Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is a lot of unnecessary judgement on her "partying" and DUI since the twins, but I am wondering if maybe she used some opiates for the first time since pregnancy and her tolerance was lowered and they all panicked? I keep discounting that theory because OD's are so common out here that surely selling or providing her drugs would not dissuade a 911 call. <modsnip - fb rumor >

Drug use, after maybe not using, while carrying the twins, could have hit her very hard. That's the worst time to fallback, is to use what you are used to using, before you were sober for several months. Your body has not tolerance built up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lucky so far. Usually, when I need a phone it's dead or not with me. I used to do this thing where I would call my own phone from someone elses and leave a message saying who I was with or I'd call a friend so someone would have the number of the last person I was with. My thought was well if they are going to kill me hopefully they get caught. Not great story about safety lol. I really hope she is alright. No one deserves to vanish because they got in someone's car.
I’m sorry, if you felt you were in danger why? Why if you felt that uncomfortable, did you stay and send a text? Not BLAMING at all, trying to understand when SOS texts are sent out and how often.?
I have already stated that I was a stupid young woman, I wonder about my time being stupid with all the social media today. Everyone would have surely ignored me with all my sos’s!

In that area, there are homes she could have walked to, very easily. It's not all just barren farmland. Not saying she did take off walking or not, but I've seen folks do that. People are drunk, or high, at a party type atmosphere, and folks will get an idea that they're going home, and will take off walking. Not smart, but no one is super smart, when they are intoxicated.

Yup, a lot of homes.
If super intoxicated, she prob wd have passed out.

I (just barely) remember being young, drinking, and taking off on foot if I wanted to leave a place and no one else was ready, or “just because”...long before phones offered any source of protection. So it is not impossible to me that she left on foot but after that, who knows. I shudder often at the thought of risks I took way back when.

Same. I've done really stupid stuff... Ridden with strangers, walked, name it, I've bought the t-shirt. She could have even taken off and w/alcohol and the cold, fallen into a ditchline. There are no shoulders on the roads in much of rural Ky.

Same. I've done really stupid stuff... Ridden with strangers, walked, name it, I've bought the t-shirt. She could have even taken off and w/alcohol and the cold, fallen into a ditchline. There are no shoulders on the roads in much of rural Ky.

I’m not sure how rural or what part of the state you’re referring to, I take mostly back roads where I’m at and there are definitely shoulders. They may not be as big as some of the highway or parkway shoulders but they’re definitely big enough for a cop to pull you over in lol

I’m not sure how rural or what part of the state you’re referring to, I take mostly back roads where I’m at and there are definitely shoulders. They may not be as big as some of the highway or parkway shoulders but they’re definitely big enough for a cop to pull you over in lol

In my area, it depends on the road. Some roads require a vehicle to pull in a driveway or proceed on to a safe pull off area, if they have blue lights in their rear view (been there....done that).
What do you think happened? Ty

Not where I'm at, in the rural areas, no, there's not. Unless Fall Lick has changed much in the past few years, there aren't any shoulders.

Yeah, I don't think she would up and leave her kids/nor do I think she is holed up somewhere with either of the two men.

Something happened to her and it is probably not good.

JMO.

If you visit Richmond/Lexington, I believe you’d walk away confused. Jmo.
Idk if I can or should name specific establishments, SS is not a stranger to the night life. That’s okay.
This is just “different” with the lack of community concern, imo.

In my area, it depends on the road. Some roads require a vehicle to pull in a driveway or proceed on to a safe pull off area, if they have blue lights in their rear view (been there....done that).
What do you think happened? Ty

I hope she just took off to clear her head and de stress but I think that’s highly unlikely :(

Logically speaking though, if something bad happened to her I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be accidental. Maybe whoever she was with got scared of whatever implications could’ve come from whatever happened to her so they decided to cover it up. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that she knew the guys or whoever she ended up being around that night. It sounds like they weren’t in her immediate friend group since her closest friends and family didn’t recognize them. she could’ve known them peripherally and thought she could trust them. I know people are coming down pretty hard on her lifestyle but there are a lot of family and friends who say she was responsible and I don’t think she would’ve just left with strangers and gone to another county farther than her own.

If she did just walk off though- I could see that happening too. It’s been so cold and she definitely wasn’t dressed for the kind of weather we’ve been having. I think they would’ve found her though by now. Unless someone accidentally hit her with their car while she was walking and covered it up. I just really don’t think that happened here though.

Statistically speaking, it’s more likely that whatever happened is going to turn out to be accidental and covered up.

Ditto! I am amazed I lived through the 70’s in South Florida! I was relentless with my daughter is NC.

I’m sorry, if you felt you were in danger why? Why if you felt that uncomfortable, did you stay and send a text? Not BLAMING at all, trying to understand when SOS texts are sent out and how often.?
I have already stated that I was a stupid young woman, I wonder about my time being stupid with all the social media today. Everyone would have surely ignored me with all my sos’s!
I'm talking about a time before I had an iphone. And I didn't always have my phone with me. I didn't feel in danger it was just something I did in case my instincts were wrong. My ex and I fought a few times and I was left in Atlantic City. One time I chilled at a house until the trains started running back to Philly. Another time I got a ride with a bread delivery guy. I was lucky. But at the same time the people that have actually hurt me are people I knew.

I'm talking about a time before I had an iphone. And I didn't always have my phone with me. I didn't feel in danger it was just something I did in case my instincts were wrong. My ex and I fought a few times and I was left in Atlantic City. One time I chilled at a house until the trains started running back to Philly. Another time I got a ride with a bread delivery guy. I was lucky. But at the same time the people that have actually hurt me are people I knew.

I have definitely made my fair share of really dumb decisions. It surprises me that I came out of my early adulthood essentially unscathed lol. I definitely thought I was invincible there for a while, probably due to so little life experience. Any one of my bad decisions could’ve put me in a similar situation as any of these missing women cases I read about.

ETA: spelling :(

I'm leaning to her being ok.Whatever the circumstances be,Idc..just bring her home safely!However basing off my own research with this case-I feel it may be a hoax and was thought out with a get rich quick profit in mind.By whom??Idk!

I hope she just took off to clear her head and de stress but I think that’s highly unlikely :(

Logically speaking though, if something bad happened to her I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be accidental. Maybe whoever she was with got scared of whatever implications could’ve come from whatever happened to her so they decided to cover it up. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that she knew the guys or whoever she ended up being around that night. It sounds like they weren’t in her immediate friend group since her closest friends and family didn’t recognize them. she could’ve known them peripherally and thought she could trust them. I know people are coming down pretty hard on her lifestyle but there are a lot of family and friends who say she was responsible and I don’t think she would’ve just left with strangers and gone to another county farther than her own.

If she did just walk off though- I could see that happening too. It’s been so cold and she definitely wasn’t dressed for the kind of weather we’ve been having. I think they would’ve found her though by now. Unless someone accidentally hit her with their car while she was walking and covered it up. I just really don’t think that happened here though.

Statistically speaking, it’s more likely that whatever happened is going to turn out to be accidental and covered up.

If she’s alive & safe, the game needs to end. Resources need not be wasted. We’re in for another blast of arctic air, not safe for searchers, etc.
When I’ve been out, people seem concerned that a new mom was out in the first place....l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82