Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not like Jaycee or Elizabeth in that she was present when both her parents were brutally slaughtered. We don't know details of the 3 months. I don't want to.

It's hard to hear those saying she'll do this or that because she's so strong. That sets a standard she may feel compelled to meet. It's hard to live your life bound by other's expectations. I hope she's allowed to heal with lots of help. Privately.

Wasn't a church involved with having a service? Maybe they'd be able to direct those wanting to help Jayme, or even have a fund or something.

One article said the schools planned to instruct the kids on things to say or not say, as they might innocently blunder and say or do something hurtful. Good idea.

But then, I'd hate to have to live a life where everyone walked on eggshells for fear of my being too fragile. I'm afraid that might annoy me, like no one thought I was strong enough to stand on my own.

And I'm an adult having mixed emotions just reading her dilemma.
Prayers sweet child. May your guardian angel stay close.

See page 8 of the Criminal Complaint. By his own admission:

"The defendant stated he put quite a bit of thought into the details of how he was going to abduct J.L.C."
Jake T Patterson Criminal Complaint (Jayme Closs)

His actions support that statement. He shaved his face and head, he stole the plates from another vehicle and switched them with his own, he disconnected the car's dome light, he cut the cord in the trunk, he bought a balaclava mask, he dressed in all black, he wore gloves when handling the ammunition, etc.

And where did JP find all this out. I don't know about the trunk cord. Accomplices are unlikely because he seem well-read on crime and it is better to act alone. So - where did he learn all of this. The dark web?

Lengthy article but well worth the read.

How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?
Teachers and classmates at his small country school described him as smart and quick-witted — quiet, but not a loner. He had friends and was well-accepted among the 34 members of the Class of 2015 at Northwood School, most of whom had been together since kindergarten.

He played video games, board games — “Risk” was a favorite — and devoured Tom Clancy spy novels.

So what could possibly have transformed this lean, prematurely balding and reserved young man into the alleged perpetrator of a brutal crime that shocked a nation?

“Something just got stuck in his head,” said JM, Patterson’s maternal grandfather. “I can’t imagine anybody thinking about this, let alone doing it.”

In Haugen, a village of about 270 residents some 45 miles south of Gordon and home to Patterson’s mother, DF, few noticed Jake when he visited. “It’s a very close-knit town,” said one resident. “If you haven’t been here three generations, people don’t really know you.”

Frey, who drives a school bus for the nearby Rice Lake district, has lived in town only a short time, but locals know who she is by the bus that’s sometimes parked in front of her home.

“She’s friendly. She’d wave when she went by,” said JH, owner of the Village Grocery. Hill said last week that he didn’t see Jake often, but remembers him stopping in the store occasionally for cigarettes.

“Marlboros,” Hill said.

“It’s profoundly sad. It’s not ordinary sad,” Moyer said softly. “We lost our grandson, too. It’s like a death.”

Said Fisher, Patterson’s best friend: “I’ve been trying to figure it out, and I can’t.”

(names changed to initials by me)[/QUOTE

I cannot accept what his family is paid to say as factual. It makes me ANGRY that they are trying to portray him as a RESERVED " good kis". OMG!!!!!

He was the sociopath who was quiet in school, didn't beat up or stab other kids. Doesn't mean he wasn't doing ( or fantisizing about doing) very sick things which went undetected or were covered up by a parent or other relative at home.

the abusive behavior like using anger to instill fear and control victims is usually learned, although men seem to have that behavior genetically inherited. So probably he was treated that way by someone or saw it on TV.

by 21 if your kid isn't doing something with their life, parents often try tough love, like kicking them out. Maybe PP moved out due to being frustrated with JP. He still allowed him to live rent free. I imagine he must have known JP was not able to live like the average, functional person, so maybe he felt obligated or guilty about kicking him out. He surely was in denial about whatever else was wrong with JP.

One thing- He would perceive " stress" as YOU ANNOYING MAN, JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY AND GROCERIES I DESERVE AND LEAVE NOW.

The house looks like it does because his family may have been eccentric when they lived there.. Later, when it became his property to inhabit, a Sociopath has little to NO need for THINGS beyond their own internal list of pleasurable activities or pursuits whether legal or illegal.

We can probably describe the disorder of the entire setting better than he can by a HUGE measure. HIS world is not OUR world as far as the upkeep of a house or even interest in the house.

What I wonder is " Did his father KNOW this young man was so sick?" He'd had years to form sociopathic traits. He was adept at hiding almost every emotion by this age. But did his dad leave him alone in that house because of fear and possibly loathing?

And where did JP find all this out. I don't know about the trunk cord. Accomplices are unlikely because he seem well-read on crime and it is better to act alone. So - where did he learn all of this. The dark web?
He was more into books and video games AFAIK. It was reported that he spent a lot of time reading survival guides and Tom Clancy spy novels. IIRC, there was a U.S. Armed Forces Survival Guide found in the home. MOO

I recall I said early on: I carry a firearm every day, everywhere (lawful). I'm a certified pistol instructor and rifle(wo)man who trains regularly on the range (as well as in a boxing gym). Yet I'm under no false delusion that I could have survived this.

Few people are prepared to run, fight or engage in a shootout in their home; awakened in the middle of the night, dog barking, guns going off, loved ones screaming...geesh, no.

Sure, I could write some delightful Hollywood script ending where I, although traumatized after seeing my husband shot at close range, still manage to flee with my also traumatized teen; dodging and outrunning bullets, we outsmart the well-prepared/planned and armed perpetrator; plowing our car (which the gunman luckily doesn't hear start) through a closed garage door.

But that's not how real life work, unfortunately.
There's things you can do to help secure your environment, but there's no way to prepare for such a bizarre event as this. And the way real life works, you could walk out your door in the morning and get run over by a moose. That's life!

You don’t need the “dark web” for these kinds of tips.

Books, television, and Google.

Not really... if he was busy storming/searching the house: they could have been driving away.
House search would take 20-30 seconds on
main floor. I know, I have a house similar in size.
I could literally walk in my front door, search every room, closets, under bed, etc and then go down the stairs and into garage be fore someone could get to my garage, hop in car (assuming keys were in it) and open the door.
One scenario would be to dash to car, keys are in it, throw the sucker in reverse and drive right through the garage door while trying to stay low in posture so perp doesn’t shoot me.

Sadly, there is nothing that could change the outcome unless James had a loaded gun in hand and waited for the psycho to enter the house and blast the ship out of him.

She's not like Jaycee or Elizabeth in that she was present when both her parents were brutally slaughtered. We don't know details of the 3 months. I don't want to.

It's hard to hear those saying she'll do this or that because she's so strong. That sets a standard she may feel compelled to meet. It's hard to live your life bound by other's expectations. I hope she's allowed to heal with lots of help. Privately.

Wasn't a church involved with having a service? Maybe they'd be able to direct those wanting to help Jayme, or even have a fund or something.

One article said the schools planned to instruct the kids on things to say or not say, as they might innocently blunder and say or do something hurtful. Good idea.

But then, I'd hate to have to live a life where everyone walked on eggshells for fear of my being too fragile. I'm afraid that might annoy me, like no one thought I was strong enough to stand on my own.

And I'm an adult having mixed emotions just reading her dilemma.
Prayers sweet child. May your guardian angel stay close.
Being optimistic isn't setting a standard. Besides, do you really think she's reading this forum?

This is the 1st time I have seen JP's actual resume.
"Authorized to work in the US for any employer"
I don't know why but that just hit me as funny lol.
Alleged killer’s resume revealed

He was going for day labor jobs - he was indirectly saying: no criminal record, not an undocumented alien. In that line of business, those are the first questions asked.

One thing- He would perceive " stress" as YOU ANNOYING MAN, JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY AND GROCERIES I DESERVE AND LEAVE NOW.

The house looks like it does because his family may have been eccentric when they lived there.. Later, when it became his property to inhabit, a Sociopath has little to NO need for THINGS beyond their own internal list of pleasurable activities or pursuits whether legal or illegal.

We can probably describe the disorder of the entire setting better than he can by a HUGE measure. HIS world is not OUR world as far as the upkeep of a house or even interest in the house.

What I wonder is " Did his father KNOW this young man was so sick?" He'd had years to form sociopathic traits. He was adept at hiding almost every emotion by this age. But did his dad leave him alone in that house because of fear and possibly loathing?

From what’s bizarrely been stated in multiple places... the parents got divorced on 2008, and they moved out, both Deborah and patruck moved out,, The boys stayed behind..... what .....wtf.

The youngest child is 11 and you both move out ... something isn’t being answered.

What was divorce about and who raised jake from 11 to 18....

Again, not blaming parents, but bailing on 11-15 yr old boys doesn’t sound legal : ethical or sane..

Pizza rolls for breakfast/ never clean room and do whatever...

There are some details in this article about JP's earlier years that I don't think I've read before.

The divorce decree provided scant details other than outlining the financial arrangements and joint child custody. Both parents were required to take a class titled “Effects of Divorce on Children.”

Moyer said the divorce bothered Jake, “like it would any kid.” But he’s not sure of the lasting impact.

As Frey moved from one local town to another over the years, Jake began spending more time at his father’s home in Gordon, according to VF, whose son Dylan was a close friend of Jake’s through middle school and high school.

Fisher said to his knowledge, Patterson never dated. In fact, he never discussed the topic. “He never said anything [about girls],” Fisher said. “It never seemed to be a pressing concern.”

Three months after graduating, Patterson headed for the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. But he returned to Gordon after five weeks, a washout as a Marine Corps private.

It was a bitter experience, Patterson’s grandfather said.

“It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”

Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.”

Once back home, Patterson distanced himself from his high school friends.

Fisher said he tried several times to reach him in the months after graduation but never got a response.

“I haven’t talked to him in three years,” Fisher said.
Yeah, I bet it was "internal." Imo

Lengthy article but well worth the read.

Teachers and classmates at his small country school described him as smart and quick-witted — quiet, but not a loner. He had friends and was well-accepted among the 34 members of the Class of 2015 at Northwood School, most of whom had been together since kindergarten.

He played video games, board games — “Risk” was a favorite — and devoured Tom Clancy spy novels.

So what could possibly have transformed this lean, prematurely balding and reserved young man into the alleged perpetrator of a brutal crime that shocked a nation?

“Something just got stuck in his head,” said JM, Patterson’s maternal grandfather. “I can’t imagine anybody thinking about this, let alone doing it.”

In Haugen, a village of about 270 residents some 45 miles south of Gordon and home to Patterson’s mother, DF, few noticed Jake when he visited. “It’s a very close-knit town,” said one resident. “If you haven’t been here three generations, people don’t really know you.”

Frey, who drives a school bus for the nearby Rice Lake district, has lived in town only a short time, but locals know who she is by the bus that’s sometimes parked in front of her home.

“She’s friendly. She’d wave when she went by,” said JH, owner of the Village Grocery. Hill said last week that he didn’t see Jake often, but remembers him stopping in the store occasionally for cigarettes.

“Marlboros,” Hill said.

“It’s profoundly sad. It’s not ordinary sad,” Moyer said softly. “We lost our grandson, too. It’s like a death.”

Said Fisher, Patterson’s best friend: “I’ve been trying to figure it out, and I can’t.”

(names changed to initials by me)
Per the article JP was an average guy until he joined the Marines. Per grandfather
“It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”
Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.” I remember a recruiter telling me years ago (I don't know if it's true) that basic training can exacerbate and bring to full light previously unknown mental health issues. Just a thought.
ETA BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member