TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If cw can't verify his alibi he is in trouble!! It has been two weeks! His attorney better start explaining why there is so much trouble getting phone records etc@ so as to prove he is not a suspect and that they are not holding up release of records. My understanding is that he has been cooperative since discovering the bodies. Confusing!

Yes very strange for him to say that, especially bc even just a family member saying, “yes he was here with me all night,” should be considered “corroborating evidence” of an alibi (granted, weak evidence that I would never want to be forced to rely on). But it’s still “evidence” that he wasn’t at his home, right? And if he didn’t have at LEAST that, IMO he would have been named a suspect by now, if not arrested. I also assume, since he’s been said to be “highly cooperative,” that he’s also allowed them to look at his cell phone, surveillance cameras (if they exist), etc.(we know for sure he let them take his truck the day of). So my assumption is that what Sheriff meant was that he didn’t have any “independent evidence” (for lack of a better term) to verify the alibi yet? i.e. The forensic search results from his cell phone, etc. haven’t been completed yet. Because he also mentioned in one of his first press conferences that text messages can be “doctored.” So forensically (and quickly) searching all of the devices they have is what I assume the FBI will be primarily assisting with based on Sheriff’s comments in his interview this AM. It’s all very confusing and the public (and the families of NO and CW) shouldn’t be sitting around trying to decipher and guess what Sheriff is actually saying. I really wish he would stop commenting in the media until he has “some evidence” to share. Because right now it all just seems so disingenuous. Again, all IMO, MOO, etc.

If cw can't verify his alibi he is in trouble!! It has been two weeks! His attorney better start explaining why there is so much trouble getting phone records etc@ so as to prove he is not a suspect and that they are not holding up release of records. My understanding is that he has been cooperative since discovering the bodies. Confusing!
Why should he? Even if he was a suspect (he clearly isn’t), the attorney doesn’t need to prove anything!

If it was a "no brainer" to get the FBI involved then why did it take 2 weeks?

If the camera footage "evidence is in" then how can he say that "we dont have evidence to support or refute that Mr. Wheeler wasnt home"?

Trey ware states he saw something on social media and that it "may not be anybody that's in this universe". So like an alieno_O?

Salazar changes his wording from initial ruling (ME) and then says tentatively. So was the ME ruling initial, tentative, final?
If the ME's ruling wasn't final, he wouldn't have said suicide/homicide; the MOD would have been stated as "pending"

It is confusing. I would assume, at the least, they've obtained video from throughout the gated community. They should be able to verify, to a great extent, comings and goings. There has been a lot of talking without much being said IMO. No specific TOD, etc.

The constant referring to CW as a POI in sheriff interviews reminds me of the Rhoden case, where LE did not yet have enough proof to charge the Wagners, but basically haunted them and named them as " only POI" regularly. Which leads me to believe the sheriff believes it's the bf, JMO.

The possibilities IMO with the little LE has provided:

1 - BF , who would have to be smart/skilled enough to fool the ME who has ruled NO as a suicide.

2- Another unnamed POI, who came over when bf left, who would also have to be able to fool the ME

3- The stranger, same as above theories

4- NO killed the girls and herself (because in no way can I see someone else killing her girls, and her response is to kill herself).

We really don't know if NO and CW were frequent fighters that often spent nights apart or even if they were in an exclusive relationship, etc.

I do wonder what toxicology reports will eventually reveal....

Edited to add:
If the final ruling is found to be indeed M/S, that sheriff has done CW a great disservice and I hope it costs him his chance at reelection.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the answer might be, but find the outpouring of support for the wealthy boyfriend to be instructive.
Of course there is support for someone who is likely innocent of the crime. That will change the minute he is named a suspect. Why is there such an urge to drag his name through the mud? Based on what?

I have no idea what the answer might be, but find the outpouring of support for the wealthy boyfriend to be instructive.
I wouldn't call it outpouring as much as resistant to name a person without any evidence. The second some contrary evidence comes out that will change. Right now all the evidence points to a murder-suicide.

With Dr. Sievers, LEO started using POI with her husband Mark too.

It was towards the arrest but DEFINITELY as a lead up to it all.

We shall see. In this technology day and age, I mean is it really possible to outsmart feds.....

It is confusing. I would assume, at the least, they've obtained video from throughout the gated community. They should be able to verify, to a great extent, comings and goings. There has been a lot of talking without much being said IMO. No specific TOD, etc.

The constant referring to CW as a POI in sheriff interviews reminds me of the Rhoden case, where LE did not yet have enough proof to charge the Wagners, but basically haunted them and named them as " only POI" regularly. Which leads me to believe the sheriff believes it's the bf, JMO.

1 - BF , who would have to be smart/skilled enough to fool the ME who has ruled NO as a suicide.

2- Another unnamed POI, who came over when bf left, who would also have to be able to fool the ME

4- NO killed the girls and herself (because in no way can I see someone else killing her girls, and her response is to kill herself).

We really don't know if NO and CW were frequent fighters that often spent nights apart or even if they were in an exclusive relationship, etc.

Edited to add:
If the final ruling is found to be indeed M/S, that sheriff has done CW a great disservice and I hope it costs him his chance at reelection.

This Sheriff reminds of Sheriff Israel in Florida.

He was way more interested in making a name for himself than ever doing his job. He no longer has his job.

If this one is doing the same for his own personal or political gain he too needs to be removed from that position.

Imo

Edited to add:
CWs reputation will always be in question after all this no matter what the outcome!

Not meaning to ruffle feathers above; just noting that we have three dead women and an apparent eagerness to absolve the man who owned the property he allowed them to live on. Nor shall I mention the excoriation of Sheriff Javier Salazar and the overweening confidence in Dr. Randall E. Frost. I will stick with the word "instructive."

I wouldn't call it outpouring as much as resistant to name a person without any evidence. The second some contrary evidence comes out that will change. Right now all the evidence points to a murder-suicide.
Yes it does. Just because there's was no suicide note and Nichole seemed happy is no indication that she wouldn't commit suicide. Many past cases have fit this mode.

I'm on the fence too and have been on both sides.

:) yabbyyou. Instructive about the case? Or about the thread contributors? Given the paucity of facts -- ME is about the only one, and it's just one piece of a puzzle. Also, we have the fact that there was a fight, I believe, Sheriff said, and 3 women dead from gunshot wounds -- the fence is the only true place to be, imo. You can have a theory or an opinion, but speculation about the character of either person or the Sheriff is just making stories about what may or may not be the truth. Nothing wrong with that as long as all sides are welcome here. I imagine SA being divided down the middle on this case.

:) yabbyyou. Instructive about the case? Or about the thread contributors? Given the paucity of facts -- ME is about the only one, and it's just one piece of a puzzle. Also, we have the fact that there was a fight, I believe, Sheriff said, and 3 women dead from gunshot wounds -- the fence is the only true place to be, imo. You can have a theory or an opinion, but speculation about the character of either person or the Sheriff is just making stories about what may or may not be the truth. Nothing wrong with that as long as all sides are welcome here. I imagine SA being divided down the middle on this case.
I find those attitudes in general to be instructive ones, not limited to those whose right it is to espouse them here.

Not meaning to ruffle feathers above; just noting that we have three dead women and an apparent eagerness to absolve the man who owned the property he allowed them to live on. Nor shall I mention the excoriation of Sheriff Javier Salazar and the support for Dr. Randall E. Frost. I will stick with the word "instructive."
If there is evidence to the contrary of innocence or would lead LE to consider cw a suspect arrest him! If not innocent until proven guilty. CWs name is bantered all over social media. If he did this he needs to be locked away for life! Until there is evidence there is the presumption that he in innocent. At this juncture I do believe there is no evidence against CW or he would be arrested .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj