Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Yes, here's a refresher: Detective Phillips received a phone call wanting to confirm her death and thought it was someone from her family , Now James has always said that EDJD would not want her mom to know due to her lifestyle, therefore my deduction that her mom knew and does not want to claim her .

Sitting here thinking about this call to LE has done nothing but raise alot of questions in my mind. That is assuming that it was a family member.
I know you cant answer them all but maybe you can one of them so I will start with it. Do you have any idea how long after this crime it was that Detective Phillips received this call? A couple of days, weeks, months? Because how would they have even known to call? Yea they could have heard about it in the media even the local news if they were in that area but if it wasnt that then somone would have to contact them and let them know. Someone in that town or could it have been Cheryl Wick who was notified of her own death? She would have been one of the first to know. Maybe she got in contact with the family. I always wondered if she knew more than she was letting on.
Now I know you dont have the answer to this question but maybe you have some good suggestions. That is, if your calling to confirm this unidentified persons death while at the same time maintaining your own anonymity what questions would you ask? Hey is the tall blonde with the blue eyes and all the fake identities really dead? Or the woman thats associated with James McAlphin? Or refer to her by one of her aliases?
Now thats alot of questions and I wish I had the answer to just one of them.

So exciting to have this confirmed by MSM!

"Phillips said a genealogist she is working with has since identified Doe’s father as a descendant of Daniel Wood and Mamie Carter, who had nine children and lived in Virginia. "
Wonder if the Carr/Karr last name aliases were a nod to 'Carter' from her heritage. Of course, if she was an illegitimate baby she may not have even known who her dad was.

How amazing if through all of this they could also track down any children she may have had and reunite them with their extended family.

How about Christina Carter she was 3 in 1973 and from hueytown Alabama. Blonde hair blue eyes. The family thinks she is possibly from the carter side of their family. Namus mp2684

Those were my thoughts on Saturday in here <modsnip> when this news came out on the cousin's facebook page. With the family linkage to the C & W family, my thoughts immediately went to Franklin Delano Floyd and the little one many though may have been Christina sitting on his lap in that photograph. Christina's mom had been found murdered and herself disappeared in Alabama. This C/W family (the cousin) is also out of Alabama.

Pure speculation if the two families are related, but thought it might be worth a think given McAlpin saying a couple more mysteries would also be solved if she were identified. Purely speculation on my part, but so glad that she will have her identity back … closer! It's been a good week.

Last edited by a moderator:
So exciting to have this confirmed by MSM!

"Phillips said a genealogist she is working with has since identified Doe’s father as a descendant of Daniel Wood and Mamie Carter, who had nine children and lived in Virginia. "
Wonder if the Carr/Karr last name aliases were a nod to 'Carter' from her heritage. Of course, if she was an illegitimate baby she may not have even known who her dad was.

How amazing if through all of this they could also track down any children she may have had and reunite them with their extended family.

Wow! I hope more media picks up this story.
I feel so hopeful that 2019 will be the year EDJD gets her name back.

Those were my thoughts on Saturday in here <modsnip> when this news came out on the cousin's facebook page. With the family linkage to the C & W family, my thoughts immediately went to Franklin Delano Floyd and the little one many though may have been Christina sitting on his lap in that photograph. Christina's mom had been found murdered and herself disappeared in Alabama. This C/W family (the cousin) is also out of Alabama.

Pure speculation if the two families are related, but thought it might be worth a think given McAlpin saying a couple more mysteries would also be solved if she were identified. Purely speculation on my part, but so glad that she will have her identity back … closer! It's been a good week.
Sharon marshall was identified i believe there was a show on ID

Sitting here thinking about this call to LE has done nothing but raise alot of questions in my mind. That is assuming that it was a family member.
I know you cant answer them all but maybe you can one of them so I will start with it. Do you have any idea how long after this crime it was that Detective Phillips received this call? A couple of days, weeks, months? Because how would they have even known to call? Yea they could have heard about it in the media even the local news if they were in that area but if it wasnt that then somone would have to contact them and let them know. Someone in that town or could it have been Cheryl Wick who was notified of her own death? She would have been one of the first to know. Maybe she got in contact with the family. I always wondered if she knew more than she was letting on.
Now I know you dont have the answer to this question but maybe you have some good suggestions. That is, if your calling to confirm this unidentified persons death while at the same time maintaining your own anonymity what questions would you ask? Hey is the tall blonde with the blue eyes and all the fake identities really dead? Or the woman thats associated with James McAlphin? Or refer to her by one of her aliases?
Now thats alot of questions and I wish I had the answer to just one of them.

Well I guess this new Huffington Post article answers one of my questions. According to it Detective Phillips has been with the department for 25 years and working on this case for around 15. So if she's the one that received the call then it would have been a couple of years after the crime at the least and increasing the chances of this caller having heard about it in the media.
Anyways, I hope the only sleuthing left to do in this case is being done right now by LE and this person will be known by her rightful name. Of course theres all the other questions that may arise from it but thats another story for another time.

Well I guess this new Huffington Post article answers one of my questions. According to it Detective Phillips has been with the department for 25 years and working on this case for around 15. So if she's the one that received the call then it would have been a couple of years after the crime at the least and increasing the chances of this caller having heard about it in the media.
Anyways, I hope the only sleuthing left to do in this case is being done right now by LE and this person will be known by her rightful name. Of course theres all the other questions that may arise from it but thats another story for another time.
if I remember correctly it was right after maybe a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members