Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about from 5 pm to 10 pm?
do you live in a bad area?
....I lived in a bad area growing up--we never had firearms--of course we had a big family and dogs
...I can possibly understand being armed very late at night....
We don't get many visitors, especially unexpectedly. So, I'd warily answer any knock/doorbell after dark. And no, don't live in a bad area, but somewhat rural.

You can’t prevent that no matter how hard you try.

No you can't But I suspect the Parents will be asking themselves why as will the siblings? Was it anything they did overlook etc I suspect they will be reflecting. We don't know the ins and outs of the family. The reason the boys appeared to be left at the home or anything else.

What we do know is that the Mortgage was paid off
The house was in semi refurb electric, insulation etc.
I wouldn't call it squalid at all just unkempt, and untidy in the process of undergoing changes and people packing up their boxes of possessions ready to empty it. Whilst upgrades were going on.

Someone was bothered to put Christmas lights up outside

We know from JLC that JP had visitors whether it be family or friends we don't know- That hardly suggests a complete and utter loner left to his own devices in a 5 bedroomed home.

Last edited:
He was outsmarted by jaymes dog and both parents.. dog didn’t buy bull crap, dad at door didn’t buy bull crap, mom called 911...

I think U make good points lily but also think back to his other two attempts?? He says two many cars or people ?? Wtf. Did he just show up at 7 pm one day... tell me his other two attempts .. did he go through all the license plate shaving bs before those two try’s ?? Can’t help but laugh at him shaving time 3 thinking this is it Jake ....

He could be the luckiest psycho on planet... out with 20 seconds to spare and only 21 yr old in America that isn’t using some form of smartphone... this guy is 10 percent Rambo and 90 percent Gomer Pyle mute.
That's why I believe '''his' plan was to kill everyone except the girl (he didn't know who she was).
As far as the smart phone...that report was from two years ago, so I'm not so sure it's accurate.

Sorry... not sure I follow what this question means, as a response to my message? I don't think I mentioned anything about the car in that particular message? Are you asking me a question or.. ?? What I was answering, in that message, was whoever said that he didn't confess to his actions toward JLC while he held her in Gordon. My reply was that, the CC for Barron wouldn't list his whole confession, only the parts relevent to the charges in Barron County.

Um, ok. My posts would fit into 3 categories. 1) Sharing what I had read from MSM, 2) proposing logical possibilities (with which I often don't agree myself, but which are logically possible) and 3) occasionally sharing my opinion. Perhaps I should label them accordingly?
For example: Someone asked whether JTP could have simply reached in through the window in the door to unlock the door, rather than shooting the deadbolt. I don't know, whether he could have reached or not. Logical possibility: It seems like that wouldn't be a wise choice for him to make since it would leave his arm vulnerable to whatever/whoever was inside.

I don't remember where I read it, but this would fall under the category of sharing what I had read, but not MSM. Might have been BarronBowHunter. Someone implicated that the crime was carried out by more than one person, but that JLC was then being held by one rather mentally challenged man in a remote location. I think it was where he was asking about what charges the man would face. In the category of my opinion: I SINCERELY hope that they have proof that he acted alone. Horrifying to even imagine anyone involved in this horrendous attrocity could still be out there.

BBM. Not sure either with your first two paragraphs here, my reply related to the last part but maybe our confusion with each other's responses comes from the fact we are talking about similar but related posts.

The same person had several posts and one related to a red car and a few other things. You probably read one of the other ones and I was referring to his overall posts and was centering more on the car mentioned in one of them. I am trying to stay within rules here but suffice it to say a red car (and not the challenger) was seen prior to the night of the crimes, per that poster. I was thinking it was in the same post you were referring to possibly.

But in reply to what you were referring to (rather than what I assumed) as bolded and to add to this, I agree with that as well. I recall the night of the escape the sheriff saying he expected more arrests and that they were serving several warrants (paraphrasing). Some of those are probably evidentiary I suppose. I hope as well if he was not the only one involved in this, or who knew, it is being actively pursued.

Again my response to you was related to the red taurus and bow hunter, guess I assumed you would know what I meant, while trying to stay within guidelines.

Anyhow, I was agreeing with you but I guess we were on two different wavelengths... Catching up on other posts, seems like there was a bit of that last night... And some site problems... All is fine :)

I think indoor surveillance systems where you can get a visual of outside and around all areas of the house are a good idea, so you can see who or what is lurking around.
It could of shown the perp. exiting his vehicle with a gun and a quick 911 call while maybe getting in the first shot until LE arrive. It all depends on the situation i guess.

Exactly! This would have been nearly perfect, in many minds, if JP had not been outsmarted by Jayme. IMO in his mind, he feels like he won.

If JTP would have killed JC before she was able to escape and buried or burned her body in the wood stove, Most likely nobody would have ever known what happened IMO. That's a very scary reality. There are many things that made the crime so hard to solve.

1 The perp in this case was very much a loner
2 No obvious connection to the victims (random crime)
3 The crimes was committed some 70+ miles from his home
4 The crimes were committed in a rural area very late at night
5 No forensic or DNA evidence
6perp had a very loose connection to the area where the crime was committed
7 the crime was very fast (i think the perp likely knew to get in and out as quickly as possible from books he has read)
8 many of his own neighbors didn't even know he lived there

i'm sure there are more, very scary. Thankfully there are very few documented crimes like this that have been committed. Though i do suspect that many of these things may be present in past unsolved crimes by unknown perps. I'm sure there are things that LE can learn from this case to help them in the future. all MOO

He was outsmarted by jaymes dog and both parents.. dog didn’t buy bull crap, dad at door didn’t buy bull crap, mom called 911...

I think U make good points lily but also think back to his other two attempts?? He says two many cars or people ?? Wtf. Did he just show up at 7 pm one day... tell me his other two attempts .. did he go through all the license plate shaving bs before those two try’s ?? Can’t help but laugh at him shaving time 3 thinking this is it Jake ....

He could be the luckiest psycho on planet... out with 20 seconds to spare and only 21 yr old in America that isn’t using some form of smartphone... this guy is 10 percent Rambo and 90 percent Gomer Pyle mute.
good call
....his plan is to shoot the parents and take the girl--that sure takes a lot of thought..?
he's caught within 3 months
in a well thought out plan he would not have been caught at all or for years/longer

This is the 1st time I have seen JP's actual resume.
"Authorized to work in the US for any employer"
I don't know why but that just hit me as funny lol.
Alleged killer’s resume revealed

He probably still is "authorized" lol yet they may have a problem with him not being able to leave jail to go to work.

WHO puts that on a resume? Is he saying he is a legal citizen or some such? Odd. And it does give a chuckle. imoo.

Who is Chief Moose? I do not recall that name. Unless I missed out on that one along the way?

ETA: Wait, the sniper killer case? Huh?!
yes =just because the sheriff says something, it's not written in stone/etc

The initial crime of kidnapping and murder feels well
No you can't But I suspect the Parents will be asking themselves why as will the siblings? Was it anything they did overlooked etc I suspect they will be reflecting. We don't know the ins and outs of the family. The reason the boys appeared to be left at the home or anything else.
how about reinforced doors/windows?

methodically
again--''methodically'' is not even close to '''well thought out''

me·thod·i·cal·ly
/məˈTHädək(ə)lē/
adverb
  1. in an orderly or systematic manner.
well1
/wel/
adverb
  1. 1.
    in a good or satisfactory way.
    "the whole team played well"
    synonyms: skillfully, with skill, ably, competently, proficiently, adeptly, adroitly, deftly, dexterously, effectively, expertly, with expertise, admirably, excellently, consummately, professionally
    "he plays the piano well"
  2. in a thorough manner.

Well, if we are supposed to not answer the door, stay away from the door, etc. , it’s just great that the couple that answered the door to let Jayme and the lady with dog in. Right?
It is a bit scarey in today’s world but this crime was so rare and random.

What JP did in total from beginning to end may be rare but it isnt rare for home invasions done by strangers to happen.

Many do knock on the victims door pretending to be looking for someone or pretending they are in need of some type of assistance.

Home invasions done by strangers are drastly on the rise in recent years in just about every state. Many have lead to horrendous results for the multiple victims inside.

Some of the most recent cases we've discussed here have been gruesome overkills of a victim or multiple victims where the suspects were home intruders who were complete stangers to their victims.

They are happening now at all times of the day or night from early morning...mid morning or late at night/early morning around the same time JP struck.

While I cant recall a stranger intruder case that happened in the past year or so that resulted in the kidnapping of one of the victims like JP did to Jayme there have been several where the victim was raped inside of their home before being murdered. This included small children as well as adults.

In the not so distant past they have been several cases where victims were murdered inside of their homes and one or more of the victims were kidnapped by intruders who were strangers. Most ended with the kidnapped victim later found also murdered.

I am so joyful Jayme was able to escape. It truly is such a beautiful miracle.

Imo

Who is Chief Moose? I do not recall that name. Unless I missed out on that one along the way?

ETA: Wait, the sniper killer case? Huh?!
ETA2: Why do I always forget to scroll & roll? Why?!

I was confused, too. Are we allowing name-calling of LE on here now?

The "ignore" button is helpful. It keeps the conversation flowing.

''quite a bit'' of thought does not mean ''well'' thought
an idiot can think for months on something and the plan will still be stupid
bold for emphasis only
Yet he took many steps to ensure no evidence was left at the scene. He made sure his captive could not escape. He abandoned his plan twice because it was too risky.
I believe he planned to get into the home while they were asleep, catching them by surprise so there would be no opportunity to call 911. I don't think he planned for James to come to the door, but he was "prepared" if that should happen. He didn't hesitate to shoot him. But I don't think he planned on ever leaving enough time for anyone in that house to have the chance to hide or make a phone call. Still, he managed to kill Denise and take Jayme and get away from the scene just in time.
That part of the crime was impulsive, as he didn't seem to have a well thought out plan for what to do afterwards. Maybe he planned to just control with fear and intimidation. It did seem to work for awhile.
We have no idea where he kept his victim throughout those few months. We have only heard of 2 or 3 occasions when he left the house and made her go under his bed.
So it's hard to say at this point what his plan on holding her in captivity was. Maybe he expected to be there most of the time, and didn't think of how to keep her there until he had to go out somewhere.
I think his mistake was not realizing she was brave enough to escape.

The Ford Taurus, introduced in 1986, was the best-selling car in the United States from 1992 to 1996. In 1997, after five years at the top, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord bumped the Taurus down to third, according to the New York Times.
Goodbye to the Ford Taurus, the Chariot of my Childhood

Rather than Taurus... why not just do an apb to the public...

There was a Taurus that drove by closs residence at 12:58 on oct 16th. They pulled over and we went past them... we need to talk to that driver ASAP. Did u see anyone at closs home or leaving.. did u see anyone zoom past you leaving town.

If 0 response... it’s s flag ... find the car..
If it’s a townee returning from girlfriend or beer run than it’s nothing...

Surprised after 90 days they wouldn’t say we’re looking for size 11 tactical boot / access to shotgun or something...

They essentially were waiting to find body or second crime... without jayme having mental toughness and grapes to escape.. he’s likely not caught this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong