CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

Totally agree with what you wrote!!
c0409.gif

And yes, there are trials starting Tuesday, 1/22 - 2 in fact, plus El Chapo's trial.

And really hoping this doesn't run until Fall!

Shout out to you!

Thank you so much for helping us on so many threads for keeping us up-to-date and bumping the threads with the court dates. I cannot imagine how much time that takes from you, and that takes away from you researching the threads while you are trying to keep everyone else up to date.

I have just one case that I am trying to keep everyone updated and plan on attending the trial for all of us, and you do it on so many... I don't know how you do it.

You are a fabulous person for doing such.

When closely analyzing what has already been entered by the state its quite damaging.

Imo there is going to be a vast amount of CE pieces but the problem for the state it's hard to tie all of it together in OS.

I am sure in CA the state will use visuals that will show step by step in great detail all of the events (CE) that occurred before he premeditated to murder them.

What he did and said afterwards will be entered and will be equally damaging.

I remember during Scott Peterson's CA death penalty trial many posters felt ADA Rick Distaso wasnt going to get a guilty verdict. Many at that time from afar thought he did a terrible job. He was one of those ADAs who was dead serious. He was 'just the facts' kind of man with no fanfare. Very unassuming but tireless.

In RDs CA he said something I've never forgotten. He looked straight at the jury and asked a simple question.

'How many coincidences are you willing to believe and still be able to call yourself reasonable people?'

He not only got a guilty verdict but SP was also sentenced to death.

Imo

Re: the bolded part
I find that to be a pretty profound statement, actually. I think it would help me to hear it if I were part of this jury.

I also think questions need answering on why Joey was so badly beaten and why he was restrained because to me that points to him not being killed in the home. So with all the work the prosecution have done what is their theory on him being tied up and being beaten before being bludgeoned to death?

I think Chase made Joey watch him torture and kill his family. Joey was also the biggest threat so he required the most force to subdue.

Re: the bolded part
I find that to be a pretty profound statement, actually. I think it would help me to hear it if I were part of this jury.

Thank you.

I cant begin to even count how many CAs I've seen over the years but RDs CA has stuck with me for over a decade.

It was such a simple ...although totally logical question, but it was so profound that I've never forgotten his words.

And truly this is also what this defense team wants this jury to believe. Mere coincidences and nothing more.

I do not believe they will. There are simply too many pieces of damaging evidence showing guilt for them to believe they were all merely coincidences and mean nothing.

Most jurors really are ones who are logical and reasonable people.

They know if it quacks like a duck..leaves a trail of duck feathers and looks like a duck...it's a duck.

The defense wants them to believe it's not really a duck they see but it a bear for instance. Lol

Imo

Thank you.

I cant begin to even count how many CAs I've seen over the years but RDs CA has stuck with me for over a decade.

It was such a simple ...although totally logical question, but it was so profound that I've never forgotten his words.

And truly this is also what this defense team wants this jury to believe. Mere coincidences and nothing more.

I do not believe they will. There are simply too many pieces of damaging evidence showing guilt for them to believe they were all merely coincidences and mean nothing.

Most jurors really are ones who are logical and reasonable people.

They know if it quacks like a duck..leaves a trail of duck feathers and looks like a duck...it's a duck.

The defense wants them to believe it's not really a duck they see but it a bear for instance. Lol

Imo

Or the defence engages in wild speculation on every point of the case as if CM is the most unlucky man in the whole world

Maybe he backdated the fraudulent checks for no reason he can remember and wouldn't you know it Joey just happened to get murdered that day.

You wouldn't read about it.

Also just a thought, they found more of Joey Srs body so was able to tell how beaten he was. Maybe the others were beaten as well but parts of their body is missing.

I think you are correct that JM had to be overpowered. The shot to the leg and torso is perhaps suggestive of a rapid attack, and need to get in blows to take him down

The leg blow alone would have crippled JM.

Also just a thought, they found more of Joey Srs body so was able to tell how beaten he was. Maybe the others were beaten as well but parts of their body is missing.

Imo. Yes some of his darkest violent acts will remain his hidden secrets due to the condition of the bodies when finally found.

I think they went through much more than any of us could ever imagine but most of those violent acts against them all will never be fully known.

Maybe it's best for both families if they dont know what all they had to endure before he killed them.

Imo

I think the lack of shoes and the bath towels / robes in the graves is pretty probative they were killed at home

Exactly.

Imo this fact will be discussed during deliberations.

Linking all CE pieces together isn't really that hard.

I have faith they can do it and much much more is to come.

The more they have and know the easier it will become for the jury to understand the state's evidence collectively overall.

Imo

how do we know he didn't sexually assault those children? seems he had a smorgasborg for murder , rape and torture...we can't know all sadly. I would like him to be confronted and prosecuted on every aspect of every crime he committed.

if he did do these things, he will get to keep it in his memories as a secret, and this enrages me.

seriously, he is a psychopath..people...maybe it wasn't completely motivated by quickbooks, and other desires were also at play. He didn't like the children and may have been fantasizing about harming them...not as means to get to the money but as a satisfying
endeavor for his sado/sexual fantasies.

mOO

I don’t think it’s impossible that Summer could have been a sexual target for Chase. Other than her bra cup being there nothing “sexual assaulty” has been brought up has there?

I don’t think it’s impossible that Summer could have been a sexual target for Chase. Other than her bra cup being there nothing “sexual assaulty” has been brought up has there?
Her underwear taken off together with her sweatpants apparently and I believe found next to her head. But, seeing as things were dragged out of the graves by animals I don't know how they know that the clothing wasn't also dragged out, which would be underwear inside pants in the way they were being worn.

Yes, there is, her pants and underwear were removed together. . Found inside out, above her head in the grave. She was nude from the waist down. Also, her bra was cut. There's no doubt in my mind that he raped her.

well they ( defense) are claiming Summer was raped at knifepoint.. that a knife was found in the grave was alluded to by the prosecution, I am only saying that there is no real knowing what all Chase Merritt did as he murdered this family.

I just wish we would have a parade of testimony about Chases past acts and proclivities.

I just cannot in a million years imagine this orgy of violence and I put nothing past the
violent felon who committed these acts. mOO

Yes Summer being raped is one thing the prosecution and defense agree on.

No doubt Chase saw it as taking revenge on somebody who hated him and thought they was better than him and it was his final act of revenge to show her who was in control.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members