Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2 hours ago:

SUR en directo

@SURDirecto

#RescateJulen | Llegan más medios de comunicación para intentar documentar la llegada de los mineros, aunque no hay confirmación oficial de cuándo subirán a la zona de búsqueda.

More media arrive to try to document the arrival of the miners, although there is no official confirmation of when they will go to the search area.

Twitter
I think we can deduce that by the time the searchers can finally get in there, that this will be a recovery mission. So heartbreaking. Seeing how deep that is, I just don't know how anyone could survive that alone, never mind nine days after without food and water. As i said before, the air quality wouldn't be good all that way down. Poor baby- I hope that if he is deceased, that it happened fast and that he didn't suffer. If he's alive, well, that is a miracle in itself- we can still hope!

I think we can deduce that by the time the searchers can finally get in there, that this will be a recovery mission. So heartbreaking. Seeing how deep that is, I just don't know how anyone could survive that alone, never mind nine days after without food and water. As i said before, the air quality wouldn't be good all that way down. Poor baby- I hope that if he is deceased, that it happened fast and that he didn't suffer. If he's alive, well, that is a miracle in itself- we can still hope!

I agree that things are looking grim and have been for a while. I am not yet ready to give hope quite yet; as long as the rescuers and the family holds on, I will too. We've all seen & heard some amazing stories of survival, so I keep that hope alive in my heart.

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best, yes?

I can’t believe the set backs this rescue has suffered, Julen’s poor parents waiting through all of this, it’s been hard enough to watch from the internet sidelines, poor Julen for what he endured! I hope we have seen the last of the set backs & the team can move in & finally remove that poor boy.

How far down was the plug? I'm not remembering now. That would give us some idea of how big the plug is. If it is 15 meters from the bottom.
I read that the plug is from 71 t0 73 meters. When they dig to join the two shafts they will go in at a slightly uphill angle at 72m. So they will be at the centre of the plug.
I will try to find the article.

found it: 35 horas por delante para rescatar a Julen en Totalán

Last edited:
Mining Rescue Brigade of # Asturias undertake the # rescateJulen from a window located on the fringe of -72 or -73 meters into the parallel shaft

SUR en directo on Twitter

I don't even know what that means. Clearer translation for us Rubia?

IIRC, that is in reference to the horizontal tunnel being dug towards the borehole in which Julen is trapped. I think. My Spanish isn't the best.

IIRC, that is in reference to the horizontal tunnel being dug towards the borehole in which Julen is trapped. I think. My Spanish isn't the best.

Oh sorry, my ability to be clear isn't the best. LOL

I understand they are talking about them going down the pipe, to 72/73 meters where there is a window in the pipe. Then digging horizontally.

But, have they started? Or are we just being told AGAIN how it will work? "Undertake" threw me off because I haven't seen any sign they've actually started. Probably just rehashing the plan AGAIN.

I agree that things are looking grim and have been for a while. I am not yet ready to give hope quite yet; as long as the rescuers and the family holds on, I will too. We've all seen & heard some amazing stories of survival, so I keep that hope alive in my heart.

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best, yes?

I tend to agree with you. There is certainly the hope for a miracle and with that, a possibility of finding Julen alive. However, the probabilities of that miracle are slim. Praying for this family and the workers.

Oh sorry, my ability to be clear isn't the best. LOL

I understand they are talking about them going down the pipe, to 72/73 meters where there is a window in the pipe. Then digging horizontally.

But, have they started? Or are we just being told AGAIN how it will work? "Undertake" threw me off because I haven't seen any sign they've actually started. Probably just rehashing the plan AGAIN.

I have no idea either if they have started! This is getting tedious. :(

# RescateJulen # Video
1f3a5.png
Brigade Rescue # Minero of # Asturias leaving the hotel, ready to go to # rescue the child. By @ alvaro_frias

SUR en directo on Twitter

Some applause and shout of spontaneous encouragement for the brigadistas of Salvamento Minero this morning when leaving your hotel to go up to # Totalán for # Julen

Does anyone have an idea as to what the excavator is doing on the live video feed?

ETA: It’s moving dirt but why?

I would assume they are making the access platform?

After they put in the 60 meters of pipe into the parallel well, they were adding 12 meters of pipe over the mouth of the parallel well.

Then they were filling the space around that pipe to create the access platform for them to work from in that level.

That's the only guess I have.

I think it’s wonderful to have hope, but at this stage I think it’s dangerous to refer to the situation only as a rescue with no mention of the fact that it is more than likely a recovery at this point, giving that much hope & pressure to everyone involved isn’t healthy. No doubt the team would have a complete understanding of what they might find, but really when the whole world is watching holding their breath & the MSM is reporting it’s as rescuing the child, but when they come up with this poor boy’s body, I think the worlds reaction is going to impact them even more & this will be harder to process. I just hope that his family are as prepared as they can be :(

ETA - unless the term “rescue” is just being used in the translations

I think it’s wonderful to have hope, but at this stage I think it’s dangerous to refer to the situation only as a rescue with no mention of the fact that it is more than likely a recovery at this point, giving that much hope & pressure to everyone involved isn’t healthy. No doubt the team would have a complete understanding of what they might find, but really when the whole world is watching holding their breath & the MSM is reporting it’s as rescuing the child, but when they come up with this poor boy’s body, I think the worlds reaction is going to impact them even more & this will be harder to process. I just hope that his family are as prepared as they can be :(

ETA - unless the term “rescue” is just being used in the translations

Rescate means rescue, so that is the word they are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni