Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per the article JP was an average guy until he joined the Marines. Per grandfather
“It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”
Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.” I remember a recruiter telling me years ago (I don't know if it's true) that basic training can exacerbate and bring to full light previously unknown mental health issues. Just a thought.
I observed the same thing, so I definitely agree with that.

Basic training can expose mental issues, but it doesn’t cause them in the first place.

From what’s bizarrely been stated in multiple places... the parents got divorced on 2008, and they moved out, both Deborah and patruck moved out,, The boys stayed behind..... what .....wtf.

The youngest child is 11 and you both move out ... something isn’t being answered.

What was divorce about and who raised jake from 11 to 18....

Again, not blaming parents, but bailing on 11-15 yr old boys doesn’t sound legal : ethical or sane..

Pizza rolls for breakfast/ never clean room and do whatever...

The fact that he and the bro. were left alone with each other only at such young ages, the general condition of what's called " a cabin" in an isolated area, just so MANY things are off about the few facts we think we know about him and maybe WHY he and the bro. were left there.

I know of parents who live in fear that their quiet child will kill them when they sleep. We don't know what he did at home, but since most of us would not move away and leave an animal behind, there's something that started VERY EARLY that was/ is VERY WRONG in that house and in that family, IMO.
And did they take the sister with them? ( Not sleuthing her, wondering if they left her behind).

At what point should we change this post heading and commentary to initials and refer to her as JC?

This is the precedent in other cases here with minors located, I believe.
She’s one of the most well-known people in America right now.

That ain’t changing anytime soon.

Her name is out there, and abbreviations won’t change anything.

but the cops went right by him 20 seconds after he left the house
and they should've stopped the car anyway
Kidnap Suspect Jake Patterson Allegedly Hid Jayme Closs Under His Bed for Hours at a Time
bold for emphasis only
I don't know. I don't think its standard procedure to stop a vehicle that yields to an emergency vehicle on route to the location. I have never seen that done. If he had been seen turning out of the driveway, that would have been a different story. About twenty seconds earlier and he would have been much closer to the driveway. Imo

From what’s bizarrely been stated in multiple places... the parents got divorced on 2008, and they moved out, both Deborah and patruck moved out,, The boys stayed behind..... what .....wtf.

The youngest child is 11 and you both move out ... something isn’t being answered.

What was divorce about and who raised jake from 11 to 18....

Again, not blaming parents, but bailing on 11-15 yr old boys doesn’t sound legal : ethical or sane..

Pizza rolls for breakfast/ never clean room and do whatever...
I thought they stayed with the father after the divorce. And after he paid off the house he moved out, around the time JP went to boot camp. Imo

Just a note on the comments concerning JC and DC escaping. The way most ranch houses are laid out (especially one that small) there is one small hallway that connects bedrooms & bathroom. You would literally find yourself face to face and bumping into anyone in that area. Regardless, it is what it is and no one knows how they would react in such a situation.

Don’t know which web sluether said this feels like Norman bates x 10 probably has a point....

He goes to marines, and 4 weeks in his mom moves to new house and town..

4 weeks in he’s out of marines ?? Why... nobody knows... like most I looked up incongruity... no help.. just didn’t work out not a good fit...

Mom announces she’s getting married ... and taking Frey as last name...

Weeks later jake offs 2 people and kidnaps a child..

She drives a bus, it’s in the news, I’m sure they talked about it, or had to of. Maybe they didn’t ... you drive only one place on the planet consistently for human interaction and that’s your mother..

The house is almost exactly like it was in 2008 .....your driving a 2009 Ford Taurus ...
There’s 3 cars your mom and dad likely both drove that look like they haven’t been driven in a decade and would never be sold.....whole thing is bizarre....

I am not blaming parents... but if your looking for point the train started to go off track .. I guess it’s 2008.... Unless the unfound foster parents, or unfound marine buddies say differently.

Just a note on the comments concerning JC and DC escaping. The way most ranch houses are laid out (especially one that small) there is one small hallway that connects bedrooms & bathroom. You would literally find yourself face to face and bumping into anyone in that area. Regardless, it is what it is and no one knows how they would react in such a situation.
I think part of the argument lies in the fact that people want to believe that they could have survived something like this.

It makes a person feel better.

Unfortunately, I absolutely do not see it that way.

exactly. killing the parents may not have even been planned, but he was prepared in case. because he had been scared off twice before. the impulsivity evolved into a plan over time out of necessity but was still not well planned.
I believe he fully intended to kill James and Denise going in. Would also not be surprised if he viewed that act as a type of psychological warfare over Jayme....look what I'm capable of, I spared you for now but, you have nobody left, your complete existence depends on me, etc. He's playing a role like one of his book or movie characters. JMO

I hope JP rots in a 6 x 9 x 12 cell.

Spot on

Per the article JP was an average guy until he joined the Marines. Per grandfather
“It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”
Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.” I remember a recruiter telling me years ago (I don't know if it's true) that basic training can exacerbate and bring to full light previously unknown mental health issues. Just a thought.
ETA BBM
I think any major change in life can result in the beginning of mental health symptoms. Graduating from high school, going off to college, etc. This is one reason why the Personality Disorders are not diagnosed until age 18. A child can show traits for years and the onset doesn't fully present until a major life change is made. Between that and his failure to make it to boot camp, this may have triggered the beginning of more severe symptoms. Imo

She’s one of the most well-known people in America right now.

That ain’t changing anytime soon.

Her name is out there, and abbreviations won’t change anything.
It might be something to consider if and when the family requests it and stops broadcasting her name and pictures all over social media. Otherwise, you're right - initials won't change anything.

It might be something to consider if and when the family requests it and stops broadcasting her name and pictures all over social media. Otherwise, you're right - initials won't change anything.
Oh yeah. I’m not saying that I oppose it, just that I personally don’t think it will expose her to less media attention.

I’m all for giving her and her family everything they want.

That's my problem with his confession. I don't think we have all the facts. He seems to be truthful about what happened at the abduction site. There is at least one discrepancy about what occurred in the cabin: he said he struck the wall, she said he struck her back with a hard instrument. As for prior to the abduction, all we have is his word. He admits to approaching JLC's home 3 times until the right opportunity arose (look how smart I am!), it follows he would stalked other girls that ended up not meeting his criteria - big family, bunch of huge dogs, burglary alarm, some behavior of hers he didn't like.

While we are at it - we don't know this was his first time. Yet given the poor planning at the cabin, I think so.
I think JP used both verbal and physical assaults on Jayme during the entire time she was captive. JMO

You're right....we don't know the facts of those 88 days, and I for one do not want to. The CC alone gave me nightmares. I can only pray that in time Jayme can learn to heal from them as well. MOO

Don’t know which web sluether said this feels like Norman bates x 10 probably has a point....

He goes to marines, and 4 weeks in his mom moves to new house and town..

4 weeks in he’s out of marines ?? Why... nobody knows... like most I looked up incongruity... no help.. just didn’t work out not a good fit...

Mom announces she’s getting married ... and taking Frey as last name...

Weeks later jake offs 2 people and kidnaps a child..

She drives a bus, it’s in the news, I’m sure they talked about it, or had to of. Maybe they didn’t ... you drive only one place on the planet consistently for human interaction and that’s your mother..

The house is almost exactly like it was in 2008 .....your driving a 2009 Ford Taurus ...
There’s 3 cars your mom and dad likely both drove that look like they haven’t been driven in a decade and would never be sold.....whole thing is bizarre....

I am not blaming parents... but if your looking for point the train started to go off track .. I guess it’s 2008.... Unless the unfound foster parents, or unfound marine buddies say differently.
Apparently they filed for divorce a few years before that but decided to stay together for the sake of the kids. I don't remember where I read that though.
At any rate it seems like the father was the primary caretaker. Maybe JP saw that as abandonment by the mom. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam