Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Jmo but seeing pics and knowing from my sisters in TX how quickly flooding happens...this was an accident. I think they car will be found soon, now that they know where she was found.

That night it was raining pretty hard, even my small creek was raging, had I even walked into it, it would have swept me off of my feet and the water was less than 3ft deep. Chambers Creek would have been like White Water Rapid's and IF she drove into it, it would have taken that car so fast that she would have had no time to think, as well as the force of that water at that depth, she would never have been able to exit that car. If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would wager that when the autopsy result's come in, that there will be no water in her lungs.

<modsnip: Rumor plus .. co-worker has been cleared. Do not continue to discuss them.>

Last edited by a moderator:
‘It doesn’t sit right’: Questions arise after beloved mom Emily Wade is found dead in creek, but car remains missing [Exclusive]

Duration 39:38

As authorities await the autopsy results of a Texas woman found deceased on Monday in a creek bed, experts are questioning whether the beloved mom accidentally drove into a flooded area or if something else may have caused her death.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

‘It doesn’t sit right’: Questions arise after beloved mom Emily Wade is found dead in creek, but car remains missing [Exclusive]

Finally, it doesn’t sit right with me either. Thank you for the update!

She probably tried to get out of the car and was swept away. Some people where I went to college were swept away in a flash flood into the storm drain crossing the street on foot. It was like a foot deep. Doesn’t take much.
You have to understand the power of fast moving water, especially THAT water THAT night. It would be next to impossible, as Commander Wade said, for her to have opened that door would have been next to impossible, over 1,000 like minded situation's, not a single time did he find the body/bodies outside of the auto. I am not so sure that Shaquille O'Neil could have opened that door on that car in those conditions. Raging water's in that particular creek are unforgiving and that car would have been swept away like a paper cup the moment it hit the water. I know Jared, as my wife work's with him in her Dept., unfortunately, I never met Emily, my wife has a few time's, so I get update's from people. Emily was a really good person, as is Jared & a great son to his mother & father to his two daughter's, that HE raised. HEARTBREAKING is an understatement!

Last edited:
After doing some research, it appears that Bardwell Reservoir is the main tributary of Chambers Creek. Water flows from Bardwell Reservoir into Mustang Creek, and then about five miles downstream Mustang Creek merges into Chambers Creek.

Bardwell Reservoir is operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Bardwell Lake (Trinity River Basin) | Texas Water Development Board

Bardwell Lake

The lake level has been high due to rains in the fall. (See first attached photo, which shows the lake level for the past month.)

The second photo shows the lake levels and amount of water released per day from the reservoir over the past year. As you can see, the lake level stayed pretty constant for most of the year, near the conservation pool level of 421 feet above sea level. (Think of the conservation pool level as the "normal" level of the lake when there is not a drought. Above 421' is considered flood level, and the lake will hold later up to an elevation of 439' before water starts flowing over the emergency spillway. (i.e., the "top of the flood control pool."). It started in October, and by November water in the reservoir was near absolute maximum capacity. As you can see, they started letting out pretty massive amounts of water to bring the lake level back down, then it started raining upstream and refilling the reservoir at the end of December.

Water Managment - Fort Worth District

All of this tells me that there was a lot of water in that area at the beginning of January, both standing water and flowing water, and Chambers Creek would have been at flood stage. This would have been unexpected to a lay person, since January 5 was a beautiful sunny day at 72 degrees and no rain.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.06.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.06.01 PM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.42.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.42.37 PM.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
Are they saying a coworker lived out in that area? I’m confused. If a coworker lived out there wouldn’t they have told her the road was flooded?
There’s NOTHING out that way ... between Ennis and Corsicana except the tiny town of Emhouse.
Are they saying the road wasn’t flooded when she headed out there but that it flooded on the way back?
Even IF she was going to Corsicana - wouldn’t she have taken I45? It’s only 20 Miles.

You have to understand the power of fast moving water, especially THAT water THAT night. It would be next to impossible, as Commander Wade said, for her to have opened that door would have been next to impossible, over 1,000 like minded situation's, not a single time did he find the body/bodies outside of the auto.
Could she have rolled the window down and climbed out to roof?
Could the window have popped out and then she came out of car after drowning?
Why didn’t she call or text someone? Does a car fill and sink that fast?
I still remember the young girl who was coming home from Prom in South Texas who called her Dad and told him what was happening - OMG ... she drowned and Dad couldn’t get to her.

https://twitter.com/JamesRoseFox4/status/1087852747171475457
#FOX4News
: #EnnisPD confirms body found in Chambers Creek is missing mother 38yo #EmilyWade. Her death ruled accidental. Investigators believe she took a wrong turn and accidentally drove into high water. Family is thankful & grateful for community support & many volunteers.

DxjUPmJU8AA_YZG.jpg

DxjUPmLU8AA8eTH.jpg

I agree considering how well traveled she was ... they moved around a lot ... this wasn’t her first time living in Ennis...
Not to mention, that there’s quite a bit of protection the first few feet onto that bridge ... before you get swept away ... what was she thinking ... #TurnAroundDontDrown rings in my ears every time I see water over a road.

Great map analysis by Gray. Well done. And Gray added the co-workers house which is not where I was led to believe it was.

She would have to take two wrong left turns from the house location to end up that bridge. And be headed due south instead of north. Surprising.

Thank you for adding the pictures! Those signs are shocking. In the dark and not being local, so easy to miss something like that. I hope that this tragedy at least makes the town add better signage for this road!
I don’t know about everyone else but IF I’m in unfamiliar territory - I’m going slow and I’m looking for SIGNS and reading them. IF I feel lost and confused I do, too.
IF it was a place I knew ... I’d just be zooming through ... thinking I knew even if I didn’t know.

I think she had to be lost and then came upon that overflowing bridge and maybe tried to back up or rush over!
I can just feel her fear!

Does anybody happen to know if the night was really dark or maybe lit up a bit by a full moon?
No moon on the 5th ... that was a NEW moon night ... so pitch black out there! I’d be more careful though if it was dark and I couldn’t see, I think... especially if I didn’t know where I was...

I don’t know about everyone else but IF I’m in unfamiliar territory - I’m going slow and I’m looking for SIGNS and reading them. IF I feel lost and confused I do, too.
IF it was a place I knew ... I’d just be zooming through ... thinking I knew even if I didn’t know.

I forgot who, but someone who used to live in this area said that this road is difficult to turn around on in daylight, let alone in the dark. I took this as a possible explanation why she traveled so far on it and I would guess you are right that she would be going slow in this case.

The getting out of her car before the waters got so high she couldn't open the door is perplexing. If innocent reason, could she have stopped the car as soon as she saw she was in .5-1 foot of water and tried to get out knowing from Kentucky how dangerous water like this could be? It sounds like if it was more than that amount of water, she wouldn't be able to get out. Any other innocent explanation someone can come up with?

Moon Phases for January, 2019

Actually around that time it was New Moon, which would mean no light at all. I'm willing to bet there are no street lights around either. I think it must have been pretty darn dark and difficult to see the flooded road, maybe not til it was too late. JMO
In the pictures that have been taken you can see the high sides for several feet on each side when entering that I would think offered protection maybe up to 10 ft or more BUT it might have made Emily think it was SAFE to cross because it was more shallow there and she wouldn’t have felt the RUSH of waters until she was much further out ...
My heart is breaking for her family ...

My 2 cents. I think she went wrong direction, when I don’t know where I’m going or want to see better, I roll down the window. Even if raining, though I don’t think it was raining. Rolls down window, sees she’s driving or being swept into water. Climbs out, drowns.

No moon on the 5th ... that was a NEW moon night ... so pitch black out there! I’d be more careful though if it was dark and I couldn’t see, I think... especially if I didn’t know where I was...

The roads were dry on Saturday night, January 5th. The road narrows by the bridge and descends down to the creek, so a driver has to slow down here. It is unlikely she has been on this road before so would probably use a degree of caution in general.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back