Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of JP and I think that he was born a sweet baby like all of us and life happened to him. I am so sad that he never knew or will know the love that Jayme has known from her family and the community. He has nothing but hate coming his way forever and I cannot comprehend what that is like. Hate only causes more hate, only love conquers hate. I hope this little response isn't considered off topic. IMO

Those are good sentiments... nobody knows what his house was like... leading up to divorce...and after...and how he reacted....

It doesn’t appear he handled it well, or marine failure...or chemical imbalance he didn’t control...

I do think u can learn from it ...see where it ultimately went off tracks.....he was buying alcohol and cigarettes, and applying for job, there was somebody still there within him however small, and parents seeing him weekly so there was still an effort made there.. I dunno with no real info past age 18....

I have moments I wonder what caused him to do this and what in his life brought him to this point and feel some sympathy but then I think he could have stopped at ANY time. If his accounts are true this was his third attempt and even then, once he saw that he was in real life and not a movie and Jim lay dead, I feel (no expert) a normal person would have realized what the he// they just did and stopped or bolted. He did not have to continue on. He made conscious decisions to do so many times. And that makes it hard for me to have sympathy. Hate on hate does not help anything as you say but I am not sure love would help someone like this at this point. Only my non-expert opinion. I do understand your feelings though.

I’m curious how he decided that six shotgun shells would do the job. Did that have anything to do with waiting it out?

I’m curious how he decided that six shotgun shells would do the job. Did that have anything to do with waiting it out?
I think he had a general idea of how many people were in that home, it was a small house after all.

A shotgun is a devastating weapon, especially at close range. That was all he would have needed.

I think he had a general idea of how many people were in that home, it was a small house after all.

A shotgun is a devastating weapon, especially at close range. That was all he would have needed.

I agree.

Interestingly enough it is also mentioned in the criminal complaint that he had brought a kitchen knife from home that was in his pocket, not sure what his plan was for that - maybe just to cut the tape.

I agree.

Interestingly enough it is also mentioned in the criminal complaint that he had brought a kitchen knife from home that was in his pocket, not sure what his plan was for that - maybe just to cut the tape.
Yeah, he would have brought that to cut the tape, and possibly, as a backup weapon.

I wonder this too--he claims he knew nothing about the family or who they were or how many people would be there right...? Doesn't fit. He couldn't know he would not have a shoot out with cops or any number of things. I take his word for nothing. I fully believe he stalked, whether online, in person or both... I am also unsure he saw her getting on the bus as the first time he noticed her... I just reread the complaint and unless a typo or easily made mistake it has him behind the school bus when she got on. That is the wrong direction if he was working a day shift. I would also have to look it up but I would think she would be getting on the bus not long before 8 a.m., she is close to the school and I would think a factory shift would start at 7 maybe? Just curious but it still brings questions...

His profile strikes me as that of someone with antisocial personality disorder. Unstable relationships, inability to hold down a job despite normal intelligence. The only thing that doesn't really fit is that his family thought he was normal -- usually the family knows that there is some sort of problem, even if they don't really appreciate the full extent of it.
Denial is a powerful force. Not many were coming around, distancing themselves from dealing with things besides just James, like ruins of their former lives. It was easier to procrastinate dealing with all their left behind stuff, so they left J to live with the mess. And hopefully grow out of his failure to get with normal life pursuits. Nobody knew what to do so they procrastinated, like with the house, and hoped it would resolve itself. IMO

I wonder this too--he claims he knew nothing about the family or who they were or how many people would be there right...? Doesn't fit. He couldn't know he would not have a shoot out with cops or any number of things. I take his word for nothing. I fully believe he stalked, whether online, in person or both... I am also unsure he saw her getting on the bus as the first time he noticed her... I just reread the complaint and unless a typo or easily made mistake it has him behind the school bus when she got on. That is the wrong direction if he was working a day shift. I would also have to look it up but I would think she would be getting on the bus not long before 8 a.m., she is close to the school and I would think a factory shift would start at 7 maybe? Just curious but it still brings questions...
I believe his account.

Everything fits, especially when taking into account his personality.

He appears to be impulsive and volatile.

I’m actually surprised that he was capable of taking a step back, and not carrying out this attack at an earlier date, when he was admittedly outside their home.

He planned this crime well, atleast in regards to how he was going to carry it out. The execution itself was brazen, if not flat-out reckless.

I’m shocked that he even prepared to the extent he did, and would be floored if he had the capacity to go further than that.

He’s not a criminal mastermind, but he got the most out of his limited thinking abilities.

I'm also curious what his thought was here. While 6 shot gun shells is certainly more than enough for his intention in the Closs house. However, was he that confident he was going to get away (like he did)? Did he ever consider a scenario where LE had him blocked in his vehicle, or surrounding his home? I believe it was stated in the complaint, when asked, that he WOULD have engaged with the police.

I wonder this too--he claims he knew nothing about the family or who they were or how many people would be there right...? Doesn't fit. He couldn't know he would not have a shoot out with cops or any number of things. I take his word for nothing. I fully believe he stalked, whether online, in person or both... I am also unsure he saw her getting on the bus as the first time he noticed her... I just reread the complaint and unless a typo or easily made mistake it has him behind the school bus when she got on. That is the wrong direction if he was working a day shift. I would also have to look it up but I would think she would be getting on the bus not long before 8 a.m., she is close to the school and I would think a factory shift would
start at 7 maybe? Just curious but it still brings questions...

Same here... my main question is when did mom say marriage happening...

Was it close to murder/kidnapping... doubt it was same day but you can’t rule it out..

I think he choose house cause Jamye and b because it’s last house hidden from road...
They know when he bought ski mask... .. was that day before crime..or week before..?

Literally takes 2 seconds to search from moms home who lives at jaymes house... could be cop or guy with 2 nutjob sons who love guns... there’s info out there .. and I think your spot on... shotgun is brutal but it’s also over if they shoot u within one ..

I'm also curious what his thought was here. While 6 shot gun shells is certainly more than enough for his intention in the Closs house. However, was he that confident he was going to get away (like he did)? Did he ever consider a scenario where LE had him blocked in his vehicle, or surrounding his home? I believe it was stated in the complaint, when asked, that he WOULD have engaged with the police.
He planned to get away with this.

His statement to police that he would have engaged them, was made after the fact.

I don’t think he seriously considered this beforehand. If it came to that point, he had failed anyways.

That was bravado.

To add to my comment. I guess it's also possible he only took what was available to him. That he made the choice not to purchase additional ammo. Had there been more ammo available (his dads, I believe), he would have taken it.

I believe his account.

Everything fits, especially when taking into account his personality.

He appears to be impulsive and volatile.

I’m actually surprised that he was capable of taking a step back, and not carrying out this attack at an earlier date, when he was admittedly outside their home.

He planned this crime well, atleast in regards to how he was going to carry it out. The execution itself was brazen, if not flat-out reckless.

I’m shocked that he even prepared to the extent he did, and would be floored if he had the capacity to go further than that.

He’s not a criminal mastermind, but he got the most out of his limited thinking abilities.

He planned it partially and still didn’t know to never use shoulder on a door..

Plus half of his planning was overnuturing parents that did everything for him besides cut his steak... nothing was in his name ever..that helps a lot in not leaving a trail if I don’t exist...

Likely paid for ski mask with cash cause no credit card...

Your right he put effort in..but still 20/30 seconds ... and he dies in a shootout and he’s idiot criminal...

Parents gave him rent free home with basement.. that’s not planning... that’s parents feeling guilty so they let child live trapped on 2008...

He planned to get away with this.

His statement to police that he would have engaged them, was made after the fact.

I don’t think he seriously considered this beforehand. If it came to that point, he had failed anyways.

That was bravado.

I believe you're correct.

He also stated in that report that he did it all (entered the home, murders and kidnapping) in 4 minutes. That happens to be pretty much the exact time LE said it took to get to the home after the 911 call. He said 4 minutes because he read/heard that on the news.

He planned it partially and still didn’t know to never use shoulder on a door..

Plus half of his planning was overnuturing parents that did everything for him besides cut his steak... nothing was in his name ever..that helps a lot in not leaving a trail if I don’t exist...

Likely paid for ski mask with cash cause no credit card...

Your right he put effort in..but still 20/30 seconds ... and he dies in a shootout and he’s idiot criminal...

Parents gave him rent free home with basement.. that’s not planning... that’s parents feeling guilty so they let child live trapped on 2008...
We shouldn’t confuse poor planning with no planning.

He planned, but didn’t think of everything. That’s not surprising.

This was reckless and unnecessary, and you’re right, this could have ended very quickly, as he ultimately escaped by the skin of his teeth.

Jayme was the target, but he wasn’t smart enough to commit this kidnapping in a less violent way.

He didn’t lure her through social media.

He didn’t snatch her off the street.

He basically committed a massacre because he was incapable of a higher level of thinking. His psychology also didn’t allow for it.

He wanted Jayme, and he wanted her as soon as possible.

He also stated in that report that he did it all (entered the home, murders and kidnapping) in 4 minutes. That happens to be pretty much the exact time LE said it took to get to the home after the 911 call. He said 4 minutes because he read/heard that on the news.
Exactly.

This isn’t a guy I want to believe.

This isn’t a guy I am inclined to believe.

Everything makes sense though.

A lot of his, Jayme's and le's statements all line up in perfect concert with one another

I believe he was repeating a lot of LE public released statements to them after his arrest. You notice how they wanted him to draw out the crime scene(s) and the placement of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine