. Moorer, defense attorneys and state solicitors are scheduled to be in an Horry County court next week to discuss the case. Moorer faces a potential fall trial for his alleged role in Heather Elvis’ 2013 kidnapping...."

Could Sidney Moorer’s trial location be on the move? State asks judge to consider change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie