Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless im not understanding the photos, the plug looks like solid concrete has been poured in and completely sealed, it doesnt look like debris thats fallen in with julen?

unless im not understanding the photos, the plug looks like solid concrete has been poured in and completely sealed, it doesnt look like debris thats fallen in with julen?
The English versions that I have found regarding the ‘plug’ and how it may have been formed leave out details that the translated Spanish account has in the post linked below.

In the link within the post: Julen fell in the hole, and in his father’s immediate reaction to retrieve him with his hand down the hole, the soil surrounding the top of the borehole gave way on top of Julen.

ACTIVE SEARCH - Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

The hope is that Julen fell in, and a plug of earth, rock or other ‘stopper’ was dislodged after him with the soil debris on top of the stopper. Moisture from the soil is making it look and act similar to concrete(?)

120 hours (5 days).....

A Swedish firm which helped locate the 33 Chilean miners rescued in 2010 after 69 days underground has joined the massive operation to try to locate Julen ahead of his hoped-for rescue alive.

Police insist they are working on the basis Julen is still alive. Privately officials have admitted the chances he will survive what could be around 120 hours underground in the best of scenarios, are slim unless he is in an air pocket and has access to water.
Julen Rosello: Inside well where parents pray child is still alive

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-23_21-10-25.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-23_21-10-25.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5
Splitting my time today between two lost little boys; Julen in Spain and Casey Hathaway in North Carolina. In both cases local communities have come together to help and pray for the safe return of each boy and rescuers are working around the clock. In both cases the odds of finding an alive child drops with each passing hour. I guess it's a small world after all. Waiting and hoping for rescues and not recoveries for Julen and Casey...

Please let tomorrow be the day miners reach Julen.

I hope so too but it doesn't look like it. It's Thursday 4am in Spain and the latest tweet says the miners are still waiting to go down. Once down in the hole it will take another 24 hours or so to break through to the well and reach Julen.

I wonder what the new hold up is.

SUR en directo

@SURDirecto

#RescateJulen | Casi no hay actividad en el puesto de mando de #Totalán. En la montaña se trabaja para que los mineros puedan entrar en escena.

There is almost no activity in the command post of # Totalán. In the mountain work is done so that the miners can enter the scene.

Twitter

I hope so too but it doesn't look like it. It's Thursday 4am in Spain and the latest tweet says the miners are still waiting to go down. Once down in the hole it will take another 24 hours or so to break through to the well and reach Julen.

I wonder what the new hold up is

@SURDirecto

#RescateJulen | Casi no hay actividad en el puesto de mando de #Totalán. En la montaña se trabaja para que los mineros puedan entrar en escena.

There is almost no activity in the command post of # Totalán. In the mountain work is done so that the miners can enter the scene.

Twitter

Ugh, I don't see how this little darling could survive all of this time- no food, water, and the temperature alone down there as well as the air quality can't be healthy for him. Poor darling- praying for a miracle, but prepared for the worst.

It's been 9 days........way too long.

39DD6D0D-53C5-4E46-AE7C-536662259CA0.jpeg

“Meanwhile, Spain's Civil Guard is investigating whether the narrow, deep borehole theboy fell into was drilled illegally.”

Spanish news: Engineers hit fresh snag to reach toddler Julen Rosello

I hope a serious investigation is conducted after Julen has been recovered. This cannot happen again. From the times I have been to Spain I have seen health and safety risks that have caused me concern.

This is a good graphic showing what the rescuers are trying to do.

View attachment 165574

“Meanwhile, Spain's Civil Guard is investigating whether the narrow, deep borehole theboy fell into was drilled illegally.”

Spanish news: Engineers hit fresh snag to reach toddler Julen Rosello

I hope a serious investigation is conducted after Julen has been recovered. This cannot happen again. From the times I have been to Spain I have seen health and safety risks that have caused me concern.

This is a good graphic showing what the rescuers are trying to do.
from that diagram wouldnt the angle of dirt excavation cause rock etc to fall in on julen?

From 2 hours ago:

SUR en directo

@SURDirecto

#RescateJulen | Llegan más medios de comunicación para intentar documentar la llegada de los mineros, aunque no hay confirmación oficial de cuándo subirán a la zona de búsqueda.

More media arrive to try to document the arrival of the miners, although there is no official confirmation of when they will go to the search area.

Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member