Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

I agree 100% about Nancy, but ALL of this post is so spot on. He was the “face” of this investigation for the community (FB, at the very least) as there was NO presence from EPD. I had gotten past my suspicion of something nefarious still hanging me up, UNTIL this interview. The family seems to be united around terrible accident, so you have to wonder how they feel about this.

This guy was the one who led the searches for Cajun Group, and he is experienced in searching, even for flood victims. Definitely not just some guy who would stir up controversy. He was pretty tight with the family and the community while the group was in town. His opinion is based, seemingly on his experience.

You're right that Nancy Grace would have someone on her show that expresses a controversial opinion though.

JMO

I agree 100% about Nancy, but ALL of this post is so spot on. He was the “face” of this investigation for the community (FB, at the very least) as there was NO presence from EPD. I had gotten past my suspicion of something nefarious still hanging me up, UNTIL this interview. The family seems to be united around terrible accident, so you have to wonder how they feel about this.
I heard most of podcast. True about NG stirring controversy. Why did he think it so unusual seatbelt off and she’s out of car?? I’m sure window down, took seatbelt off and tried to swim.
JMO. Autopsy will confirm of course. I feel sorry for her family.

The ONLY thing making me still feel a tad hinky about this is that this road/bridge was not on a logical path home. If it was, I would 100% feel accidental. It may very well still be an accident; IMO I am just really curious why she wound up there to begin with. Even though it's night time, it seems odd she would make wrong turns and end up lost somewhere. Didn't she work in this town? I know I read she moved here recently, but I also thought she had previously lived in Ennis.

Also, while probably not pitch dark yet, sunset in Ennis on Jan. 5 was at 535 PM according to Google. So going to the pizza night around 530, it wouldn't have been totally light either, yet she made it there safely. IDK like I said, this is the only weird thing to me. Either way, very tragic for her family and daughter that she has passed away.

The ONLY thing making me still feel a tad hinky about this is that this road/bridge was not on a logical path home. If it was, I would 100% feel accidental. It may very well still be an accident; IMO I am just really curious why she wound up there to begin with. Even though it's night time, it seems odd she would make wrong turns and end up lost somewhere. Didn't she work in this town? I know I read she moved here recently, but I also thought she had previously lived in Ennis.

Also, while probably not pitch dark yet, sunset in Ennis on Jan. 5 was at 535 PM according to Google. So going to the pizza night around 530, it wouldn't have been totally light either, yet she made it there safely. IDK like I said, this is the only weird thing to me. Either way, very tragic for her family and daughter that she has passed away.

Would she possibly have encountered other flooded roadways or even closed roads that caused her to turn around/don't drown and find another route home?

True, unless she had couple drinks and just got turned around on wrong path. Idk. I hope it was an accident, not that it changes anything other than a loved one dying of accident vs violent death at hands of another is for lack of better word. “Better”. Though drowning has to be pretty violent too. So sad.

What's hanging me up - if it wasn't an accident then how did her car end up in the creek (assuming that's where they find it)? Toney Wade had said there were no signs of an accident, no markings around the area that would've indicated one. I guess we will know more IF her car is found in the creek - what is the condition of the car, was her window down or busted, etc.
What will happen if her car is not found?
Still way too many questions to consider this an accident right now. Even with ME's findings, whatever that may be.

What's hanging me up - if it wasn't an accident then how did her car end up in the creek (assuming that's where they find it)? Toney Wade had said there were no signs of an accident, no markings around the area that would've indicated one. I guess we will know more IF her car is found in the creek - what is the condition of the car, was her window down or busted, etc.
Still way too many questions to consider this an accident right now. Even with ME's findings, whatever that may be.
I don’t know where I saw it but apparently sonar hit on car. Yeah a lot of answers will come once car brought up. Or maybe more questions.

Would she possibly have encountered other flooded roadways or even closed roads that caused her to turn around/don't drown and find another route home?
Presumably she came to the co-worker's home via a different route and seemingly got there safely. And, in reality, there don't seem to be too many options to return home by.

It's still intriguing that she chose this way to go home after her pizza/movie evening. She most likely did not arrive that way, or in the daylight she would have seen the flooding.

I'm of the opinion (and this is not victim shaming in the slightest) that maybe they also had some beer and/ or wine with the pizza. They are adults after all and why would they not, and maybe her judgment was clouded a bit...or at least her focus to navigate the direction home and handle the situation when and if the car entered the flooded creek.

JMO. ..and what might make sense for an adult who navigated her way out there with no problem and had a daughter and mom waiting for her to return at a given time. Simple human mistakes can be costly at times, as in this case. Again MOO

I think this, too. It’s so easy to get turned around in unfamiliar places, at least for me.

I was in her hometown, Cynthiana, KY, the last two days.
Naturally, this is the water cooler convo. A town with appx 6k population, everyone truly knows or is related to everyone.

Last edited:
Toney Wade, of Cajun Coast Search said on Nancy Grace podcast that others believe they have found car on sonar ... but Wade wasn’t convinced they found it. I’m sure it will be checked ASAP.
He is also very skeptical since Emily was not found in the vehicle, he has never found body and vehicle separated in all of his searches, he said - BUT as others have posted ... it is possible to get out of vehicle.
If she was slowly driving thru the water and the car started slowly going over the edge, she may have gotten the door open in time before the car slid entirely off the road and into the water and she may have dropped into the deep water right away by the time she got out. This would fit the scenario, and being dark, she may have gotten easily lost. I now think it is a 90% probability she did indeed drown and there was nothing criminal here. But it is easy to come to a final decision if the car is found in the water.

Just some clarification from previous posts. The sun did set at 5:53 on Jan 5. However, she was reported leaving the apartment after pizza and movie around 8:30. It would be quite dark at that time with a new moon (previously reported) and far enough from the city lights for ambient lighting.

Also, Jan 4 and 5 were rain-free. However, Dec 26-Jan 3, DFW area had 4.5 recorded inches of rainfall at the airport. Other areas, particularly those SE of Dallas had 4-6 inches of recorded rain. Dec 26 - 31 show 3.25 inches of rain, whereas Jan 2-3 show 1.25 inches of rain. So, the area would have been saturated from the Dec 26-31 rainfall to the point that the Jan 2-3 rainfall would result in rising water in low level areas.

Unless there is some other Chambers Creek bridge on Ensign Road ... you can see the “turn around” spot and even where the grass is missing from people turning around there - right before the bridge on right side of road.
I would need a local to go see how usuable that turn around is at this point. If it’s not paved and not compacted raised caliche it may not be usable for a car. It’s been extremely wet in parts of TX. There are turn around before bridges in the Houston area that are blocked off because the ground is just so saturated. My husband got his truck stuck driving through the yard and there was no standing water and it hadn’t rained for a few days. Anything not 4 wheel drive may have issues and even then, they are getting buried to their axles around here in the muck.

If I remember correctly when you approach from the north side, you don’t have a real clear view of the creek below in a vehicle until you are at the top of that hill, at least not in our SUV. It’s rather steep, I remember thinking “Holy Crap” as we came around that curve the the road dropped down to that bridge below. Approaching from that side, she’s driving away from Ennis though. However I can’t figure out she would have left the friends house and needed to cross Chambers creek twice if she came from the other side. There aren’t any roads that I can find on google maps that would have her end up on the wrong side easily.

I’m a good 4 hours away so it’s a pretty long road trip for me to go check it out.

I tried to upload a picture from google maps of standing on the road on the north side at the turnaround but it says the file is too big. That road appears to be compacted caliche, not even paved. The turn around appears to be lower than the road but it’s hard to be definitive from the pictures. If it’s been used a lot it could be pretty tore up. The road is also very narrow, narrower than I remember. I think that’s more of a pull off to let someone pass before you get to the bridge, only one vehicle is going over that at a time. My shot is from May 2013.

Last edited:
In the pictures that have been taken you can see the high sides for several feet on each side when entering that I would think offered protection maybe up to 10 ft or more BUT it might have made Emily think it was SAFE to cross because it was more shallow there and she wouldn’t have felt the RUSH of waters until she was much further out ...
My heart is breaking for her family ...

I think so. Being as she was raised in an area that floods easily, there’s a point where the orange HIGH WATER signs are placed prior tho the water actually being too high to drive thru. I bet she thought she could scoot thru likecshe probably had in the past. In her hometown, the city gets the cones & signs out early, in anticipation of trouble.
She also was familiar with those roads. Jmo

I heard most of podcast. True about NG stirring controversy. Why did he think it so unusual seatbelt off and she’s out of car?? I’m sure window down, took seatbelt off and tried to swim.
JMO. Autopsy will confirm of course. I feel sorry for her family.
Maybe he saw something that he can't talk about due to an investigation?

As far as Nancy Grace goes- she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. People love her when they agree with her, hate her when they don't. She has kept more missing people in the spot light than any other person in the media. I've seen her have guests on that she clearly didn't agree with but she gave them their say, know what I mean? It's not one sided, regardless of her opinion. She dedicates her life to this, there's a lot of good in that woman.

Did you watch Gray Hughes (I think that’s his name...) video about this? It’s back a few pages in the thread. He shows exactly what the bridge looks like both with no water on it and it completely covered in water. It has no true sides. It would be soo easy to go right over it. If the water was as high as they say, the bridge isn’t even vaguely visible. The car would be too deep in water to drive through, turn around or stop. It’s pretty creepy looking. I have no idea why she was on that road. Gray mentioned that perhaps they had a few beers or smoked a little. (There is NO EVIDENCE of that at this time, just a theory only.) She may have gotten a little turned around like that. I just don’t see it. The road is crappy and I don’t see how she’d have thought that was right, seeing as she didn’t come in on such a road. Obviously, it’s a possibility, but it seems so strange to me. This is JMO, of course.
*edit, spelling...ugh

Last edited:
The car was a 2012 Nissan Altima? Did it have a sun roof? Could she have opened that and climbed on the roof?

Weren't they looking for a Nissan Altima in relation to the Bevers case which occurred not too far away? Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back