Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are good sentiments... nobody knows what his house was like... leading up to divorce...and after...and how he reacted....

It doesn’t appear he handled it well, or marine failure...or chemical imbalance he didn’t control...

I do think u can learn from it ...see where it ultimately went off tracks.....he was buying alcohol and cigarettes, and applying for job, there was somebody still there within him however small, and parents seeing him weekly so there was still an effort made there.. I dunno with no real info past age 18....
AND.... His father visited once a week. If a radio is blasting in your son's bedroom every time you visit, why wouldn't that seem weird? The house belonged to him so on his visits why wouldn't he take a look around the property? Be interested in how it's holding up, etc. The whole thing stinks.

I can't imagine what JPs life was like. He was already struggling socially. So he spends every day, day in day out, and every night, talking to no one. He only has his own thoughts and ideas, can't bounce them off anyone but probably prefers it that way. He has no interest in fixing the home up, living in a mess. What an existence! It's no wonder some demented idea came to him and it festered. He had nothing else to think about, nothing constructive. Does he think..."I know, I'll get a job. Maybe I can stop thinking these things." Jobs don't work out and he goes deeper and deeper into his own dementia. No one is there to save him and this is wrong! Society has to step up and care for others. We are our brothers keepers.
I see this differently.

He lived the way he did, because he was a sick sociopath. His living situation and job history, were a direct reflection of himself.

I have no sympathy for him.

That went out the door when he made the conscious choice to murder two people, and kidnap an innocent child.

I hope his days are long, and his nights longer. I hope the decades pass slow.

I hope the rest of his life is spent in misery.

AND.... His father visited once a week. If a radio is blasting in your son's bedroom every time you visit, why wouldn't that seem weird? The house belonged to him so on his visits why wouldn't he take a look around the property? Be interested in how it's holding up, etc. The whole thing stinks.
Especially if the volume wasn't turned up prior to the October crime date. LE said to look for changes in behavior.

My opinion of the Grandfather stating he had Internal Issues is that he means in his head. He saw it as some kind of internal conflict. He knew there was something wrong.
Three months after graduating, Patterson headed for the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. But he returned to Gordon after five weeks, a washout as a Marine Corps private.

It was a bitter experience, Patterson’s grandfather said.

“It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”

Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.
How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?

I believe GF was trying to say JP not mentally competent -- JP didn't/couldn't hold up. MOO

Last edited:
Yeah. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

That’s his father’s house. You’d think that he’d take an interest in it.

If he was snooping around to the point that JP speculated that his father could have discovered the shotgun in the trunk of a car, then you’d think he was atleast taking a cursory look around the house itself.

Weird.

I see this differently.

He lived the way he did, because he was a sick sociopath. His living situation and job history, were a direct reflection of himself.

That went out the door when he made the conscious choice to murder two people, and kidnap an innocent child.

Let's just say I'll sleep a lot better when they lock him up and throw away the key.

I see this differently.

I hope his days are long, and his nights longer. I hope the decades pass slow. I hope the rest of his life is spent in misery.

It’s not really sympathy toward him I am seeking here, but an understanding of what made him do such a horrible thing. I know more will come out in the days and years to come. Did he want a companion? I know SA talk is not allowed here, and to be honest, I am not convinced that was the motive anyway.

What is the difference in sympathy and empathy? Just kidding... that would cause so many OT comments, Trisha and her staff would have to clean up another 65 posts. :(

It’s not really sympathy toward him I am seeking here, but an understanding of what made him do such a horrible thing. I know more will come out in the days and years to come. Did he want a companion? I know SA talk is not allowed here, and to be honest, I am not convinced that was the motive anyway.

What is the difference in sympathy and empathy? Just kidding... that would cause so many OTs comments, Trisha and her staff would have to clean up another 65 posts. :(
That’s absolutely true, it is important to understand what makes these people the way they are.

Trying to understand them, doesn’t mean that we condone their actions.

Regardless of this though, he made the decision to kill. He wasn’t insane, he knew what he was doing.

That’s why I feel nothing but hate towards him.

As for motive, I’m sticking with what I believed this to be when it first happened. A sexually motivated abduction.

I hope he just wanted a “companion,” but that’s doubtful.

It's odd that his father didn't walk through the home, especially given the state of disrepair it was in. Didn't it look like they were doing work on it? I'm sure they weren't planning on leaving it like that, why weren't they working on it? And why did he come and visit every weekend?

Yeah. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

That’s his father’s house. You’d think that he’d take an interest in it.

If he was snooping around to the point that JP speculated that his father could have discovered the shotgun in the trunk of a car, then you’d think he was atleast taking a cursory look around the house itself.

Weird.

It’s all so weird, looking on Jake’s life living in the house that looks more like he was spending the night at his parents’s home. But he was the sole occupier living there. Why did his dad even bother to check in at all? There has to be a reason for that.

I see this differently.

I agree, my sympathies lie with the real victims of his
That’s absolutely true, it is important to understand what makes these people the way they are.

Trying to understand them, doesn’t mean that we condone their actions.

Regardless of this though, he made the decision to kill. He wasn’t insane, he knew what he was doing.

That’s why I feel nothing but hate towards him.

As for motive, I’m sticking with what I believed this to be when it first happened. A sexually motivated abduction.

I hope he just wanted a “companion,” but that’s doubtful.

The Father's visits may just be a cursory look around and dropping off $ groceries etc. His Dad may be used to strange and unusual when it came to his Son
Ha! “Strange and unusual” wasn’t so “strange and unusual.”

If he was acting like a normal human being, now that would set off some alarm bells.

I can’t wait to learn more about this living situation.

The Father's visits may just be a cursory look around and dropping off $ groceries etc. His Dad may be used to strange and unusual when it came to his Son

Id also bet jake doesn’t have Venmo, PayPal, check account or credit card.

Maybe dad worked in all cash business and he didn’t believe in checking account either.
Who knows.......

I wonder if his father or mother are in contact with him at all or just cut ties completely. Horrible, horrible thing their son did but it is their son.

I believe his account.

Everything fits, especially when taking into account his personality.

He appears to be impulsive and volatile.

I’m actually surprised that he was capable of taking a step back, and not carrying out this attack at an earlier date, when he was admittedly outside their home.

He planned this crime well, atleast in regards to how he was going to carry it out. The execution itself was brazen, if not flat-out reckless.

I’m shocked that he even prepared to the extent he did, and would be floored if he had the capacity to go further than that.

He’s not a criminal mastermind, but he got the most out of his limited thinking abilities.

Personally, I am not surprised that he did not act impulsively. I think he wanted to play the mastermind and pull off the perfect crime. He had plenty of time to plan.

I think he was somewhat motivated by becoming famous through his crime...and, unfortunately, he has succeeded there. He was an otherwise nondescript person that made no mark on anyone's memory...but this crime and notoriety has made him the focus of attention. Exactly what he wanted.

It's odd that his father didn't walk through the home, especially given the state of disrepair it was in. Didn't it look like they were doing work on it? I'm sure they weren't planning on leaving it like that, why weren't they working on it? And why did he come and visit every weekend?

The way the ceiling looks unfinished in the pics (no one got around to correcting the problem) and the older household decorations and furniture... the old cars and the relic snow mobile, all of it are like time stopped. Their kid didn’t. I do wonder if checking in felt obligatory to dad. That’s only my opinion.

I would like to know if the Christmas decorations were put out for Christmas 2018, or had been there for a long time. It just doesn’t seem like something JP would do, but maybe he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson