Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme Closs’ parents were a ‘barrier’ to killer’s goal of abducting young girl, shot dead because they were in the way: Sheriff
The Bemidji Pioneer reports that prior to police arriving, Jayme reportedly told Nutter that the man who abducted her was once in the military, killed her parents, and “turns the radio up and sometimes has people come over while he is gone.”
Just found that and I'm wondering. There were visits of other people, when he wasn't present?
I don't think so. We have seen some articles that have had inaccurate details so it's hard to say.
As far as we know Jayme said that when Patterson's father came to the house on Saturdays, he would make her go under his bed and turned the music up in his room. Probably so his dad couldn't hear if she made noise, and maybe so she couldn't hear their conversation. Imo

I thought she just moved to Haugen in 2018 when she got remarried? Not sure where she lived and worked before that. Also, what age is driving age in WI? JTP was 12 at the divorce but his siblings were both older and could have driven him until he got his license. JMO.

Yes I don't think she lived in Haugen long, but the articles say, "Whatever the answer, it lies along the stretch of Hwy. 53 that runs roughly 100 miles from Barron, Wis., to the shores of Lake Superior.

It’s here where the 21-year-old Patterson spent most of his days, living in a series of small towns dotting the highway before settling in at his father’s remote cabin 9 miles east of Gordon."

So if he moved along a 100 mile stretch, that's potentially a long commute to school.
Driving age in Wisconsin is 16. I suppose it's possible that they left the transportation in the hands of the oldest one in school at the time.

Oops. ETA link. How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?

Thinking about this idea that he may have had people over, certainly his dad, while she was imprisoned under the bed....what do you suppose he would have done had she called out for help? (Not suggesting that she should have.) Would he have killed his own father and/or friends to keep them from finding her?

Thinking about this idea that he may have had people over, certainly his dad, while she was imprisoned under the bed....what do you suppose he would have done had she called out for help? (Not suggesting that she should have.) Would he have killed his own father and/or friends to keep them from finding her?
I’ve thought about the same thing.

We don’t know enough about him in order to make an educated guess.

It all depends on his psychology.

I could just as easily see him sitting down and awaiting for police to arrive, as I could see him killing whoever was there, and going on the run with Jayme.

This sums up what I said in my post when I said it's Her choice and I believe like you She will do it. Your quote repeated below.
I believe she will do exactly as every human does: THE
VERY BEST SHE CAN TO LIVE A HAPPY, CENTERED, FULL LIFE.

Isn't it great when WSers are on the same page emotionally! My post came from my heart, my memories and my hopes for Jayme and everyone who survives a life-threatening sudden trauma. I'm sure your post was exactly as heartfelt for her future and recovery to thrive and excel.

Thanks for your comment and support in the above quoted post. :) I really appreciate it and after reading some misleading and ultimately disappointing info in the news about another case which brought me back here tonight, I am signing off.

Bonne nuit, my friends.

Didn't he say after two weeks and feeling confident he put the shotgun in a car outside. But, I don't know if he had other weapons in the house.

Didn't he say after two weeks and feeling confident he put the shotgun in a car outside. But, I don't know if he had other weapons in the house.
He did. Law enforcement also said that they recovered other guns from the residence.

We don’t know how many, or what type though.

Isn't it great when WSers are on the same page emotionally! My post came from my heart, my memories and my hopes for Jayme and everyone who survives a life-threatening sudden trauma. I'm sure your post was exactly as heartfelt for her future and recovery to thrive and excel.

Thanks for your comment and support in the above quoted post. :) I really appreciate it and after reading some misleading and ultimately disappointing info in the news about another case which brought me back here tonight, I am signing off.

Bonne nuit, my friends.
Good night.

I don't think so. We have seen some articles that have had inaccurate details so it's hard to say.
As far as we know Jayme said that when Patterson's father came to the house on Saturdays, he would make her go under his bed and turned the music up in his room. Probably so his dad couldn't hear if she made noise, and maybe so she couldn't hear their conversation. Imo

If you read into what jayme said he makes me go under bed for dads visits.. that implies on other days she can move around ?? Correct ??

The weekly visits was that for money ??? Grocery shopping... what was conversation??

He took dads mossberg shotgun from dad for 88 days..... a failed marine who quit a cheese job .... really nobody saw nothing...

The 4 cars in yard, the decaying snowmobile.. entire planet texting but him, really nothing.. I’m thinking there were a couple signs... dude needs therapy or Vegas.

He’s closest to his mom ? Correct ? Did he go to wedding in November??

I’m not absolving him, but please scan brain and study after death...

Grandpa said he failed marines cause of internal problem... is that his chi is off, or dudes got asthma.....

Every answer is more questions..... he didn’t quit marines day 2 , he’s booted day 35??
Maybe marine incident was scaring...like a fight with fellow marine .. I don’t
Know.....

mommy pommy or anyone got answers above please lemme know

Yes I don't think she lived in Haugen long, but the articles say, "Whatever the answer, it lies along the stretch of Hwy. 53 that runs roughly 100 miles from Barron, Wis., to the shores of Lake Superior.

It’s here where the 21-year-old Patterson spent most of his days, living in a series of small towns dotting the highway before settling in at his father’s remote cabin 9 miles east of Gordon."

So if he moved along a 100 mile stretch, that's potentially a long commute to school.
Driving age in Wisconsin is 16. I suppose it's possible that they left the transportation in the hands of the oldest one in school at the time.

Oops. ETA link. How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?

Oh, I can't read that- it wants me to subscribe (I know there are ways around that but I don't feel like clearing my cache right now).

Does it say they lived in Barron at some point? That statement of 100 miles is a little deceptive IMO as it's going from Barron where the murders occurred all the way to Superior (40 miles north of Gordon).

There are almost 20 miles between Barron and Haugen.
Haugen to Gordon is 47 miles.
Haugen to Minong is 37 miles.
Minong to Gordon is 10 miles.

The reporter could only get 100 miles if they include his grandparent's house in Superior where he said he went for Christmas-- 40 miles from Gordon.

My guess is they lived much closer to where he went to school-- if he lived with one of his parents that is. IDK, though.
Google Maps

if that was the case, why wouldn't he just abduct her from a less secure location where he wouldn't rack up two intentional murder charges? IMO it's bc he is a coward and feels powerless, is not smart or clever and is intimidated by authority.

Jayme Closs’ parents were a ‘barrier’ to killer’s goal of abducting young girl, shot dead because they were in the way: Sheriff
The Bemidji Pioneer reports that prior to police arriving, Jayme reportedly told Nutter that the man who abducted her was once in the military, killed her parents, and “turns the radio up and sometimes has people come over while he is gone.”
Just found that and I'm wondering. There were visits of other people, when he wasn't present?

I have wondered about too! I think he may have and already planned how to cover up doing it if the need arose.

I was thinking if someone found her under the bed that JTP might have tried to lie and say she was his girlfriend and used a different name for her. I thought that might be part of why he wanted to keep her without using physical restraints-- so he could lie to his family if he got caught, and perhaps eventually even thinking he could brainwash her enough to introduce her to them? Obviously this most likely would not work since Jayme became so well known and her photos were everywhere (and if she was crying and asking for help it probably would not fly either). But I can see JTP thinking it would be a viable plan to simply lie and not have to kill his family members. JMO.

Oh, I can't read that- it wants me to subscribe (I know there are ways around that but I don't feel like clearing my cache right now).

Sorry... I didn't have any problem with it and I'm not a subscriber.

Does it say they lived in Barron at some point? That statement of 100 miles is a little deceptive IMO as it's going from Barron where the murders occurred all the way to Superior (40 miles north of Gordon).

It didn't get specific.
I think his father lives in Superior? (Not sure.) Maybe he did live there some of the time, with his father or grandparents.

I was thinking if someone found her under the bed that JTP might have tried to lie and say she was his girlfriend and used a different name for her. I thought that might be part of why he wanted to keep her without using physical restraints-- so he could lie to his family if he got caught, and perhaps eventually even thinking he could brainwash her enough to introduce her to them? Obviously this most likely would not work since Jayme became so well known and her photos were everywhere (and if she was crying and asking for help it probably would not fly either). But I can see JTP thinking it would be a viable plan to simply lie and not have to kill his family members. JMO.

Have no idea what he would do, and what he was thinking...

When he was 15 his older his brother was found guilty of 4th degree sexual assault. I’m sure he took note on how his family reacted to his brother pretending to be somebody else to have sex with teen girl. And possibly took notes on what Erik did right and what he did wrong.

Jake was financially dependent on his parents for every aspect of his life... if there’s 2 people he wouldn’t kill its them.

If brother or sister made the discovery ... who knows what hed do.

If you read into what jayme said he makes me go under bed for dads visits.. that implies on other days she can move around ?? Correct ??

The weekly visits was that for money ??? Grocery shopping... what was conversation??

He took dads mossberg shotgun from dad for 88 days..... a failed marine who quit a cheese job .... really nobody saw nothing...

The 4 cars in yard, the decaying snowmobile.. entire planet texting but him, really nothing.. I’m thinking there were a couple signs... dude needs therapy or Vegas.

He’s closest to his mom ? Correct ? Did he go to wedding in November??

I’m not absolving him, but please scan brain and study after death...

Grandpa said he failed marines cause of internal problem... is that his chi is off, or dudes got asthma.....

Every answer is more questions..... he didn’t quit marines day 2 , he’s booted day 35??
Maybe marine incident was scaring...like a fight with fellow marine .. I don’t
Know.....

mommy pommy or anyone got answers above please lemme know
The Marines break you down from the life you know and build you back up to their life of not being able to do anything unless you are told. This is done for discipline and strength. For some people who are so use to doing things they want and never following rules or having discipline in their lives it is very hard or even impossible. Starting with the first night and moving forward people drop out. They are then separated from their unit (hospital, separation area ) until their papers come through to discharge them from the Marines. This could take weeks or longer. So he could have been separated on day 2 but not discharged until day 35.

Have no idea what he would do, and what he was thinking...

When he was 15 his older his brother was found guilty of 4th degree sexual assault. I’m sure he took note on how his family reacted to his brother pretending to be somebody else to have sex with teen girl. And possibly took notes on what Erik did right and what he did wrong.

Jake was financially dependent on his parents for every aspect of his life... if there’s 2 people he wouldn’t kill its them.

If brother or sister made the discovery ... who knows what hed do.

His brother claimed he thought the girl was 17 (she was 15) and he only got a year probation:
According to court records, six years ago, when Erik Patterson was 18, he drove from Gordon to Buffalo City, nearly three hours away, to meet a 15-year-old girl and have sex with her. The girl told police she met Erik three weeks earlier on "an online chat site." Erik told police he "thought she was 17." In Erik's car, police found several maps, clothes and a police scanner.

Erik Patterson was charged with criminal sexual assault in the second degree, but the charge was reduced to fourth degree. He pled no contest and got a year probation.
Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother

I agree that JTP could have learned from that is all you have to do is lie. I have to wonder how his parents reacted to his brother's charges?

MOO.

Random thought...

I was just wondering how Jayme is doing these last few days and realizing that while it was obvious from the beginning that her parents are not ever coming back considering they were murdered right in front of her, she may just now start experiencing some other losses concretely as she is now back in the free world and trying to adjust back as best as possible. Meaning it’s now that she will experience these losses further when her parents can’t be there for certain things. I don’t know how and if she recovers after the shock of something like this, but if that somehow starts to dissipate and morph into a new stage of grief, I think reality can only continue to hit her harder like a ton of bricks as she starts to resume some type of “normalcy”.

Last edited:
Random thought...

I was just windering how Jayme is doing these last few days and realizing that while it has been obvious to date that her parents are gone considering they were murdered right in front of her, she may just now start experiencing some other losses concretely as she is now back in the free world and trying to adjust back as best as possible. Meaning it’s now that she will experience these losses further when her parents can’t be there for certain things. I don’t know how and if she recovers after the shock of something like this, by if that somehow starts to dissipate I think reality can only continue to hit her harder like a ton of bricks as she starts to resume some type of “normalcy”.
Yup. Sadly, I think you’re right.

Those three months were about fear and survival. Now that she is finally safe, she will be able to process the loss that she has suffered.

Fortunately, she has a loving family surrounding her. Hopefully that helps.

Yup. Sadly, I think you’re right.

Those three months were about fear and survival. Now that she is finally safe, she will be able to process the loss that she has suffered.

Fortunately, she has a loving family surrounding her. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for for explaining well what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong