Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember with Jacob Wetterling some of the cruel idiocy. There was no internet like today yet ugly comments came out.

Seriously, people get jealous, for one thing. And not all people are mentally healthy

I do not understand the downing of his parents. they as far as I know have not been charged in any crime. the perp was well beyond 18.

That’s on me, not downing the parents, I’m stunned with horrific nature of Crime, and Patterson disconnect.

I think something happened to him, that lead up to this, .... could be just a divorce crushing him, and marine failure killing his last dream. That seems a lot but not enough to shut world out and do this.

If you go back from birth to age 21 usually you’ll find something, could be straight sociopath and nothing would help.

If he was in foster care first 6 yrs of life and never knew parents, that would cause some scaring. Again, not putting this on parents, just looking for foster care info neighbors mentioned and more complete picture.

The one photo with mom and sister looks like he doesn’t know the 2 women.

The whole scenario of just leaving 2 boys in big house is odd... did they just leave them there after certain age..?? There’s 3 cars outside the house and 1 in garage. It’s as if parents left 5 yrs ago... and just left 2 boys...
Didn’t go back for 4 cars or boys or anything.

That doesn’t sound logical.. so what’s accurate... guess just trying to
Find the why more than anything... and parents seem to be only ones with the info..
Or any chance of an answer..maybe there isn’t one.

Discussing The Jayme Closs Case With Your Children
What happened to Jayme Closs is rare.

Less than one percent of abductions are from strangers and Jayme’s case is rare even within that one percent. Experts say parents should not downplay what happened to Jayme, but to use it as an important teaching moment.

Jane Straub educates children and parents on abductions. She works with the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center.

“This is one extreme example of a very bad person who did a really bad thing, but look at all the good people who did the right thing in this case,” Straub said. “Jayme was in a situation and she knew it wasn’t OK what was happening to her and she did what she could to get out. And even when she didn’t know that lady walking the dog, she knew that that was a safe adult because that adult wasn’t breaking her safety rules and she knew to go to that adult and get help and that’s what we want kids to know.”

Straub says kids don’t need to know all the details, but this case brings up a huge teaching moment about abductions in general.

Here are some basic tips:

– Tell kids to always check before they go anywhere
– Play and stay with a buddy
– Identify 5 adults you can always go to and talk with and trust
– Trust your gut
– No secrets with adults
– Private areas are private

This sounds like the school is on the right track. I always specifically described who was safe stranger so my kids had a visual idea. People other than the obvious 911, police, fire, etc. A person with a stroller, another Mom on the playground, a teacher, a friends Mom, a doctor, school guidance counselor. That way if they panicked, they didn’t have to think.

Complaint: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Hope this link is ok to post. Please delete if not.

Thanks for posting... that’s a brutal read..

Did JTP not admit he’s on computer during the confession...

——————
The defendant stated he learned the names of the two people he shot and killed after seeing their names reported on multiple news programs and social media.
——————

If that’s his statement he’s obviously on social media looking for something... if not simply to read the details and high five himself..probably not his name but fake account or tied to his computer game?

There is a PO Box set up for the public to send Jayme cards of encouragement. It’s a great way to show Jayme that we never gave up hoping &/or praying that she’d be home safe again. It breaks my heart every time I think about how JP likely told her nobody was looking for her. She needs to see that she’s in the hearts of many of us both nationally and internationally. Here’s the addy!:)

Light the Way Home for Jayme
PO Box 539
Rice Lake, WI

Thanks for posting... that’s a brutal read..

Did JTP not admit he’s on computer during the confession...

——————
The defendant stated he learned the names of the two people he shot and killed after seeing their names reported on multiple news programs and social media.
——————

If that’s his statement he’s obviously on social media looking for something... if not simply to read the details and high five himself..probably not his name but fake account or tied to his computer game?
There's a lot of detail in that document. The first thing that strikes me is description of bloody footprints and the third shotgun shell. In other words, the whole "five foot" thing was a lie. Or am I interpreting this wrong?

How would discussing child abductions with your kids prevent this type of crime. This young idiot basically went to a home in the middle of the night and murdered a teenagers parents.

You can’t prevent that no matter how hard you try.

gitana1Verified Attorney

The parents need to tell their kids to treat her like before and not ask probing questions. And to not bully or allow her to be bullied or there will be swift consequences.
I of course totally agree with the no bullying or intrusive question piece, but I wonder where the line is between treating her like before and her feeling like no one cares what she went through. Like it seems like it would be a strange elephant in the room for no one to ever mention it right? Or maybe that’s just me.

To pretend like nothing happened is NOT helpful. Letting Jayme set the tone is good though. After my stepson was killed when I first had the chance to tell some friends about it, they sat there awkwardly and quiet for a little bit, then asked who wants to play cards. It was NOT helpful. People who told me they cared, listened, and helped when asked, were helpful.

gitana1Verified Attorney

The parents need to tell their kids to treat her like before and not ask probing questions. And to not bully or allow her to be bullied or there will be swift consequences.
Sorry - don’t know exactly how to quote from a previous thread but want to respond to this.

I of course totally agree with the no bullying or intrusive question piece, but I wonder where the line is between treating her like before and her feeling like no one cares what she went through. Like it seems like it would be a strange elephant in the room for no one to ever mention it right? Or maybe that’s just me.
How Jayme Closs' School District Is Preparing for Her Return: ‘There’s No Manual For This’

Diane Tremblay plans to talk to every student in the school district before Jayme Closs returns to school.

“I have a feeling kids aren’t going to know what to say,” Tremblay, superintendent of the Barron Area School District tells PEOPLE. “Kids are kids. There are things that probably shouldn’t be said. We probably need to tell them that.”
[...]
“There is no manual,” Tremblay says. “We’re definitely going to have meetings about meetings to make sure that her re-entry is beautifully smooth and make sure her family is comfortable with it.”

“She’s the kind of kid you want in your classroom,” Tremblay says. “I look forward to knowing her much better. The teachers and the coaches and her friends just all say she’s just a lovely person.”

In the meantime, Tremblay plans to begin researching what to tell her students.

How would discussing child abductions with your kids prevent this type of crime. This young idiot basically went to a home in the middle of the night and murdered a teenagers parents.

True.

Fortunately, this type of crime is incredibly rare. There is nothing the Closs family could have done, as they were never afforded an opportunity to identify the threat.

They never saw this coming.

Child abductions, following more typical patterns, can be successfully prevented in many circumstances.

That’s what people are talking about.

Parents can educate their kids on abductions and teach them that there are bad people out there who prey on children. Teach them to kick and scream and bite and do what they can if they get abducted in a public place were there lots of people around.
Obviously that wouldn't have worked in Jayme's situation since she was taken right from her home and those sorts of abductions are less rare.

IMO

So in digging into this criminal complaint...

I'll reiterate my praise for the Douglas County deputies. Perfect. I didn't know that the deputy who whisked Jayme away was a woman officer. Even better!

On the other hand, I'm a bit perplexed by the amount of evidence that existed all along. The responding deputy in Barron described that Taurus in great detail. Bloody shoe prints. Shotgun shells. Yet the FBI and DCI and Barron combined couldn't come up with anything at all? *scratching head*

I hope they put a message out soon asking for the gifts to stop. Honestly, this is probably just another burden for her. Jayme wanted to help the poor. She’s likely just going to give it all away anyway. Hopefully she can do so guilt-free.
Never underestimate the generosity of strangers! However, I also hope that family friend "JH" enlists the help of a local charity, and/or Jayme's Church to organize and sort the donations. They really are professionals at this type of work, which is probably more of a task than the friend envisioned. These donation centers are also trained on the security necessary to receive and open anonymous packages. Unfortunately, not everything arriving her postal box will be sent with good intentions. MOO

So in digging into this criminal complaint...

I'll reiterate my praise for the Douglas County deputies. Perfect. I didn't know that the deputy who whisked Jayme away was a woman officer. Even better!

On the other hand, I'm a bit perplexed by the amount of evidence that existed all along. The responding deputy in Barron described that Taurus in great detail. Bloody shoe prints. Shotgun shells. Yet the FBI and DCI and Barron combined couldn't come up with anything at all? *scratching head*
The apparent lack of follow up on the car, is the most concerning aspect to me.

That was literally the only link to the killer.

Shotgun shells probably aren’t going to provide a link, especially if they are common.

Same with bloody shoe prints.

The shells and prints will help you build a case once you’ve identified a suspect (matching ones found in his possession), but they won’t point you in his direction.

The only viable way to find this guy, based on the limited evidence they had, was to track down owners of that particular vehicle.

That may or may not have proven fruitful. But still...

Last edited:
The apparent lack of follow up on the car, is the most concerning aspect to me.

That was literally the only link to the killer.

Shotgun shells probably aren’t going to provide a link, especially if they are common.

Same with bloody shoe prints.

The shells and prints will help you build a case once you’ve identified a suspect (matching ones found in his possession), but they won’t point you in his direction.

The only viable way to find this guy, based on the limited evidence they had, was to track down owners of that particular vehicle.

That may or may not have proven fruitful.
That car is what bothers me the most. It was 20 seconds from the scene, and was the only vehicle that was passed on the highway by the deputy. To me, that car should have had the major focus in this, and WHY was it not the Amber Alert car?

That car is what bothers me the most. It was 20 seconds from the scene, and was the only vehicle that was passed on the highway by the deputy. To me, that car should have had the major focus in this, and WHY was it not the Amber Alert car?
I agree. I could absolutely let this go if they didn’t get a good look at it. That would be understandable.

But that charging document provides a pretty specific description as to what the vehicle looked like.

Color me confused.

Never underestimate the generosity of strangers! However, I also hope that family friend "JH" enlists the help of a local charity, and/or Jayme's Church to organize and sort the donations. They really are professionals at this type of work, which is probably more of a task than the friend envisioned. These donation centers are also trained on the security necessary to receive and open anonymous packages. Unfortunately, not everything arriving her postal box will be sent with good intentions. MOO

packages from strangers seems like a huge risk to me. the man arrested isn't the only crazy person out there.

You know, it’s so hard to believe this case was resolved and Jayme was found alive, still only 13 years old. So grateful to all her wonderful extended family and cousins. They all resemble each other. Wonderful people.

As time goes by from her escape, I know there is still going to be attention on how she is doing. This was a very big case and every network covered it.

That amount of attention gives her leverage in self-understanding that she and her family are the victims. I know not every case has that kind of leverage.

I do hope her school friends will put first the day to day aspects of being a friend and fellow school mate, and what happened to her as just an another aspect. There are no perfect kids, and I am sure many of her classmates have stuff they deal with they don’t want to be the cornerstone of their identity at school. The school leadership will set the tone. Hopefully, it will go well, if and when she heads back to the schoolhouse.

No license plate number. Not sure of year and thought it was a Ford. Color maroon, but wasn't it red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail