GUILTY AZ - Sex abuse probe after patient in vegetative state has baby, Phoenix, 29 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Why is the animal charged with sexual assault/vulnerable adult abuse and not rape?

Ahhh, may the day come he is a victim of “vulnerable adult abuse”.

It will be interesting to learn, was he the regular nurse for this patient, during his shift? What, exactly, was he doing when attending to her? Was rape a regular occurrence? Bet it didn’t happen just once. Moo

Last edited:
I know it's Arizona and everything here is about citizenship, but please, let's not turn this into a thread about that. Please, let's stay dignified for this woman. Thank you.

That was not meant to be "Maga", it is in relationship to INA law. Which is relevant.

I don't think that citizenship is rescinded very often, and in this case, it definitely merits review.

That was not meant to be "Maga", it is in relationship to INA law. Which is relevant.

I don't think that citizenship is rescinded very often, and in this case, it definitely merits review.
Do we know if he wasn't born in the US?

Wow.
I'm not sure proving penetration will be possible since she gave birth. Man I hope there is enough here to put this guy away.

If she's aware that worries me that he will use that to claim she's not incapacitated. I am also concerned about him having parental rights, we've seen it happen before.

I hate this case so much.

Nurse, 36, who was arrested for raping incapacitated patient, 29, is placed on $500,000 bond | Daily Mail Online
A Maricopa County Superior Court commissioner placed the recently divorced defendant on a $500,000 cash-only bail bond. He is being held in the Maricopa County Jail and his next court appearance will be January 30. If released, he would be placed on house arrest and ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device.
Gregan told the court there was 'no direct evidence' to suggest his client had committed the crime, but he acknowledged the DNA evidence obtained by police.

Sutherland - a Haitian orphan - has been a licensed practical nurse since 2011 and was directly responsible for caring for the victim at the Hacienda HealthCare Facility, according to police.

He divorced from his wife, Bridget Sutherland, last year. The motion was ordered on December 28, 24 hours before the birth of the victim's child.

The defendant refused to answer investigator's questions after his arrest.

Hacienda officials say Sutherland went through an 'extensive background check' before he was hired.

upload_2019-1-24_1-26-41.jpeg
The 36-year-old is a devout Christian who tours local churches in Phoenix with his sister (right) under the group name, 'SLEEPLESSSOLJAZ'

upload_2019-1-24_1-25-6.jpeg
Sutherland divorced from his wife last Bridgett last year

upload_2019-1-24_1-25-28.jpeg
Bridgett owns a catering company which Sutherland has worked for
upload_2019-1-24_1-26-2.jpeg
According to court documents, the motion of divorce was ordered on December 28, 24 hours before the birth of the victim's child (pictured: Sutherland sings at Bridgett's birthday in October, 2016)

_105314064_arizonasuspect.jpg

A nurse in Arizona has been charged with sexual assault after a vulnerable patient under his care gave birth.

The suspect has been named as Nathan Sutherland, 36, who worked at the Hacienda Healthcare clinic.
Nurse held in incapacitated woman's birth

Sutherland's wife filed for divorce Dec. 5 — three weeks before the victim gave birth.

She requested that the court not disclose her address in the divorce petition because she was afraid Sutherland's ex-wife and former mother-in-law would harass her "as they did before." She didn't provide any additional details.

A copy of the summons was served to Sutherland while he was at work at Hacienda.

The couple married in 2012, shortly after Sutherland's divorce from his first marriage was finalized.

The couple do not have any children together. Sutherland has two underage children from his first marriage

Hacienda HealthCare sexual-assault case: Who is nurse Nathan Sutherland?

Link to a bio about NS's christian rap duo.

SLS (Sleeplessouljaz) | CD Baby Music Store

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_music_1?ie=UTF8&field-artist=Sls+(Sleeplessouljaz)&search-alias=music

SLS (SLEEPLESSOULJAZ) | Christian/Gospel from Gilbert, AZ

Last edited:
“Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said at a news conference that 36-year-old Nathan Sutherland was arrested and will be charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse for the incident at the Hacienda Healthcare facility in Phoenix.

[SBM]

The chief said that officers used ‘good old-fashioned police work’ in addition to DNA tests on the baby to find a match and made the arrest. Sutherland had worked at the facility since 2011, officials added.

We owed this arrest for the victim, we owed this arrest for the newest member of our community, that innocent baby,’ Williams said.

[SBM]

‘We may not know how many times this occurred,’ Phoenix police spokesman Tommy Thompson told reporters. Investigators had obtained a court order to collect DNA from Sutherland, which was compared to DNA from the baby boy.

[SBM]

The baby boy is ‘doing well,’ according to Thompson, who added that it's the community's job to protect the child.

‘We can't choose how we come into this world,’ he told reporters.

[SBM]“ (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ive-state-who-gave-birth-at-care-facility.amp

Kudos to Chief Williams and her team.

Last edited:
How on earth did the pregnancy go undetected? She most likely had a catheter that needed changes during that 9 MONTHS Right?

She may or may not have a catheter-- likely not, as she has been incapacitated for 26 years, and the infection issues for a long term catheter are enormous.

As to "how did no one see the physical changes of pregnancy?"-- As a severely disabled person who is unable to move herself, walk, shift positions, etc-- her physical condition may have masked the ordinary changes of pregnancy. It's possible she didn't have a regular menstrual period, although clearly she was ovulating at least some of the time.

She is likely dependent on a feeding tube, and long term patients on the high sugar liquid tube feed diets often develop truncal obsesity, in addition to laxness of skeletal and abdominal muscles, combined with stiffness and contractures, etc. Her physical body habitus in the abdominal area ("shape") may have concealed a growing uterus. The baby may have been very small, while full term-- we don't know. She may have limb (hip) contractures making her physical shape difficult to assess for the usual signs of pregnancy.

Just some of the issues with a decades-long condition of immobility/ incapacitation.

Details on the 911 call at the time of the baby's birth. Yikes.

The unnamed nurse screamed into the phone at the 911 dispatcher: "The baby's turning blue! Baby's turning blue!" She urged the paramedics to come faster. "We're not prepared for this."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/We-had-no-idea-she-was-pregnant-911-call-13528826.php

Can you just imagine the profound shock of walking into the patient's room and finding a recently delivered infant struggling to breathe under the sheets of an incapacitated patient?? Holy buckets.

Nursing home staff are not trained or prepared for this kind of thing. I hope they're all doing ok.

Former co-worker shocked at Nathan Sutherland's arrest in sexual assault case at Hacienda Healthcare

Riggers said there were many women who were about the same age as the victim in that wing, and just like the victim, some were not able to communicate verbally.

She also worried about the other patients in the same wing as the victim, whom Sutherland had to care for as well.

DNA they obtained from Sutherland was a perfect match with DNA obtained from a baby born to an incapacitated woman who was one of Sutherland's patients at Hacienda Healthcare.

Former co-worker reacts to arrest of Nathan Sutherland

How on earth did the pregnancy go undetected? She most likely had a catheter that needed changes during that 9 MONTHS Right?

Diapers. But still. Yea, how did this go unnoticed? IMO, itvdidnt, it was kept quiet. Any doctor would HAVE to notice, imo. Did they think her breasts were suddenly enlarging for no reason?
I’m confused how the family didn't notice a weight gain. However, we don’t know, was the victim completely covered with a blanket during visits?
Omg, the nurse is a hideous disgusting pig that probably is guilty of more than this with female patients.
Why is a male nurse even alone with a female patient?
I couldn’t be ill enough to have him in my room or allow him to touch me. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress