CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this was after they had vanished and with Joey being mysteriously sick all the time people put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

There was a lot of bad stuff printed about Summer about her age and surnames. As Chase has said a billion times in this interview she was ‘verbal’ when she wasn’t happy. Even McG said she sent some very verbal texts to him days before they vanished.

My heart totally breaks for Summer. Its horrible to know how much she was vilified when the poor woman had been murdered in cold blood along with her babies and husband.

I couldnt ever understand the venom many seem to have against Summer. It was way over the top and bizarre imo.

Imo

Again, to be fair... people can shop at second had stores, thrift shops, yard sales and STILL have a shopping problem! I have watched many episodes of Hoarding (on Sunday mornings haha), where the problem is not just hoarding, it's a shopping addiction, regardless of the cost.. some cheap shoppers, which allows them to "justify" the expenses, other's are expensive shoppers. Some people "justify" it by saying "but it was on sale".

But looking at the house and it doesn’t scream that Summer had a out of control spending habit.

I think it's fair he had more daily contact with Joey than his family did plus he had a business to take care of with him.

Right, but he did go, they took 3 more days even after he went to Susan's. I am not accusing them of anything in regards to their disappearance, but we are to hold CM to a different standard than his family? I'm not sure that's "fair".

I feel like this is going to come off as defending him LOL And I don't want it to... but I also want to look at the evidence, I want to hear the evidence, and I don't want to just believe he did this without proof. Last week, I started looking back on old threads and stuff, but decided I wanted to just hear the evidence. I want to hear what the jury is hearing and hopefully be able to come to the conclusion that yes, he did these murders, and yes he is going to get convicted, and yes, there are no questions about it. I have already heard things that are not true that we have believed to be true for so many years... just as an example... Mike always said that LE told him he could take the computer and they could clean the house... DuGal said that is not true and that he did not tell them that.

But looking at the house and it doesn’t scream that Summer had a out of control spending habit.
Don't forget, most of their belongings were in storage pods. They never were able to recover those pods, the family I mean. And according to DuGal, they never went and checked those out.

ETA: I don't know that she did have a spending problem, I was just saying that it doesn't matter where the purchases are made, it can still be a "problem".

Again, to be fair... people can shop at second had stores, thrift shops, yard sales and STILL have a shopping problem! I have watched many episodes of Hoarding (on Sunday mornings haha), where the problem is not just hoarding, it's a shopping addiction, regardless of the cost.. some cheap shoppers, which allows them to "justify" the expenses, other's are expensive shoppers. Some people "justify" it by saying "but it was on sale".

He boast he was getting 65 percent and Joey only got 35 percent of the profits yet he has to steal to get by?

I think he should have worried more about fixing his own money problems rather than whining about Summer's spending habits that was none of his business in the first place.

He doesnt miss a chance to disparage the woman he murdered. How vile.

He is worthless human waste imo.

My heart totally breaks for Summer. Its horrible to know how much she was vilified when the poor woman had been murdered in cold blood along with her babies and husband.

I couldnt ever understand the venom many seem to have against Summer. It was way over the top and bizarre imo.

Imo

I think it comes down to gender roles and some people are threatened by women who don’t necessarily play their given role in society. Like Chase for example he hated her because she wouldn’t take any of his crap and would call him on. He thought because he was a man that automatically meant he was superior to her.

I am like Summer + stubborn and won’t take any crap off anybody but it does rub some people the wrong way as it’s not seen as feminine.

Also I am a animal lover but I’m sorry if Chase was such a good friend to Joey why would he not of taken the dogs with him?

I would never leave a puppy out side where anything could of happened to it. They was inside dogs and putting down water isn’t good enough.

He's so bitter the way he talks about everyone - it's underneath all his words, he sees himself as a victim who has to suffer everyone imo.
He is a weak, weak man. In the interview we heard today, he states that he made 75% of the income for Joey's business.
Really? If his pockets were so well-lined how is it that in one of his interviews he says if Joseph doesn't return I can't make my rent?

I think it comes down to gender roles and some people are threatened by women who don’t necessarily play their given role in society. Like Chase for example he hated her because she wouldn’t take any of his crap and would call him on. He thought because he was a man that automatically meant he was superior to her.

I am like Summer + stubborn and won’t take any crap off anybody but it does rub some people the wrong way as it’s not seen as feminine.

All I can figure out is many did buy into his downright lies about Summer.

Last edited:
Right, but he did go, they took 3 more days even after he went to Susan's. I am not accusing them of anything in regards to their disappearance, but we are to hold CM to a different standard than his family? I'm not sure that's "fair".
I would expect a business partner and best friend to not wait 5 or 6 days to go down and check to see what's happened when he's not able to make contact. What his family did/didn't do is another matter, it has no bearing on what he did. It's not about who cares more it's about who is in the better position to know soonest how unexpected it was, because they spoke so frequently many times a day and his knowledge of the family life was so intimate, as he is revealing.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - Merritt said there was a bag of dog food in the open shed and an empty water dish. He said that wasn't normal. He filled water dish and put back in shed and went straight down to Joseph's mother's house.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3m3 minutes ago
#McStay - Merritt: "The doors were locked on that Tuesday ...it was either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Merritt said he had been to Joseph's mom's house before when he helped him move from the San Clemente place. Joseph left a lot of potted plants and things at his mom's house.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - Merritt said Joseph's mom said she hadn't heard from Joseph. She said she would try to contact him, Summer, etc.. Merritt then tells investigators he went back to Fallbrook house on Friday, Feb 12. He talked to Mike and went to house, Mike didn't meet him that day.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - Merritt says on the 12th he knocked on neighbor's doors, no one was home. He went to the backyard and said the water bowl he filled and put in the shed was now out in the yard. He called Mikey and Joseph's mother, saying someone must be taking care of the dogs.

Alli can figure out is many did buy into his downright lies about Summer.

Yes that’s the problem with any case you only get so much information and people jump the gun.

Wasn’t Rick Baker another one who said she may of poisoned Joey as well?

Then all the stuff about her having different surnames and her lying about her DOB meant people thought the worse.

Plus she wasn’t close with Joey’s family and I am sure there was other stuff but it seemingly painted her in a bad light.

He is a weak, weak man. In the interview we heard today, he states that he made 75% of the income for Joey's business.
Really? If his pockets were so well-lined how is it that in one of his interviews he says if Joseph doesn't return I can't make my rent?

He said he got 65 percent of the profit and Joey only got 35 percent. We can see what Joey did with what he made.

What did CM accomplish with his 65 percent profit? Nada...except stealing and the 4 dead bodies he buried in the desert.

That's all he will ever be known as doing.

Imo

Yes that’s the problem with any case you only get so much information and people jump the gun.

Wasn’t Rick Baker another one who said she may of poisoned Joey as well?

Then all the stuff about her having different surnames and her lying about her DOB meant people thought the worse.

Plus she wasn’t close with Joey’s family and I am sure there was other stuff but it seemingly painted her in a bad light.

I've followed many cases over the years and I cant recall anyone being vilified like Summer was for years on end.

It was abnormally aggressive imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member