Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much the most utterly ridiculous and stupidest question you have probably ever seen on here (my apologies ahead of time for asking it), but is there any chance that they were able to drop some kind of food or water for this little guy, in case he was alive? I know, really stupid...but I have to ask. It would be in my opinion, the only way that little guy would be alive.

I would have expected it to be reported if anything like that had been done :( If they could have got a camera down to see exactly where he was in the hole, then I think they could have tried that, but if they can't tell from the top where he is?

I haven't even seen any updates about them putting oxygen down the hole to increase oxygen levels down there. And it does surprise me if they haven't done that?

I would have expected it to be reported if anything like that had been done :( If they could have got a camera down to see exactly where he was in the hole, then I think they could have tried that, but if they can't tell from the top where he is?

I haven't even seen any updates about them putting oxygen down the hole to increase oxygen levels down there. And it does surprise me if they haven't done that?
I was thinking, hopefully if he is alive, that instinct kicked in and maybe he found some rocks to lick some salt and minerals off of. Also, eating dirt might help keep the belly full, but too much of that can cause stomach issues.

I agree about the oxygen being sent down- I've said before, the air quality down there isn't good, there's not much air flowing around to breathe properly.

Keeping fingers crossed for the little guy.

This is pretty much the most utterly ridiculous and stupidest question you have probably ever seen on here (my apologies ahead of time for asking it), but is there any chance that they were able to drop some kind of food or water for this little guy, in case he was alive? I know, really stupid...but I have to ask. It would be in my opinion, the only way that little guy would be alive.

I was thinking, hopefully if he is alive, that instinct kicked in and maybe he found some rocks to lick some salt and minerals off of. Also, eating dirt might help keep the belly full, but too much of that can cause stomach issues.

I agree about the oxygen being sent down- I've said before, the air quality down there isn't good, there's not much air flowing around to breathe properly.

Keeping fingers crossed for the little guy.

There is a plug in the well at about 70 meters deep, made out of rocks and compacted soil that cascaded down after him. They tried to get through but were not able to. They were worried to dislodge the rocks and they would fall on top of him if they tried to remove them. Julen is believed to be below that plug but there has been no sign of life. Georadar has shown an airpocket below the plug.

There is a plug in the well at about 70 meters deep, made out of rocks and compacted soil that cascaded down after him. They tried to get through but were not able to. They were worried to dislodge the rocks and they would fall on top of him if they tried to remove them. Julen is believed to be below that plug but there has been no sign of life. Georadar has shown an airpocket below the plug.
Air is good, but he needs water too. A full grown adult has about 100 hours that they can go without water and survive. Toddlers, less than that. If he's got oxygen, he also needs a source of water and hopefully he has that.

Air is good, but he needs water too. A full grown adult has about 100 hours that they can go without water and survive. Toddlers, less than that. If he's got oxygen, he also needs a source of water and hopefully he has that.

Yes hopefully! But this well was abandoned because they did not find water :( Maybe there is some moisture but I doubt it would be enough to sustain him for this long.

It's also cold in there.

I’ve read people saying they hope he has been able to find water & lick it from the walls. How do they think this is possible, wouldn’t he be in a wedged position, there would be no room for him to move around?

I’ve read people saying they hope he has been able to find water & lick it from the walls. How do they think this is possible, wouldn’t he be in a wedged position, there would be no room for him to move around?

Yes I believe he would be wedged in. @Hatfield thinks he might actually be in the plug and not in the airpocket below.

My heart just pitter patters at the thoughts of this little guy down there. If he is alive, let's hope they get to him soon before it's too late. If not, I'd rather that the poor child die instantly that been suffering for awhile before he passed on. That poor child, and my heart is just aching for his parents and family.

My heart just pitter patters at the thoughts of this little guy down there. If he is alive, let's hope they get to him soon before it's too late. If not, I'd rather that the poor child die instantly that been suffering for awhile before he passed on. That poor child, and my heart is just aching for his parents and family.

Yes, it’s such a horrible situation when you find yourself wishing death to a child, but I couldn’t agree with you more, if he has suffered immensely only to have perished along the way, it is better that the falling of the rocks killed him instantly.

I've thought the same. It's beyond frustrating how long the rescue has taken and the worst would be any suffering this child has had to bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DColey