Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's discuss the family dog that was in the home.

Possible scenarios. One, the dog hid once all the commotion started. Out of sight out of mind. Two, the dog was barking during the commotion but probably from a distance but was following close behind. I'm going with two, the dog was present and barking.

Why did he spare the dog?

Possible scenarios. One, the dog hid once all the commotion started. Out of sight out of mind. Two, the dog was barking during the commotion but probably from a distance but was following close behind. I'm going with two, the dog was present and barking.

Because time was of the essence.

He went there with one objective, to take Jayme.

In order to do this successfully, he also planned to kill everyone there.

The dog didn’t factor in.

At about the :15 mark they show the supposed resume that the Cheese Factory says he submitted. Also it mentions that one of Jayme's relatives worked at the Cheese Factory also. Not saying that relative has anything to do with anything just strange coincidence

Thank you for posting this, I had never seen this one.

Another point, it may have been 3 years ago he worked 2 days at Jennie O and now 2 days at Saputo. One in Barron, one outside of Almena. We keep hearing he lived north (or assuming). Go back to even the press conference and the sheriff said there was a connection to Barron County. I think we have assumed that connection is the mom in Haugen or the job in Almena. I do not see why all of his little bit of work history is that far away from Gordon. No Superior. No Minong at Links. No Rice Lake unless Quanex is true. I just think it is possible whether it is friends or relatives or whatever, that he had more ties there, or had lived there, crashed there, etc.

I do not know it for a fact, just speculation. Every bit of our assumptions about friends, etc. come from media. I do not believe every one of us know he lived in that cabin day after day by himself for years. That comes from media. It is not in the complaint, etc.

Even with shifts being
6a-6p and 6p-6a, wouldn't the people who worked in HR have different hours?
Even in hospitals that have shifts, HR works from 8-4 or 9-5.
They are the ones who get copies of your driver's license, social security card, next of kin to identify in the event of an emergency etc... They also handle payroll and time "cards" as well.
I wonder if the day he saw Jayme get on the bus, was his "first day" and he would have been told to arrive when they showed up to work instead of 6am.

Moo

At about the :15 mark they show the supposed resume that the Cheese Factory says he submitted. Also it mentions that one of Jayme's relatives worked at the Cheese Factory also. Not saying that relative has anything to do with anything just strange coincidence

Thanks magoo. And good catch..

Wouldn’t be suprised if it’s been a 3 yr stalk to get jayme... who knows... Barron is only 3000 people so good chance if u live there u work there or know somebody... odd to quit 2 jobs in 2 days.. either staking something or parents mandated some effort..

I think he really wants to be known as marine / navy seal bad guy ...more than pedophile that had a breakdown at 11 that likes girls..

Could have kidnapped a no of strippers in Milwaukee... but didn’t..

Last edited:
When a school bus stops on a two-lane roads, cars going in both directions must stop. (at least in California -- possibly elsewhere too).

Couple of other thoughts from the previous thread:

Why she might have been surprised that the rescuers knew his name -- IMO she wasn't factoring in that they were his neighbors and "knew" (or knew of) him that way. He was a stranger to her before the crime, whose only identity to her was "bad guy", and she confused them "knowing his name as a neighbor on the street" with "knowing he's the bad guy". I'm sure she realized it afterward.

Likewise, her comment about not knowing people were looking for her: someone quoted the actual article and it appears someone said to her something along the lines of "do you realize how many people have been looking for you?" Well, you kind of have to answer that with a "no" -- just socially awkward to respond any other way, IMO. It doesn't mean she actually thought the community and LE weren't looking for her.

Also it really struck me in that Radar Online article that they said his internet searches had included multiple variants of "Jayme" and "Gordon" -- made me wonder if he was trying to see if there was any indication LE was thinking she might be in the Gordon area? As if that might have given him an advance clue if they were on to him? I can't think of any other reason for him to have included "Gordon" in his searches about her.

Good points.

With regard to even reading things or hearing them on media, so many things can be misconstrued, we certainly have seen that.

It is like getting a text from someone, you do not hear their voice, see their expression and can take it wrong. All we have are things passed on from one person to the media, etc., and while each can have their own opinion, I think they could double check their facts on occasion better.

With regard to the school bus, it is very likely just an assumption he stopped behind, or a typo, but the times are pretty wonky too just based on standard assumptions. Or something is missing, like he was told to be there his first day at a later time than employed workers...

My opinion only but the minute that shotgun blasted from the outside of the door, the dog hid.

Even with shifts being
6a-6p and 6p-6a, wouldn't the people who worked in HR have different hours?
Even in hospitals that have shifts, HR works from 8-4 or 9-5.
They are the ones who get copies of your driver's license, social security card, next of kin to identify in the event of an emergency etc... They also handle payroll and time "cards" as well.
I wonder if the day he saw Jayme get on the bus, was his "first day" and he would have been told to arrive when they showed up to work instead of 6am.

Moo

I thought of that too but have never worked for a temp agency so thought perhaps all of that info they already have as they are the ones that pay them, not the plant?

With regard to the time of the bus, let's figure 8 a.m for HR. For him to be on time, it would still be pretty early for Jayme to have to be waiting for the bus. It has been years but I have been stopped behind buses right in that area and it is just before school she would likely be picked up. He still has some miles to go and one would think would want to be on time. I still think he would be going by at 7:30 or thereabouts. Of course, with his work record, who knows, he was probably late his first day.

Great point. I think when adding everything up though it is reasonable to wonder including the fact it said he was behind the bus.

Because time was of the essence.

He went there with one objective, to take Jayme.

In order to do this successfully, he also planned to kill everyone there.

The dog didn’t factor in.
Yes, he said he killed the parents because he didn't want to leave any witnesses.
Also I wouldn't be surprised if the dog ran and hid from the sound of the first gunshot. Most definitely after the second one. Imo

Maybe a temp would be called in late after somebody called in sick

I did some temp work for awhile and my hours were often different from the regular employees/

Sometimes they hire extra workers for specific tasks, separate from a regular work shift. They hire temps to do inventory, or to help with a large project, and they may come in after the regular shift begins.

Once I was hired as a temp and I was working alone in an office boxing and addressing a lot of product that was part of a marketing project. I came in at 9 am, while the regular shift began at 7.

Reference the discussion about JP behind school bus whether he could/couldn't see Jayme getting on bus. I would hope that she didn't actually stand alongside that busy road while waiting. What I see locally is single kids waiting back away from the road until bus approaches/arrives. Definitely would not want my child waiting alongside road alone.

School buses pick up students pretty early which is why my kids HATED taking the bus. They had to get up much earlier because the bus makes so many stops, it takes a long time to actually arrive. And it wants to let the kids off early enough to get to lockers etc, so it is an early pick up. JMO

I did some temp work for awhile and my hours were often different from the regular employees/

Sometimes they hire extra workers for specific tasks, separate from a regular work shift. They hire temps to do inventory, or to help with a large project, and they may come in after the regular shift begins.

Once I was hired as a temp and I was working alone in an office boxing and addressing a lot of product that was part of a marketing project. I came in at 9 am, while the regular shift began at 7.

The area we are talking about generally the factories hire temps for full-time shifts in general with the chance to become permanent if you work out. It is a way of avoiding benefits and everything else. It is not like where you replace someone that is sick at an office for a few days. Most of them that is the only way they hire. The worst ones ditch even good people (instead of appreciating finding a good employee with no risk) and find a reason after 3 months (not even sure they need one, it is on the temp agency) so they do not have to pay benefits.

Not saying all, but many. Can't say this was the case here but it is pretty common these days in many states. I will not touch on politics but it has been that way for awhile.

ETA: So if I had to guess, he was hired to do a full-time shift of 12 hours as general factory labor with his lack of work experience. In October. Just my guess, could be wrong.

Internal health = mental? I thought internal medicine was physical, such as respiratory, digestive organs, etc. ?
Yes, well I think this statement came from the grandfather. He may not want to reveal what the actual issues were. Also it's very common for digestive problems to occur with many mental health disorders, especially with symptoms of anxiety. So he may have had those problems as well.
I don't know how the marines would categorize it if it was purely medical reasons. Wouldn't it just say he was dismissed for medical reasons instead of whatever it was actually listed as? Imo

Yes, well I think this statement came from the grandfather. He may not want to reveal what the actual issues were. Also it's very common for digestive problems to occur with many mental health disorders, especially with symptoms of anxiety. So he may have had those problems as well.
I don't know how the marines would categorize it if it was purely medical reasons. Wouldn't it just say he was dismissed for medical reasons instead of whatever it was actually listed as? Imo
Yes. He was kicked out because “the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps expectations and standards.”

That sure as hell doesn’t sound like a medical discharge, which is characterized differently.

Per the Saputo website it appears they have two shifts. 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am, 7 days a week. So it seems that unless the morning he claims to have seen Jayme "getting on the bus" was an orientation day *and he went in later*... he lied.
I've worked in a mfg. plant with temps. The first day, they are often brought in late because whoever will train them is busy at shift change. My company had security guards who looked at all id's. Temps often had to wait until an id was issued, so having them come in after shift change makes sense. OR he was late going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong