Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Thread #30
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39

Thread #40
Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE OFF TOPIC STORIES! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JAYME. FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR OFF TOPIC STORY TO A PRIVATE CONVERSATION. IF ANYONE POSTS THEIR PERSONAL OFF TOPIC STORY WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC TIMEOUT.

Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Charges: Suspect taped Jayme's hands, ankles, dragged her to car
A jailed Patterson appeared Monday afternoon via video hookup in Barron County District Court, where he heard the charges against him in connection with the deaths of James and Denise Closs and the abduction of Jayme, who sought help along a road near Gordon upon escape.

Judge James Babler agreed with the prosecution and set bail at $5 million for Patterson, pointing out the seriousness of the charges, the prospect of spending life in prison if convicted and the great lengths the defendant went to conceal the crimes while a fugitive. The defense requested an unspecified lesser amount.

Decked in full jail orange, Patterson sat at a table with a member of his defense team to his right and the charging document in front of him over the 9-minute hearing and answered every question from the judge calmly and with full understanding. He sat with his hands folded at his waist, adjusting his glasses and rubbing his face.

Prosecutors also said Monday afternoon that additional charges based on unspecified allegations could be coming out of Douglas County, where the Patterson property is located, before the defendant is back in Barron County Circuit Court in Barron on Feb. 6.

65 off topic posts were removed on the previous thread last night. That is unacceptable and unfair to members who follow the rules. Continuing to derail the thread will result in the loss of posting privileges.

Please stick to discussing the case at hand rather than branching out with discussion of miscellaneous topics such as urination withholding practices of doctors, pilots, teachers, etc.

Do not bring your own personal anecdotes or information into your posts. Viewers and readers are here to read about Jayme not about our member's personal lives.

Last edited:
I believe when somebody has too much time on their hands it just makes for trouble. JP applied for jobs but still couldn't hold one down even when he got one.

As far as mental health is concerned, you end up going crazy and getting into trouble when you have too much time on your hands. You need some goals and ambition in life. Responsibilities.

Maybe it has been discussed before, apologies if it has been, but I just now noticed the deputies were actually in the dispatch center when the call came in per the complaint. At least it says Pressley and other deputies were. This was something I know some wondered about back in the day when discussing how they came from the same direction, etc.

Good morning.

In one of the recent prior theads, a fabulous article was posted:

When Your Child Is a Psychopath

(I apologize as I can’t remember who posted it.)

Anyway the article was fabulous and worth a read for anyone who missed it. I had posted that our Late Great @Foxfire would have especially appreciated the article....well look what I found last night when I was looking through Foxfire’s posts, check this out:

Psychologists now believe fledgling psychopaths can be identified as early as kindergarten. The hope is to teach these children empathy ...

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?

One day last summer, Anne and her husband, Miguel, took their 9-year-old son, Michael, to a Florida elementary school for the first day of what the family chose to call “summer camp.” For years, Anne and Miguel have struggled to understand their eldest son, an elegant boy with high-planed cheeks, wide eyes and curly light brown hair, whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment. Michael’s eight-week program was, in reality, a highly structured psychological study — less summer camp than camp of last resort.

<snipped - read more>
Source link:
Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

Last edited:
I believe when somebody has too much time on their hands it just makes for trouble. JP applied for jobs but still couldn't hold one down even when he got one.

As far as mental health is concerned, you end up going crazy and getting into trouble when you have too much time on your hands. You need some goals and ambition in life. Responsibilities.

His profile strikes me as that of someone with antisocial personality disorder. Unstable relationships, inability to hold down a job despite normal intelligence. The only thing that doesn't really fit is that his family thought he was normal -- usually the family knows that there is some sort of problem, even if they don't really appreciate the full extent of it.

Prayer service held at Jayme Closs' church to celebrate her return - Video
Hundreds of people from Barron and the surrounding communities gathered at the church Sunday. After nearly three months in captivity, the community was excited to celebrate at the place Closs received her first communion and started her religious education.

Until Oct. 15, Closs was in the 8th grade class of PG, the Parish Director.

“Denise was a sweet person to me, so I’m sad,” said Gerber. “I’m sad that she’s not here and just so ecstatic when Jayme came home and then for a split second my heart dropped almost in tears of mourning that her mom wasn’t here to welcome her home in her arms.”

The prayer service intended to bring closure for Jayme, her family, her friends and those on the front lines leading the investigation to bring her home safely.

“They can hold their heads high because they have responded well because they’ve had the eyes of the nation upon them and they have remained strong in their hope. They need to hold their heads high tonight,” said Father John Gerritts.

Jayme herself was not ready to attend the service Sunday, but the event was videotaped and will be given to her to view at a time when she’s comfortable watching it.

It's hard to really dissect human beings. Our perspectives can differ about somebody over time or even in a specific environment because we change. We are always evolving.

At the end of the day Jayme fought her way back to freedom. Very brave. All the other bull is just that, . News and articles make it seem like JP went to extreme measures to pull off a perfect kidnapping but really he didnt. He was a clown who ultimately admitted he did it as soon as a cop stopped him.

I think of JP and I think that he was born a sweet baby like all of us and life happened to him. I am so sad that he never knew or will know the love that Jayme has known from her family and the community. He has nothing but hate coming his way forever and I cannot comprehend what that is like. Hate only causes more hate, only love conquers hate. I hope this little response isn't considered off topic. IMO

It states in one article that he scanned room for other people?? Then another article it says he went to other rooms ... scanning would be easy.. and stay in 5 ft ?? Does mommy Pom know or y’all know...

Also if y’all read the lingo on first person shooter... it syncs up to his confession.,
This child of divorce, thinks he’s still 11 and still in military.. in his statements he explains why he choose mossberg shotgun.. and then answers like he’s playing game..
Don’t know if it’s counter strike or what but no of them have mossbergs... and no of the message boards have banter, hit the head on those... then move on.

A lot of info in confession wasn’t asked he simply salivating to talk about...

Does mommy Pom know the FPS game he played ?? Last time played ?? Oh and when he found out about mom marriage..?

I think of JP and I think that he was born a sweet baby like all of us and life happened to him. I am so sad that he never knew or will know the love that Jayme has known from her family and the community. He has nothing but hate coming his way forever and I cannot comprehend what that is like. Hate only causes more hate, only love conquers hate. I hope this little response isn't considered off topic. IMO

I have moments I wonder what caused him to do this and what in his life brought him to this point and feel some sympathy but then I think he could have stopped at ANY time. If his accounts are true this was his third attempt and even then, once he saw that he was in real life and not a movie and Jim lay dead, I feel (no expert) a normal person would have realized what the he// they just did and stopped or bolted. He did not have to continue on. He made conscious decisions to do so many times. And that makes it hard for me to have sympathy. Hate on hate does not help anything as you say but I am not sure love would help someone like this at this point. Only my non-expert opinion. I do understand your feelings though.

It states in one article that he scanned room for other people?? Then another article it says he went to other rooms ... scanning would be easy.. and stay in 5 ft ?? Does mommy Pom know or y’all know...

Also if y’all read the lingo on first person shooter... it syncs up to his confession.,
This child of divorce, thinks he’s still 11 and still in military.. in his statements he explains why he choose mossberg shotgun.. and then answers like he’s playing game..
Don’t know if it’s counter strike or what but no of them have mossbergs... and no of the message boards have banter, hit the head on those... then move on.

A lot of info in confession wasn’t asked he simply salivating to talk about...

Does mommy Pom know the FPS game he played ?? Last time played ?? Oh and when he found out about mom marriage..?
Did the sheriff say that he only stepped five feet into the house?

“But if I’m in your house for minutes and I only step five feet inside your home I’m probably not going to leave a big footprint.”
Police Reveal Puzzling New Details in Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Kidnapping

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions about what game(s) he played and when, or when he learned about his mother's marriage. I don't know. :(

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member