OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#42

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED

Seems as if Billy may have made a statement that he and or his attorney now regret.
When would Billy have made an “unsworn” statement
Would that have been in a prior “interview” - prior to the 4 Wagners arrest?

@Cool Cats
Just put an @ before the user name and ask your question. You can do it right here in this thread.
Didn't know! No muss no fuss! Very convenient. Thankx Justaboy (I remember being on another site and you posted an imgur of your adding puppy #2. I recognize your pup -- So cute!)

Last edited:
Some articles about Billy Wagner's pre-trial hearing yesterday. Trying to figure out what Collins is talking about.

First pre-trial held for George Wagner III. Says they filed 41 motions yesterday, but the 41 motions had been filed weeks ago. Did Billy's attorneys not file motions for him until now? They also talk as if the 30 gigs of evidence was the first turned over and received it just recently? In previous pre-trial hearings for these cases, attorneys indicated they had already received one large evidence dump. They were supposed to receive a second dump this week, IIRC from Fred Wagner's hearing.

Family patriarch Billy Wagner appears in court for Pike County massacre charges

Are Billy W's attorneys behind the curve on the evidence, motions, etc?

Accused killer Billy Wagner asks Pike County judge to let him speak to his sister

Wagner patriarch permitted to talk to sister, not other family
Some articles about Billy Wagner's pre-trial hearing yesterday. Trying to figure out what Collins is talking about.

First pre-trial held for George Wagner III. Says they filed 41 motions yesterday, but the 41 motions had been filed weeks ago. Did Billy's attorneys not file motions for him until now? They also talk as if the 30 gigs of evidence was the first turned over and received it just recently? In previous pre-trial hearings for these cases, attorneys indicated they had already received one large evidence dump. They were supposed to receive a second dump this week, IIRC from Fred Wagner's hearing.

Accused killer Billy Wagner asks Pike County judge to let him speak to his sister

When evidence is given to

Attorneys for the defense cases aren't allowed to share the evidence they receive from the prosecution, correct?

Thankx. A bit embarrassed asking but where do I go to tag them? Thankx.

I see the answer has been given but in case you don't want to use that feature, you can also PM them. BTW, Gitana is Gitana1. Mercedes also is verified as well as PrairieWind, Alethea and our former go to.. AZLawyer (she's the one we retained and forgot to pay) during the Jodi Arias trial. *HA HA*

DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED

Seems as if Billy may have made a statement that he and or his attorney now regret.

Google "unsworn statement orc"

From Google it seems like an unsworn statement occurs at the end of a trial. Links wont post. JMO

From Google it seems like an unsworn statement occurs at the end of a trial. Links wont post. JMO
Thanks Loomis, I googled it and I see that reference now.
So, there is not statement at this time that we are unaware of. It refers to a possible statement to be made by defendant at a later time.
I was hoping he blurted something incriminating out....

So, there is not statement at this time that we are unaware of. It refers to a possible statement to be made by defendant at a later time.

Yes. I agree. But it seems like most of these motions being filed are common in ORC criminal DP cases.

Here is my transcript from yesterday's hearing.

Summary; Ms. Stephens joined the defense, to assist, at no charge. G3 satisfied w/attys at current time. Defense was provided with 30 gigs of data, court granted rules 12b and 12c, to extend filing. More discovery will be forthcoming. Defense will drop off a drive, when discovery is ready, and prosecution will copy the data to the disc drive, and defense will pick it up. Procedural motions set for oral argument, on Mar. 29, 2019 @ 1:30. Mr. Wagner, is not to have any contact directly or indirectly or through any third parties, with any of his co-defendants.

Attachments

• G3Jan2019Hearing.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 9
Pretty sure George 3 did blurt something incriminating out on the wiretaps (or within ear shot of someone outside their group) when he blurted out on several occasions all about revenge and escape.

If there is a witness testifying, or a wiretap of this in court.....well it can sink their ship. Especially when Juries hear defendant 's own words on wiretaps. Very powerful stuff.

I think we will get trials. At least one.
....My 2 Cents....

But George 4 is in hot water........

Never underestimate a defendant's own words when captured on wiretaps. If this is the case in these trials, it will be incredibly difficult for the defense to overcome. But hey, don't take my word for it, look it up! Very important stuff.

Pike County murders: George Wagner IV ‘most vocal’ about DeWine revenge, prosecutors say

Last edited:

Summary; Ms. Stephens joined the defense, to assist, at no charge. G3 satisfied w/attys at current time. Defense was provided with 30 gigs of data, court granted rules 12b and 12c, to extend filing. More discovery will be forthcoming. Defense will drop off a drive, when discovery is ready, and prosecution will copy the data to the disc drive, and defense will pick it up. Procedural motions set for oral argument, on Mar. 29, 2019 @ 1:30. Mr. Wagner, is not to have any contact directly or indirectly or through any third parties, with any of his co-defendants.

Thanks, rsd1200! Transcribing these is so much more work than it appears. We appreciate it!

It was just a technical move by the defense to remind the judge that Ohio goes not recognize or permit unsworn
statements to be a factor in the jury's decision. The judge will state this in his instructions to the jury at the
conclusion of the testimony in the trial and after closing arguments. JMO

Who is Ms, Stephens, please?

It was just a technical move by the defense to remind the judge that Ohio goes not recognize or permit unsworn
statements to be a factor in the jury's decision. The judge will state this in his instructions to the jury at the
conclusion of the testimony in the trial and after closing arguments. JMO

Thank you SO much!! Can you please answer a question? Are defense attorneys (separate defendants) allowed to share and discuss evidence amongst each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr