Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And in addition, he wishes validation in light of his many failed efforts over 21 years. Getting booted out of the military gutted him.
Yes. I do think this was huge for him. I think he thought the military was his future and attractive to chicks. When that didn't pan out I think he was devastated, not knowing what he was going to do with his life.
Then it became a path of destruction with mental illness imo.

Where was the bathtub Jayme and her mother were hiding in? Did they come running out? In a typical house a bath with tub would be farther than four steps from the front door, and if they were still hiding he had to venture inwards farther than has been stated. MOO

I’m sorry if this has been discussed. I’m catching up after falling off a ladder and not being able to do much.

Three months after graduating, Patterson headed for the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. But he returned to Gordon after five weeks, a washout as a Marine Corps private.

Not to quote the poster here but the content. He was never a washout as a Marine Corps. Pvt. He never made it past recruit! Recruit Patterson is all he ever was....I'm sure that messed with his head some. What a messed up person all the way around. Definitely not Marine material! This all goes well beyond this but I kept seeing this so felt the need to clarify.

I think JP just doesn't have the mental fortitude for the long term. He seems relatively smart from school. Although in a class of 34 who really knows? Everything work related that we know about JP only lasted days. The Marines lasting weeks but I suspect a lot of that time was review and paperwork processing time.

His father did him no favors by supporting him unless dad knew of some diagnosed issue. I could relate a couple of kids stories that after HS and not wanting to go further education wise were shown the door or compelled to pay their fair share of utilities and food. One now owns his own successful business and the other is a State Trooper.

There is nothing in JP's history nor that I can imagine justifies what he did to the Closs family.

I've been thinking that JP's laziness caught up with him. Maybe he got tired of keeping Jayme fed, trips to the bathroom, barricading her under the bed, worrying that she might escape when he left so he was glad to finally be caught. Maybe she cried and disturbed him while he read. And maybe, just maybe she was wearing him down with talk about going home to her aunt. The "I did it" may have been relief. MOO

Yeah, I think that's possible. Once he kidnapped her and had her for a while, the excitement may have worn off and now he's stuck with this girl. Like everything else in his life, maybe he just lost interest and focus.

Apparently, on one day of the Christmas holiday, JTP hosted family at Gordon. Apologies if this was already posted. How clueless was this family? This is getting pretty hard to believe. New article, to my knowledge anyhow:

Suspect Jake Thomas Patterson hosted a Christmas gathering while Jayme Closs was imprisoned in the same house, sources say

I thought he went to his grandparents for Christmas.

It reads to me like his father and sister stopped by with their SO's, as opposed to him "hosting a gathering". Maybe afterward, he went to his grandparents. Would there be any reason for them to check under his bed or enter his room for any reason? It's not that surprising to me, but for the people who were there when Jayme was there, it must haunt them.

It reads to me like his father and sister stopped by with their SO's, as opposed to him "hosting a gathering". Maybe afterward, he went to his grandparents. Would there be any reason for them to check under his bed or enter his room for any reason? It's not that surprising to me, but for the people who were there when Jayme was there, it must haunt them.

Its not unusual for families to have more than one Christmas gathering. Especially split families. I don't think there is any reason to believe that the family should have or could have known what was going on. I doubt they would have had a specific reason to go snoop around in JTP bedroom. I'm sure they are horrified to know that JC was there under his bed the entire time....MOO

Where was the bathtub Jayme and her mother were hiding in? Did they come running out? In a typical house a bath with tub would be farther than four steps from the front door, and if they were still hiding he had to venture inwards farther than has been stated. MOO

I’m sorry if this has been discussed. I’m catching up after falling off a ladder and not being able to do much.
We don't know the precise location of the bathroom. Denise was shot in the head and died instantly. Jayme's hands and legs were bound with duct tape and she was dragged outside and put in the trunk of JP's vehicle. So no, neither of them came running out. MOO

Apparently, on one day of the Christmas holiday, JTP hosted family at Gordon. Apologies if this was already posted. How clueless was this family? This is getting pretty hard to believe. New article, to my knowledge anyhow:

Suspect Jake Thomas Patterson hosted a Christmas gathering while Jayme Closs was imprisoned in the same house, sources say
Wow! :mad: From the article:

He held a Christmas Day gathering for family members at "Patterson Retreat," the former family home that Patterson is accused of turning into a prison for 13-year-old Jayme Closs.

While the family marked the holiday, the houseguests had no idea that another person was there — the terrified girl Patterson was holding captive, forced to stay hidden under a twin bed, sources told reporters for the USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald wouldn't confirm the Christmas gathering, saying he wouldn't know whether such an event took place.

But two law-enforcement sources separately said the visitors included two members of Patterson's immediate family and the people they were dating.

"The family was there," one source said. Patterson "told (Jayme) that if she made a noise or tried to escape, he would kill her."

One source identified Patterson's father and sister as the family members who made the Christmas visit to the ramshackle house at 14166 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle in Gordon, a town of about 750 located about 70 miles north of Jayme's home town of Barron.

The second source confirmed that the investigation had found that those family members visited Patterson on Christmas.

That’s messed up... dear god. To have people over and just assume nobody going downstairs. Thanks to y’all for posting..

Police did say in great article the investigation begins on the 88 days and who he interacted with. What the few people he dealt with did. I’m sure family is getting raked over coals and computer/ phones run for info. Everyone in family with 6 figure house and only one with confirmed job is mom as a Bus Driver. That makes sense, and sounds like no family ever.

The comment about him not coming more than 5 feet into the house has been debunked by both JTP's and Jayme's accounts. He went through the entire house. I could never make sense of that statement and it appears to simply be wrong.

Yeah, I think that's possible. Once he kidnapped her and had her for a while, the excitement may have worn off and now he's stuck with this girl. Like everything else in his life, maybe he just lost interest and focus.

This is such a good point.

JMO
She is so lucky to have escaped when she did. I honestly don't think he would have kept her much longer without killing her.

As anyone who has ever lived with a partner knows it takes a lot of patience and hard work on everyones part. Its a two way street and both have to be committed to the relationship. That was never going to happen in this case because JC likely hated him and despised him for what he did to her parents and even he may have started to realize he doesn't like her like he thought he would.

On top of that he probably didnt even think ahead about how he would have to worry about her 24 X 7 all the time and he didnt anticipate the exhausting nature of trying to do something like that.

I am pretty sure it was getting to a breaking point and I am pretty sure he had already began planning her demise. I am willing to bet that she knew it too and she knew she had to get away soon which is exactly what she did.

I continue to be amazed and happy how she managed to safely free herself from his trap.

Oh No! Do take care. Jayme was dragged out due to being bound

As parents you can’t coddle your children. In an ironic twist a 13 year old actually ended up being smarter than him because she was taught well by her parents.

If JP wanted attention and notoriety he finally got it but he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

That’s messed up... dear god. To have people over and just assume nobody going downstairs. Thanks to y’all for posting..

Police did say in great article the investigation begins on the 88 days and who he interacted with. What the few people he dealt with did. I’m sure family is getting raked over coals and computer/ phones run for info. Everyone in family with 6 figure house and only one with confirmed job is mom as a Bus Driver. That makes sense, and sounds like no family ever.
She was in his bedroom under his bed. He probably knew it would be unlikely for anyone to enter his bedroom (which was probably upstairs).

I don't have the link handy but the Criminal Complaint is the majority of the information we have. It is not pleasant. :(

As parents you can’t coddle your children. In an ironic twist a 13 year old actually ended up being smarter than him because she was taught well by her parents.

If JP wanted attention and notoriety he finally got it but he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

I do think she was smarter than he - thus able to gain his trust, which alternately led to her escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151