Talya Torres, 18, Atlanta,GA,college student's remains found in burning car, 9 January 2019

dotr

Reaction score
Talya-Torres.jpg

Investigators hunt for murder suspect after 18-year-old student found dead, burned in car just days after leaving home for college
"Authorities in Georgia are looking for leads days after a young woman’s remains were found inside of her burning vehicle.

According to WSB, authorities were able to identify 18-year-old Talya Torres as the victim and tracked her stolen debit card to a bank nearby the spot in East Point where he body was found.

Investigators say a suspect is seen on surveillance footage getting out of a vehicle and entering a BB&T branch where he used the card to withdraw money from an ATM.

Officials have been circulating images of the suspect in hopes that it leads to a tip regarding his identity or whereabouts."
“Somebody’s going to know those shoes,” she said after viewing the suspect’s distinctive garments. “Somebody knows that person.”

"Haynes said viewing images of the burning car where her daughter died has left an indelible mark on her. Investigators further noted a badge the suspect was wearing and a backpack they believe could provide the key to identifying him.

“Somebody please help me find out who did this to my baby,” the mother said."

rbbm.
18-year-old college student identified as woman murdered, found in burning car
Police now want to find a man who used her debit card hours after Talya Torres' murder.
"And just knowing that my baby was in it ... she was in there," Haynes said. "I just want her to say, 'Mommy.'"
Bank%20surveillance_1547674096876.jpg_14240511_ver1.0.jpg

Someone dropped him off at the BB&T bank in the Camp Creek Marketplace, where he walked to an ATM and used Torres' card."
"The car went up at 1 a.m. and the card was used at 4 a.m.," Haynes said. "Somebody's gonna know those shoes. Somebody knows that person."

The man had on a backpack and detectives are trying to identify a badge he had on.

"It's taken a piece of my heart. It's taken my only daughter," Haynes said.

Haynes said her daughter had just moved out three days before she was murdered. Torres moved to midtown Atlanta to be closer to school."
DxEF4YVUYAAFNMm.jpg

Tom Jones (@TomJonesWSBTV) | Twitter

Horrifying video of fire..
Police investigating after body found in burning car
"People who watched it burn say firefighters had a hard time putting it out. Once the fire was contained, that's when they discovered the body.

Rolando Gray lives in the area and told Jones he woke up and saw the car on fire, then heard the tires exploding.

“It's kind of weird to see a burning car, (in the) middle of the night, so it's kind of suspicious. You would figure something like that is going on, trying to get rid of some evidence or something. That's kind of weird,” Gray said.

Police say the body was burned beyond recognition."
rbbm

Just a matter of time before this suspect is identified and secured. Justice would be that he suffers the same fate he provided poor Tayla. It's a pity he won't.

JP Crickets has stores in Palm Beach, New York, Italy and they are based in Atlanta, Georgia, I think, from what I've read. Will try to find location in Atlanta.
JP velvet shoes are available online or at Brooks Brothers stores. There are 5 Brooks Brothers stores in Atlanta. Two are at ATL airport, one on Concourse E, one on College Park ATL. 3 others, one on Dunwoody Rd, two on Peachtree Rd. The BB & T Bank at Camp Creek is near the ATL Airport. Not familiar with area at all, just using maps. Her car was set on fire east of the Greenbriar Mall which is small to me but has a Macy's which sells black velvet smoking slippers like Alexander McQueens. Much development there but nearby bank open green spaces with creeks west of this area. Looks beautiful but remote.

they should check the surveillance video from the mall. hopefully people report any sightings of this individual.

IMG_1034.JPG This is weird, first pic of poi looks like no gold on left shoe, second pic has gold on both. Did the poi go to use the card twice and lose a tassel if that's what it is? Ferucci makes a velvet slipper with gold embroidered tassels. I'll find a pic.

There likely are "knock-offs" of these expensive footwear sold at some stores.

I'm not sure if these identical ones are available in a cheaper model - just thinking out loud.

Hoping and praying that the police identify and find this monster soon.

I had to type the word "monster" because "person" doesn't seem to fit this scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back