Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that you are always on top of things here. This had rabbit hole and distraction written all over it. And I would probably have helped it along, haha!

I was about to write similar wording.....

IMO the 'horror house' (JTP's hangout) is the place that should be bought, and torn down. But only with the blessings of the Closs' family, of course. I am positive that many would gladly contribute to that fund.

Has it been confirmed that his father was supporting him to that extent?

No nothing confirmed by anyone on any aspect of support financially to jake 12 to 21

We don’t know what dad did .. only one point he was electrical supply sales rep.

It is all bizarre....but we don’t know what parents bought into from jake.. if he used them as puppets... I probably wouldn’t talk and assume my kid is defcon5 evil.

Nothing would surprise anyone, giving him 1k month, or him being on disability, couldn’t begin to know what home was like last 8 yrs. would it stun me if jake kidnapped girl off bus, just to piss off mom, nope.

This is the first case that I know of where all the details of what happened weren’t immediately released. I’m wondering if it’s because Jayme didn’t tell everything yet, LE purposefully is doing so to give her space to heal or possibly nothing beyond fear & physical abuse happened (I hope)?

Do any of you think withholding this info from the public is a good thing? Would releasing it be beneficial in any way to the victim? I would think this would make someone more vulnerable. I’m not sure it would help at all with their healing. They probably just want to live privately and be at peace.

I also wonder if all this “hero” and “smiling” stuff is a good thing for Jayme. Seems like a lot of pressure to put on her.
We are a long way from a trial for JPs crimes. We have the Criminal Complaint from the Arraignment which was enough to hold him over for trial. The next court date is Feb 6 where more details probably will be released.

There is a sealed complaint which I can only think is one issue. If correct, Wisconsin does not have a statute of limitations for those crimes. Meaning, they can be pursed in future years or decades, if desired. I'm sure that female FBI child/adolescent forensic interviewer got plenty of information.

89 items were removed from where JC was held. Forensics testing is probably on going or waiting results.

I'm sure information/pictures to and from JC are being tightly controlled.

idk. A lot of people run ads for handyman work in ads like Craigslist or something. So, he might have traveled a bit for odd jobs. But whatever the case, I have a hard time thinking his dad just handed him money, not insisting he do something to sustain himself, at least partially.

Normally agree 100 percent , but wouldn’t put past jake having something on dad and using it, or dad/mom feeling guilty about divorce...

We are a long way from a trial for JPs crimes. We have the Criminal Complaint from the Arraignment which was enough to hold him over for trial. The next court date is Feb 6 where more details probably will be released.

There is a sealed complaint which I can only think is one issue. If correct, Wisconsin does not have a statute of limitations for those crimes. Meaning, they can be pursed in future years or decades, if desired. I'm sure that female FBI child/adolescent forensic interviewer got plenty of information.

89 items were removed from where JC was held. Forensics testing is probably on going or waiting results.

I'm sure information/pictures to and from JC are being tightly controlled.

I remember some trials from the Court TV days when the prosecution brought in the boxes and such where people had been kidnapped and secretly held. Seems like I remember also seeing the actual bathtub where someone was killed. I wonder if the entire bed with its attendant bins and weights has been preserved to show just in case JP goes to trial. I say "just in case" because I have a feeling he will plead guilty with some kind of a deal at the last minute. MOO

Last edited:
Theory:
Older siblings are slightly closer due to age, JTP becomes unwanted tag-along tattletale that parents dote on/expect to play the part of 'distraction' glue holding appearances together (pressure to maintain or repeat earlier identity to family?) Furthermore, expect the sister & brother to watch him after while they bicker over whatever frivolous nonsense it was eating at their relationship.
JTP was coddled as the 'baby' of the family and had neither skills nor patience to adjust from the prized darling to harsh reality of his parents' split.
Resents school & by proxy children his mother ferries to school, as an extension of family he feels he must compete with for Mother.

Once caught, JTP's Parents of course take this opportune instance to engage in hysterics centering themselves (mom can't leave house, father sobbing in court).

If there isn't significant connections/events within the former neighborhood triggering the undoing of this family, I'll be shocked.

Emphasis on the sentence I bolded. Quoting: " Resents school & by proxy children his mother ferries to school, as an extension of family he feels he must compete with for Mother."

This is such a startling and different theory about why JP may have been stalking Middle School girls who rode the Barron school buses.
Is it possible he did deeply and bitterly come to resent his mother for going to work driving cute little children to school and home again? I think she likely would have talked about the children on her route some... maybe got little gifts like teachers do....

The many apparent tangles in JP's mind, it's maybe not
a case of a raging sociopath but something more unusual. Evil which defies description against a happy, thriving family who were at least mostly strangers to him? Things are being reported or discussed as possibilities which are complicated and layered about his history. Not in any way to lessen the horror and criminality of what he did to James, Denise, and Jayme but that maybe this is a more complicated mixed type of criminal than we usually run across.
JMO, but re-evaluating the concept of any attempt to label someone except as what we know: A double murderer, and a violent abductor of their minor child.

Last edited:
I remember some trials from the Court TV days where the prosecution brought in the boxes and such where people had been kidnapped and secretly held. Seems like I remember also seeing the actual bathtub where someone was killed. I wonder if the entire bed with its attendant bins and weiriefghts has been preserved to show just in case JP goes to trial. I say "just in case" because I have a feeling he will plead guilty with some kind of a deal at the last minute. MOO
I don't know. Definitely would like JP to plead guilty. I'd be happy if he pleads no contest. Would save two families further grief and allow them to move forward with their lives. To go to trial is to JPs benefit. County jail is preferable to state prison. Not costing him a cent for defense either.

you wonder did he get this in his head from
playing computer games like hitman
or reading horror movie books like nuts
The way he covered up the crime really sounds like
a movie called mr brooks

I know there is no information either way, but does anyone think this crime would not of happened to the Closs family, if JC was older like 17 or 18 rather than 13? IIRC his only known girlfriend was when he was a freshman which puts JC near that age. Has JP been hung up on that girl all these years?

Would love to snoop his digital devices to see what his female interests were.

I also wonder about the bed with the pikachu looking fat white stuffed animal- that kind of looks like current stuffed animals for sale

It doesn't look like a pokemon animal to me.
I thought the door we see in that room was a closet but now I think it is the room door. Outside the door I've decided the white thing is a chest freezer propped open for storage, and next to that is a dehumidifier.

I know there is no information either way, but does anyone think this crime would not of happened to the Closs family, if JC was older like 17 or 18 rather than 13? IIRC his only known girlfriend was when he was a freshman which puts JC near that age. Has JP been hung up on that girl all these years?

He wouldn't have known how old Jayme actually was when he saw her at the bus stop. IMO she looks her age, 12-14, and that's why she was chosen. Had Jayme been 16 or 17 but still looked the way she does now (so young for her age), I think he still would have chosen her. Had Jayme been 16 or 17 and actually appeared to be an older teen, I think he would have gone with someone else.

Not sure that JP is still "hung up" on that particular girl from his freshman year, but it's possible he's stunted to that time for some unknown reason. Also a chance that he didn't care for women of his own age for whatever reason and therefore felt more comfortable with a young girl-possibly because he thought they'd be easier to control and he could have the upper hand.

I remember some trials from the Court TV days where the prosecution brought in the boxes and such where people had been kidnapped and secretly held. Seems like I remember also seeing the actual bathtub where someone was killed. I wonder if the entire bed with its attendant bins and weights has been preserved to show just in case JP goes to trial. I say "just in case" because I have a feeling he will plead guilty with some kind of a deal at the last minute. MOO

I can see a jury field trip to view the space where Jayme was confined. I think it almost has to be seen to be believed, because most adults may not have seen a twin sized bed for many years and don't realize how very small they are.
The totes and weights would add gravitas to the torture of her being trapped thusly in his bedroom as well, IMO.

All JMO.

Oh! I did see that article when it was first published, but didn’t pay attention to that particular pic, and yes, that looks like a front loading washing machine.

I also wonder about the bed with the pikachu looking fat white stuffed animal- that kind of looks like current stuffed animals for sale along side sparkly and pinky colored clothes in stores like Justice. I was at the mall a couple of days ago. :confused:

Pikachu as been around for a long time, but those new plushies seem to be a new craze. Just wondering.

I thought that was a pig myself. My kids are into Pokemon and all their Pikachus are yellow.

Thats good point... I said early on ... chubby 27 yr old he ain’t stopping...

If he’s PEDO than it’s in his wheelhouse.
If he’s bat crazy, and this is to get back at mom for divorce/remarry, he’s gonna have to get that age demo...age 15/16 they drive...

I think he’d like to brag about murders for 50 years, if he’s a PEDO that physically went after child, not gonna be much fun for him in prison.

I think there are some mentions of odd jobs in the media. So hard to keep track of everything.
"Ron Kofal, a lifelong Gordon resident who lives about a mile from the cabin where Jayme was held, said he met Mr. Patterson at the ICO gas station on Highway 53. He said Mr. Patterson, whom he described as “clean cut and shy,” sometimes performed odd jobs around town, like yard work and cabin maintenance, and had seemed pleasant in his interactions with him."​
‘How Could We Not Know?’ Kidnapping Suspect Hid in Plain Sight

you wonder did he get this in his head from
playing computer games like hitman
or reading horror movie books like nuts
The way he covered up the crime really sounds like
a movie called mr brooks

Well, as a HUGE horror movie fan...There are hundreds of movies and books, maybe thousands if you count indies, about home invasions, abductions, and murderers. That's before you even get to all the Criminal Minds, CSI, NCIS, Law & Order, LA Law, Hart 2 Hart, Murder She Wrote, Poirot, Elementary, Diagnosis Murder, and 1-800-Missing episodes and more recent shows like The Killing, The Fall, and True Detective. Murder/abduction stories must be one of the most popular tropes in the history of fiction. They're nothing new. Fairy tales and mythological stories share some of the same basic plot lines.

The basic idea may have come from someplace else, but that source didn't make him commit the crime. Millions of people play these games, watch these movies, and are fans of these books and they don't reenact any of the plots.

Yes, we still don't know where those pictures cane from or how old they are. Some assume they may be of the sisters room when she lived there. It obviously is not Patterson's room with the bed he made her stay under. Imo

It appears to be the sister's room. MOO I think that JC had some freedom to move around the house when JP was there, and it looks like she may have slept in this room. The complaint didn't say that she was under his bed all the time, but when he left or when he had people over. I thought if I could get some idea of the layout of the house it might make some sense how much she was about. Since almost all the blinds were open when LE arrived, I was kind of thinking maybe she wasn't upstairs, because maybe from the upstairs windows she could have seen other houses in the neighborhood but downstairs she might have thought they were really in the middle of the woods. Totally my own guesses.
It is really weird how most of the house looks like they just up and left everything like it was, and then lived on top of the old stuff. Another thing I thought was weird was that all the pictures / wall art, with the possible exception of the picture in the sisters(?) room looks like completely generic junk. Stuff you'd pick up from a garage sale.

None of the pictures show the rooms that would matter or the bed or the weights, etc. I agree. But we can determine one thing. They are current and someone leaked them or let someone in to take them or they come from a Patterson family member or friend who would have such pictures. I seriously doubt even a friend would have those kinds of pictures. So imho we can narrow it to that point. I am not even sure a family member would typically have such pictures... jmo...

I think they were all taken through windows. LE announced when they were done with the place and after that I think an opportunistic news person just went there and snapped photos through the windows. As I start to understand the layout of the house I can see how the photos line up with either ground floor windows, or the 2nd floor windows on the raised deck. As much crap as there is laying around, I'm pretty sure there was a lot more that they took as evidence, and JP's room where he had her stay under the bed is probably completely emptied.

Not sure that JP is still "hung up" on that particular girl from his freshman year, but it's possible he's stunted to that time for some unknown reason.

Having zoomed in on the picture on the wall in the (sisters?) bedroom, I agree with whoever said that picture resembles Jayme. Don't know if it's the sister or someone else, but I think there could be a connection.
upload_2019-1-24_0-30-25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member